Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108r9 updated 21 January 2012 (2nd part)

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

michaelm75au

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p7 updated 7 August (2nd part)

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: seydlitz

ORIGINAL: michaelm

In this save, I see the Yamato in Yokohama.
Either way, the value under the Weapon column is the max device that needs to be repaired - in this save it is 3219 which is the "effect" value of the damaged weapon (#2 turret 46cm gun).
To repair such a large value will require a shipyard of at least 161 - rule of thumb is ship yard can repair device of 20 x Shipyard size (pg 248 of manual).

The current beta shows the damaged device from the Manage Repair screen. There was a fix in p6 that I think for this.

There seems to be a special case in the code for shipyard repairs to large devices.
Shipyards in Osaka, Karachi and San Francisco, or a shipyard of size 90+ can repair any device cost (effect) upto 9999.

The repair code had the above exception but not the estimate repair code. I have added it to the estimate code to keep them in sync.
In that case, the damage to Yamato's weapons would have repaired regardless of the 'X' under the weapon's column.
Thanks for looking at this. I will upgrade to P7. Oddly enough, I had previously tried repairing at both Kobe and Osaka. Glad to hear this was addressed in P6.
Repair to big ships take a long time, and originally I didn't think it was repairing - reason why I moved the Y to the bigger Repairyard of 100 points (can't remember which base but it close at hand).
To assist in this, I added a 'Repair points' to the Manage Repair screen which shows the 'repairs'.
I suggest waiting till I drop in p9 which has this and a few other repair interface changes.
Michael
michaelm75au

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p7 updated 7 August (2nd part)

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: Andrew Brown

There seems to be a special case in the code for shipyard repairs to large devices.
Shipyards in Osaka, Karachi and San Francisco, or a shipyard of size 90+ can repair any device cost (effect) upto 9999.

Now that is a piece of hard coding left over from the old WitP that I was not aware of!

That list is out of date for AE. I would suggest changing this list as follows:

- Change Osaka to either Kobe (slot 231) or Hiroshima/Kure (slot 228) or both.
- Change Karachi to the United Kingdom base (slot 819) - there is no repair shipyard at Karachi in AE.
- Change San Francisco to Alameda (slot 1409)
- Add Eastern USA base (slot 615)

Andrew

PS: I guess the size 90+ rule covers most of these changes, but at least remove Karachi from the list. But I would still prefer to see Eastern USA and United Kingdom bases added to any hard coded list, as they are really "meta bases".
Okay, I will make those changes.
Michael
michaelm75au

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p3 updated 10 July (2nd part)

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Toggling the "Allowed upgrade" (ship upgrade is ON) or "Not allowed upgrade" (ship upgrade is OFF) should show all ships that "due upgrade".
There is an implied 'to' before the word upgrade in the messages.

That turns on all ships that have an upgrade, overdue, this month or future. 'Show upgrades' shows ships due this month or overdue it does not show ships that are due in the future. Not that I want that to happen, as I said, this leads to upgrades that I don't want to happen.
Afraid I still don't follow. Anyway, I have updated the ship lists to standardize abit. So I added 'due time' filters to them.
1. Where the '>2 months' is, the text is clickable and cycles thru: "All upgrades", "Overdue", "This month", "Next month" and ">2 months".
2. The top corner will show the main filters (Active/Under repair, Due upgrade, and Withraws) over the top 3 lines of the screen. The base or HQ will appear on line 2 and then filter name, rather than after as is the case today.

Attachments
shiplist.jpg
shiplist.jpg (40.89 KiB) Viewed 120 times
Michael
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

Toggling the "Allowed upgrade" (ship upgrade is ON) or "Not allowed upgrade" (ship upgrade is OFF) should show all ships that "due upgrade".
There is an implied 'to' before the word upgrade in the messages.

That turns on all ships that have an upgrade, overdue, this month or future. 'Show upgrades' shows ships due this month or overdue it does not show ships that are due in the future. Not that I want that to happen, as I said, this leads to upgrades that I don't want to happen.
Afraid I still don't follow. Anyway, I have updated the ship lists to standardize abit. So I added 'due time' filters to them.
1. Where the '>2 months' is, the text is clickable and cycles thru: "All upgrades", "Overdue", "This month", "Next month" and ">2 months".
2. The top corner will show the main filters (Active/Under repair, Due upgrade, and Withraws) over the top 3 lines of the screen. The base or HQ will appear on line 2 and then filter name, rather than after as is the case today.

