Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.9.0

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

mgarnett

RE: Unit Editor - New Version 0.2.0 Released

Post by mgarnett »

ORIGINAL: Ranta

Hi

Very very good work. I like it very much and think that it is highly usefull :)

I just have a some question
   Is it possible to modify existing units, rather then replacing them with new ones?
   Can you make the country's list be orderable by name (so one can toggle between ordere by flag no. / name)?

Best Regards

Ranta

PS I think I found a (minor) bug. If one selects a country without any units (e.g. national spain) and adds a unit (without changing the units flag - to national spain, e.g.) , an error message appears. (somethin with starting index = -1). If youw ant, I can take a screenshot...

Hi Ranta,

You can certainly modify existing units, just select the unit you wish to modify, change the values that you want changed and then click "commit unit", this overwrites the unit currently being viewed. If you make changes and then click "Add Unit", it will add a copy of the edited unit at the end of the database rather than change the unit.

Good idea about the country list, I'll look at adding this in the next version or so.

Thanks for the bug report about zero unit countries, I'll track that one down and implement a fix.

Cheers

Mark
Mark Garnett
Brisbane Australia
Dumnorix

Post by Dumnorix »

Thank you very mutch Mgarnett - your Editor runs very good yet.

H.Balck
El Condoro

Post by El Condoro »

Hi Mark.
You asked for feedback on 2.0.7.
  • Save settings: not sure if this is how it should work but when I open the editor it starts blank. When I click Open it goes to the pzeqp file I last used - I click Open and it opens. Then it browses to the Unit graphics and I open that. I assumed the editor would open with those files already opened. If this is the intended operation, that's fine, but I'm not sure. It's a huge improvement over previous versions in any case.
  • Suggestion: add a field that indicates what nation the flag numbers represent. e.g. 5 = Italy; 0 = Germany etc. This would not be editable.
Great work. Cheers.
ORB & CROWN Fantasy Warfare Mod for Strategic Command
Download for War in Europe or World at War - YouTube - Discord
mgarnett

Post by mgarnett »

Hi El Condoro,

Thanks for the feedback. The settings INI file should remember which equipment and graphics directory you last used. When you start the editor back up, it should automatially take you straight to the correct folders for each file so that you only need to click open (it won't automatically open them, you still ned to click open). If this isn't working for you, can you please let me know.

Good idea about the flag ID numbers!! I'll add in a little "helper" to map numbers to countries.

Cheers

Mark
Mark Garnett
Brisbane Australia
4rakbtl32

Post by 4rakbtl32 »

Thanks for the feedback. The settings INI file should remember which equipment and graphics directory you last used. When you start the editor back up, it should automatially take you straight to the correct folders for each file so that you only need to click open (it won't automatically open them, you still ned to click open). If this isn't working for you, can you please let me know.

this work not for me , every time i open the editor , i must open the equipment and graphics directory from hand.
El Condoro

Post by El Condoro »

Just to confirm the editor is working as intended: the folder is remembered and mapped when the editor is opened. It does not automatically open them, as you have said. Thanks.
ORB & CROWN Fantasy Warfare Mod for Strategic Command
Download for War in Europe or World at War - YouTube - Discord
HerzKaraya

Post by HerzKaraya »

ORIGINAL: mgarnett

ORIGINAL: Bubi Hartmann

Hi,

I've edited the BF109F to reflect the difference between the F-2 and F-4 models as well as created a Polikarpov I-15 from the I-16 as a test.
None of the planes appear as "buyable" in any scenario and the old BF109F and I-16 already in play on a given scenario have a strength of 1.

I guess I have the same date problem - using Spanish format.

BTW, can you delete any given equipment completely, may it be original or user-created?

Regarding the included scenario editor, is there a way to give every single unit it's own experience and strength setting?

Thanks

Hi,

Can you confirm which version of the editor you are using? Also, can you please email me a copy of your edited equipment file and I'll have a look.

Cheers

Mark

Sorry for the delay,
I probably was using one of your first versions as now with 2.0.6 i don't have this problem any more.
Eveything works great and I'm very thankful for your editor!

About the program remembering the equipment and the gfx folder, in my case it does with the first, but not with the second.
Cheers.
Vista, suerte y al toro!
gunhojr

Post by gunhojr »

sorry to ask what editor is this for what game thanks
eric smolson
mgarnett

Post by mgarnett »

Hi Guys,

I wanted to send through a quick update. Work on the campaign editor continues and is much more work than I originally anticipated. Adding, deleting and removing entries is the easy part but factoring in the changes to all the other entries as a result is taking me a little longer to implement. Then making sure that it all fits back together and taking into account entries that are no longer workable is a little more difficult. For example, you might decide to delete a scenario path and if so, all other paths that point to the deleted path are now illegal entries, handling this is difficult from a design perspective.

