Support for German edition?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Anguille

Support for German edition?

Post by Anguille »

Hi there,

I have just seen the game in a box (german edition) and was wondering what kind of support there is for that version (as there's a new patch in the making),

Thanks

Joel Billings

RE: Support for German edition?

Post by Joel Billings »

We expect to release new German versions, although less often than we release public beta versions of the English product. We also can't guarantee that some English words will show up in these later releases, but we don't think there will be much new text so we should be able to get it translated. Bottom line is if you want to play the public beta versions that we make available and can understand English well enough, go with the English version. If you are mostly concerned about the official versions, you can expect that we will release major official updates for the German version a little after we release them in English.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Anguille

Post by Anguille »

Thanks for your reply...

I'll think about it and will likely buy one or the other version this week.

Cheers
Vorsteher

Post by Vorsteher »

is there a chance, we can update our US Version in german version ?
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

I don't know of any plan in the near term to allow updating of an English version to a German version. I think the German distributor has rights over the German version. Sorry.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”