Thanks for that.

I'll try explaining it another way.

Using the three buttons you could turn on and display ships that had an overdue upgrade or an upgrade this month. So if the game date was Sep 44 anything from then backwards in time that still had an udgrade was displayed in the ship list by the show 'ships due upgrade'.

If you then went into a ship screen, such as the sub below, its future upgrades would be off. Before your fix above it would be on, but it would not show up in the list of ships due an update.

Some upgrades to ships types/classes (CV, DD etc) can apply to all/most of them. If you happened to move all into port on the last day of the month with upgrades set to 'yes' you could find yourself without any fully serviceable ships on the first of the next month.

Attachments
Untitled-1 copy.jpg
Untitled-1 copy.jpg (99.54 KiB) Viewed 120 times
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Anyway, I have updated the ship lists to standardize abit. So I added 'due time' filters to them.
Michael,

Great feature add. Filters are ALWAYS much appreciated! Really helps to deal with lack stacks at any base.
Pax
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

I originally post this in the main forum as I was unsure who to pass it to.

I'm play Beta but it probably applies to the latest stock patch as well and potential can affect all restricted units but specically Dutch and possible Phillipno.

I've reach the point in the game (Sept 44) where I've started to receive all of the originally withdrawn Dutch air units. In Beta they have been set to arrive at the standard Dutch arrival base or at Aden, in this case they have arrived at Aden. Problem is they are restricted so I cannot load them onto ships. OK, So I withdrew them again as they are useless there hoping I can at some point capture the main Dutch Bases at Soerabaja/Tjilitjap. No problem as I've done without them since early 42.

Then it dawned on me. They are restricted, even though they can arrive at Soerabaja/Tjilitjap I cannot do anything with them other than leave them there as there are no KNL bases and no KNL LCU left to chnage bases into KNL command.

When withdrawn units such as these return should they return as unrestricted units.

However I had forgotten that you can reattach LCU to restricted unit (mind went blank on that) so the part about no KNL bases and LCUs ignore. The bit about appearing at Aden is still relevent. Oh! and yes, it does affect Phillipino air units I 've just had two appear in SF and can do nothing with them.
seydlitz_slith

Post by seydlitz_slith »

Michael,

I have also noticed that changing repair priority is changing the allocated tonnage in a shipyard but in many cases is not changing the days needed to make a repair. For example, in the save that I had sent, Mutsu is at Kobe. Changing her from normal to critical priority only reduces her repair estimate by 1 day (currently at around 115 days). Is this WAD?
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

Michael,

I have also noticed that changing repair priority is changing the allocated tonnage in a shipyard but in many cases is not changing the days needed to make a repair. For example, in the save that I had sent, Mutsu is at Kobe. Changing her from normal to critical priority only reduces her repair estimate by 1 day (currently at around 115 days). Is this WAD?

Not enough info. Changing to a higher repair priority requires more of the shipyard resources. If no more is available, the priority increase does nothing.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Michael,

If the only ship in the yard, then the priority wouldn't mean much IMHO.

One thing I noticed and fixed earlier this week was that changing the priority or repair method on the screen updated the current ship's delays. But didn't seem to refresh that effect on the other ships being repaired. So adding another ship to repairyard should impact/change the repair time of other ships in the yard.

General note:
The estimated repair times wont always be a decreasing amount as you move from left to right thru the repair modes. In some cases, it could go up. Usually once I pick a method, the time decreases sequentially by one, but these times can change from turn to turn based on what is happening in the port, type of ship being repaired, additional/lack of resources, etc.
Michael
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

I'm play Beta but it probably applies to the latest stock patch as well and potential can affect all restricted units but specically Dutch and possible Phillipno.

I've reach the point in the game (Sept 44) where I've started to receive all of the originally withdrawn Dutch air units. In Beta they have been set to arrive at the standard Dutch arrival base or at Aden, in this case they have arrived at Aden. Problem is they are restricted so I cannot load them onto ships. OK, So I withdrew them again as they are useless there hoping I can at some point capture the main Dutch Bases at Soerabaja/Tjilitjap. No problem as I've done without them since early 42.

Then it dawned on me. They are restricted, even though they can arrive at Soerabaja/Tjilitjap I cannot do anything with them other than leave them there as there are no KNL bases and no KNL LCU left to chnage bases into KNL command.