I'm at the point at the moment where the adding, removing, deleting and inserting code is implemented and is working great. I'm now working on taking into account the effect of these actions and working out what entries need to be amended as a result of the changes. I'm getting there, it's just taking a little longer than originally thought so please bear with me.

Cheers

Mark
Mark Garnett
Brisbane Australia
flakfernrohr

Post by flakfernrohr »

I love this editor. I have been playing with it about three days experimenting and making a wide range of different units thanks to the other new graphics download made available from Zombiehunter1977.

I am having some difficulty in making the traits command feature work. If I make a particular unit and take out the no purchase, green, bonus, etc. features, the new unit shows up with them anyway in my new equipment file.

Don't know what I am NOT doing right, but I am sure it is something simple.[&:]
Just a war games guy.
zombiehunter

Post by zombiehunter »

Mgarnett, you're doing amazing work! Thanks for all the effort you're investing!
zombiehunter

Post by zombiehunter »

Flak, did you hit commit before you saved? Its like a "Confirm Change?" button, and then save to make it permanent.
flakfernrohr

Post by flakfernrohr »

Hi Zombiehunter! Yes, I am confirming the unit changes with the confirm button. It appears some of the units I have cloned with your graphics are showing up at the start of a campaign or battle since the bonus feature did not get removed. I will have to go back in to the equipment list and editor to change the clone unit I guess because the units I created with unique numbers, regiment designations, and special features are probably going to get set up on a beginning battle scenario or campaign and that is NOT what I wanted. I only wanted to be able to purchase them as things progressed. Maybe the "bonus" feature and other traits are hard coded, I really do not know.

The other odd thing I have found with the editor is that when I make a new unique unit with special characteristics, somehow the unit sometimes (NOT ALWAYS) gets back into the slot of the ORIGINAL unit I chose to clone. So I wind up with TWO of the same unit on the equipment data sheet file. It gets a little confusing and mind boggling because I have to constantly check the original equipment slots to make sure they are as they were originally in the game and not modified by my new units I cloned from them. Sometimes it looks like the cloned new units are randomly jumping slots with one another or the original units. Sorta gets tiresome and irritating. I have to be in the right frame of mind to do this sort of thing and I cannot do it everyday because it is so tedious.

Also I noticed that the graphics you provided so graciously are working wonderfully except when I pull one up in the purchase menu. They show up in the list with graphics, but the unit graphics do not show up on the right column with the data for the unit. Strange again. Maybe need to put ".png" behind each image's description, don't know for sure. I had thought the images once folded into the original graphics file would work just as the original images and they do except for this feature.

I made about 35 unique one of a kind Historical units of infantry and armor clones from original the original equipment list. Since a couple of them showed up on a starting campaign with no history behind it, I am hoping all the rest of the unique units will not be included in the game's bonus features. Otherwise all I have done is practically for naught! My goal is to have a huge pool of historical units to play in various battles and campaigns and I do not want them to be put up on the field of play in duplicate, triplicate or whatever.

This equipment editor has driven a lot of cobwebs out of my historical memory data banks, revived a lot of historical interest in me and woken up my ability to concentrate on something single minded again.

The work you and Mr. Garnett have put into this game is highly valued and appreciated by me in particular. I am becoming as much a fanatic of it as I am about IL-2 Sturmovik.

Just a war games guy.
mgarnett

Post by mgarnett »

Hi Guys,

I've just uploaded a new version. Apologies for the delay, real life intervened for a while.

Cheers

Mark
Mark Garnett
Brisbane Australia
mgarnett

Post by mgarnett »

Hi All,

New version uploaded.

Cheers

Mark
Mark Garnett
Brisbane Australia
mgarnett

Post by mgarnett »

Hi All,

A new version has now been uploaded.

Cheers

Mark
Mark Garnett
Brisbane Australia
mgarnett

Post by mgarnett »

Hi All,

I've uploaded a new version increasing compatibility with custom equipment files.

Cheers

Mark
Mark Garnett
Brisbane Australia
flakfernrohr

Post by flakfernrohr »

Hello, I can download the new version, but when I click on "run" it will not start and disconnects. Any suggestions?
Just a war games guy.
tedsmith6

RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.7.0

Post by tedsmith6 »

Where is the equipment file located?
VPaulus

RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.7.0

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: tedsmith6

Where is the equipment file located?
Panzer Corps\Data

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”