Biggest blunders.

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

terje439

Biggest blunders.

Post by terje439 »

So, what are peoples biggest blunders in this game so far?
I had a biggie today in the Norway scenario. I wiped out the enemy inf in Oslo surprisingly easily but forgot to actually occupy the city. That I only realized when I had taken Narvik and still did not finish the scenario. The decisive victory became a marginal :o

Terje
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
Longasc

RE: Biggest blunders.

Post by Longasc »

Strategic blunder: Not upgrading my Panzer IV to Tiger II but Panther G in America. Several more would have survived as Tigers (better protected vs airpower, better vs M26 an hordes of Shermans etc).
SeaMonkey

Post by SeaMonkey »

I never blunder....I just reload![:D]
Hanal

Post by Hanal »

My blunder was thinking Greece was a cakewalk only to see the time wan as I approached the final objectives..won a marginal victory but that was not the plan...
JWW

Post by JWW »

Learning I need to bring my core units up to strength again between scenarios.  I kind of missed that at first.
Rood

Post by Rood »

Sofar forgot to occupy a few minor cities and then "suddenly" there's a few enemy units there.
gchristie

Post by gchristie »

Not too far into the game yet, but in the Norway scenario I parked one of my cruisers in a Norwegian controlled port thinking I would then occupy it, and poof! it disappeared next turn [:-]
terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: gchristie

Not too far into the game yet, but in the Norway scenario I parked one of my cruisers in a Norwegian controlled port thinking I would then occupy it, and poof! it disappeared next turn [:-]

Sounds like you had naval units to its rear so that it could not retreat and the Allies attacked it? This will leave to an automatic scuttle

Terje

Dragoon.

Post by Dragoon. »

I think my biggest blunder was the massive arrogance I  approach the  Greek scenario. Certainly was a lesson humility. Who ever was the scenario designer; "I take my hat off to you!"
gchristie

Post by gchristie »

Terje,

I don't recall the allies attacking the port, though it was a few days ago so my recollection may not be spot on. The port was in the enemy's rear.
greykemp@gmail.com

Post by greykemp@gmail.com »

I forced an British Cruiser to scuttle in a Norweigen Port by attacking it with infantry. Apparently, ships caught in port by ground units sink themselves.

dig In
HermanGraf

Post by HermanGraf »

Invading Russia... That was my biggest blunder [:'(]
terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: DigIn

I forced an British Cruiser to scuttle in a Norweigen Port by attacking it with infantry. Apparently, ships caught in port by ground units sink themselves.

Only as long as they have nowhere to retreat. Also quite handy in the Norwegian campaign if you place a recon unit in the northern landing zone, as you are likely to be able to scuttle one of the British units landing in the city just south of the landing zone this way.

Terje

_Flin_

Post by _Flin_ »

ORIGINAL: HermanGraf

Invading Russia... That was my biggest blunder [:'(]

Drink => nose
Misconduct

Post by Misconduct »

Keep hitting the end turn button rather then buying elite replacements for a Tiger with 5 star's and watching it die to a horde of crappy Russian recon units.

Snuck behind Stalingrad and the Recon unit got bogged down, lost a 5 star 17CM gun and 2 sets of paratroopers to the tanks just sitting there for no apparant reason.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7

Return to “Panzer Corps”