When withdrawn units such as these return should they return as unrestricted units.

However I had forgotten that you can reattach LCU to restricted unit (mind went blank on that) so the part about no KNL bases and LCUs ignore. The bit about appearing at Aden is still relevent. Oh! and yes, it does affect Phillipino air units I 've just had two appear in SF and can do nothing with them.
Good point which I thought I had addressed.[:o]
A unit should retain the 'restricted' nature if it will arrive back at its national base (as with the Dutch), but if it has to arrive elsewhere, then it should lose it's 'restrictiveness'.

Do you have a save just before some of these units reappear? This will save me from trying to build a save.

Not that the following will change but:
Another twist on that is what happens to the units attached to a restricted HQ that is destroyed. Does that release all attached units? Or should the resticted HQ reappear at reduced strength at the home base?
Michael
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Santa Maria! This is complicated!

Maybe we should try something easy like global weather models that everyone can agree upon?
Bradley7735

Post by Bradley7735 »

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

Michael,

Not enough info. Changing to a higher repair priority requires more of the shipyard resources. If no more is available, the priority increase does nothing.

Excess shipyard space is automatically used to put ships into faster repair modes. So, if Mutsu was the only ship in Kobe, she would already be at critical repair mode, so changing it doesn't do much. As Don says, need more info.
The older I get, the better I was.
Rainer

Post by Rainer »

Do you have a save just before some of these units reappear? This will save me from trying to build a save.

Michael, run the attached save (Nov 8, 1983) and you will find AFTER the turn completes

GVT-8 arrives at Aden as arrival base is unavailable
6th PS PAAC arrives at San Francisco as arrival base is unavailable
9th OS PAAC arrives at San Francisco as arrival base is unavailable

Those units can only be withdrawn or disbanded (only air units at this time, sorry).
Hope this helps.
Attachments
wpae008.zip
(3.05 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

A unit should retain the 'restricted' nature if it will arrive back at its national base (as with the Dutch), but if it has to arrive elsewhere, then it should lose it's 'restrictiveness'.

Another twist on that is what happens to the units attached to a restricted HQ that is destroyed. Does that release all attached units? Or should the resticted HQ reappear at reduced strength at the home base?

Sure. This one has got Dutch and Phillipno a/c arriving ar Aden and SF respectively. If you run the turn you'll get some more Dutch next turn.
Attachments
wpae002.zip
(3.74 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
Blackhorse

Post by Blackhorse »

Don't release attached units -- that's too easy for a player to game. Set USAFFE or KNIL HQ to lead a counteratteck vs. the Japanese. Watch the HQ get destroyed. Start evacuating all the suddenly released Filipino / Dutch units.
WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: Blackhorse

Don't release attached units -- that's too easy for a player to game. Set USAFFE or KNIL HQ to lead a counteratteck vs. the Japanese. Watch the HQ get destroyed. Start evacuating all the suddenly released Filipino / Dutch units.
exactly what I fear as well. too easy of an exploit. you articulated it better than I could though.
Pax
seydlitz_slith

Post by seydlitz_slith »

ORIGINAL: Bradley7735

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

Michael,

Excess shipyard space is automatically used to put ships into faster repair modes. So, if Mutsu was the only ship in Kobe, she would already be at critical repair mode, so changing it doesn't do much. As Don says, need more info.

It was only Mutsu and an AS in the yard at Kobe. Your point might just be the answer.
Pascal_slith

Post by Pascal_slith »

I'm having some strange detection and attack results with ASW patrols.

Here are all the search arcs (all ASW) from Auckland that I have set up (for the past few turns already).

The problem I'm having is I get a lot of detection and attacks on the sub that is to the WEST of Auckland. Is this normal? Are the arcs WAD?

Attachments
ASWarcs.jpg
ASWarcs.jpg (136.65 KiB) Viewed 120 times
So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

Pascal_slith

Post by Pascal_slith »

I've had this occur a number of times so far for me (during April 42). Units appearing at Aden and SF but can't do much with them except maybe use them for training.
So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: Pascal

I'm having some strange detection and attack results with ASW patrols.

Here are all the search arcs (all ASW) from Auckland that I have set up (for the past few turns already).

The problem I'm having is I get a lot of detection and attacks on the sub that is to the WEST of Auckland. Is this normal? Are the arcs WAD?
There is a 2 or 3-hex range around the base that is also covered by any planes flying ASW.
Michael

Return to “Tech Support”