Boot Camp 4

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

Gerry4321

Boot Camp 4

Post by Gerry4321 »

Not sure I understand the briefing. It says the Germans are off on a flank counter. Is that correct that the Germans are attacking in this one. When I click the Russian flag no points show up. This seems to happen to me fairly often, so wondering if some objectives have no stated point value to keep you guessing.

Thanks,

Gerry
rickier65

RE: Boot Camp 4

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Gerry

Not sure I understand the briefing. It says the Germans are off on a flank counter. Is that correct that the Germans are attacking in this one. When I click the Russian flag no points show up. This seems to happen to me fairly often, so wondering if some objectives have no stated point value to keep you guessing.

Thanks,

Gerry

Gerry,

In this scenario you want to hold your position. Your infantry is bait for the T34s. The Russian Objective is worth 80points, but the German one you hold is worth 200 points.

This is a good scenario to learn how to use Infantry to discourage Armor from moving forward without support. You can usually only win this by learning how to successfully close assault the attcking armor.

Thanks
Rick
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Thanks Rick:

Why am I seeing nothing when I click on the Russian flag? NP with the German flag.

Gerry
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Gerry

Thanks Rick:

Why am I seeing nothing when I click on the Russian flag? NP with the German flag.

Gerry

No problem Gerry, I recall enjoying this scenario when I played it.

Below is what I see as points for Russian Objective. Are you sure you're clicking on the objective marker?

Thanks
Rick

Attachments
boot4objective.jpg
boot4objective.jpg (244.31 KiB) Viewed 90 times
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Click near the base of the flagpole, not on the flag.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

I realize it is me but no matter which part of the flag I click, nothing shows up.

Unfortunately I didn't get to practice class assault. On one side of the flag my units were hiding in the houses and the T-34s came too close. Both were knocked out from less than 20m. What weapon could these infantry have to knock out a T-34?  The specs just show MGs and Smoke Grenades IIRC.

Thanks,

Gerry

Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Just saw this now. Yes this works. Thanks.

Gerry
ORIGINAL: junk2drive
Click near the base of the flagpole, not on the flag.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

We don't show every weapon that a squad/platoon might have. It is assumed that they have hand grenades or other devices that could knock out a tank.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

That would be a nice idea for PC4. I have read about anti-tank grenades and "rifles" that used an attachment to fire them but I cannot remember the names.

Are PFs and PSKs show separately when a squad has them?

Thanks,

Gerry
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

You can open up the xml with Internet Explorer if you just want to see what is in there. The Soviet Tankodesantniki (Tank riding troops) have an anti tank weapon. The xml looks something like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<infantry month="5" morale="+1.10.1" points="7" side="Russian" type="Tankodesantniki" year="42" movetype="0" endservice="06/45" medservice="12/43" medprev="5" stddev="36"
desc="Guards submachinegun platoons, like most Guards units, initially followed the same table of organization as that of their regular Red Army counterparts. As with the regular rifle divisions, the submachinegun companies were the regimental commanders reserve, to be used either to reinforce his scouts or to intervene with the support of the regimental artillery. In the motorized or mechanized units, the submachinegunners would ride into battle as Tankodesantniki atop the assaulting tanks. Once the tanks had reached the point where the close fighting capabilities of the submachinegun could be exploited, the surviving submachinegunners would disembark and continue the assault on foot. As might be expected, casualties under such conditions were very high.">
&nbsp;<guns>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <gun gunid="1942 SMG w/DP LMG" rof="11"></gun>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <gun gunid="VPGS-41" rof="2">
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <ammo date="12/31/1945" loadout="HEAT=5" />
&nbsp; </gun>
&nbsp;</guns>
&nbsp;<attributes>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <attribute name="Squad" />
&nbsp;</attributes>
&nbsp;<set setid="default">
&nbsp; <models compendium="genericinfantry/R_Tankodesant win.png">
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <model filename="Russian Guards 40-42/russian_elitemgun.x" name="body1"></model>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <model filename="Russian SMG 42/russian_elitesmg.x" name="body2"></model>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <model filename="Russian Guards 40-42/russian_eliterifle.x" name="body3"></model>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <model filename="Russian Guards 40-42/russian_eliterifle.x" name="body4"></model>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <model filename="Russian Guards 40-42/russian_eliterifle.x" name="body5"></model>
&nbsp; </models>
&nbsp;</set>
<set setid="summer">
&nbsp; <models compendium="genericinfantry/R_Tankodesant summ.png">
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <model filename="Russian Guards 40-42/russian_elitemgun_SUMMER.x" name="body1"></model>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <model filename="Russian SMG 42/russian_elitesmg_SUMMER.x" name="body2"></model>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <model filename="Russian Guards 40-42/russian_eliterifle_SUMMER.x" name="body3"></model>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <model filename="Russian Guards 40-42/russian_eliterifle_SUMMER.x" name="body4"></model>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <model filename="Russian Guards 40-42/russian_eliterifle_SUMMER.x" name="body5"></model>
&nbsp; </models>
&nbsp;</set>
</infantry>

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”