Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108r9 updated 21 January 2012 (2nd part)

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

wpurdom

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p8 updated 14 August (2nd part)

Post by wpurdom »

pure ignorance. I'll see what happens without the -w
wpurdom

Post by wpurdom »

I've made progress. I loaded the 1108p8 version. This cleared up my autosave function. It also changed my target to simply -w. I think michealm must default to windowed setting.
So I can set it up unwindowed full-screen with no cutoff at the bottom.
The full-screen is cool, but the windowed version is more functional.
I can set it up windowed full width and cut off the industry at the bottom.
I can set it up windowed, nearly squarish and get the industry line.
Is there any way to have the best of all worlds and expand the width in windowed mode and not cut of the bottom of the screen?
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

ORIGINAL: wpurdom
Is there any way to have the best of all worlds and expand the width in windowed mode and not cut of the bottom of the screen?
edit your shortcut, remove the " -w" switch, and edit the " -pxNN" & " -pyNN" terms to conform to your usual monitor resolution settings, to force WitP:AE to a full-screen. When in WitP, use 'alt+esc' to change to your desktop.
Klahn

Post by Klahn »

ORIGINAL: wpurdom

I've made progress. I loaded the 1108p8 version. This cleared up my autosave function. It also changed my target to simply -w. I think michealm must default to windowed setting.

For most of the beta patches it changes the shortcut back to using only the -w switch. Once you find settings that work well for your setup, I recommend copying the shortcut target string to a text file so you can simply paste it back together if you forget it after an update.

Here's mine for fullscreen btw... "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -fd -px1680 -py1050 -multiaudio -deepColor -skipVideo -cpu2 -dd_sw

I previously just tried to remember to copy it to the clipboard before I updated. A few patches ago I forgot and had to spend a good half-hour trying to figure out what is was. It seems that any change to this string results in the game running significantly slower on my system.
Klahn

Post by Klahn »

Is there any way to get patrol aircraft losses to CAP to show in the OPS report? As of right now, there is no way to see which units lost aircraft or where they were lost. INTEL shows the number losses, and they scroll in the message area during turn resolution, but if you don't catch it there the info seems to be lost for good.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Forgot to add this one and its codes to the earlier post for p8b. This and the 'p' for Para will show show up in all the LCU lists (including reinforcements when p9 released).
Tweaked Added codes to HQs on unit lists( c Corps, y Army, m Amph, n Naval, a Air) [MEM]

Michael
Chris21wen

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p3 updated 10 July (2nd part)

Post by Chris21wen »

Not sure when this happen, I'm using p8, but I don't seem to have the same control over which ships are set to upgrade as I did previously?

Originally I'd set 'No upgrades' then select 'Show ships due' followed by 'Allow upgrades' and all I would get is ships due this month or overdue.

Now when I clicking 'No upgrades' then 'Show ships due' I see nothing in the list.
or
If I click 'Allow upgades' then 'Show ships due' I do see ships due this month or overdue but all ships that have any future upgrade are also set to upgrade. This is bad, particularly early mid-game when a ships moving to a port would result it an upgrade leaving you with a shortage in ships.

I can go in and change individual ship but that's loooong and tedious.

Am I missing something?
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Toggling the "Allowed upgrade" (ship upgrade is ON) or "Not allowed upgrade" (ship upgrade is OFF) should show all ships that "due upgrade".
There is an implied 'to' before the word upgrade in the messages.
Michael
topeverest

Post by topeverest »

Now using P7 with my new PBEM. Great work.
Andy M
Blackhorse

Post by Blackhorse »

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Forgot to add this one and its codes to the earlier post for p8b. This and the 'p' for Para will show show up in all the LCU lists (including reinforcements when p9 released).
Tweaked Added codes to HQs on unit lists( c Corps, y Army, m Amph, n Naval, a Air) [MEM]

Very helpful. What about Command HQs?
WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: Blackhorse

Very helpful. What about Command HQs?
By default, any HQ left over is a command one.
Michael
seydlitz_slith

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p7 updated 7 August (2nd part)

Post by seydlitz_slith »

ORIGINAL: seydlitz

Save attached.
Also please check BB Mutsu at Kobe.
She has been in dock for two months with the same 15 engine and still shows 115 days to repair. Not seeing any progress.
Could please reattach as a ZIP, thanks.
Here you go. Not a true zip, just file extension changed to .zip from .pws.

More info:
If you access Yamato from the port screen at Kobe, she shows that #3 main gun turret has been knocked out. This is the damage that will not repair by any mode. If you go into manage ships under repair, it shows 3715# for the damage. Yet, if you click on Yamato for details within the screen, turret #3 shows no damage.

Attachments
wpae005.zip
(2.63 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

In this save, I see the Yamato in Yokohama.
Either way, the value under the Weapon column is the max device that needs to be repaired - in this save it is 3219 which is the "effect" value of the damaged weapon (#2 turret 46cm gun).
To repair such a large value will require a shipyard of at least 161 - rule of thumb is ship yard can repair device of 20 x Shipyard size (pg 248 of manual).

The current beta shows the damaged device from the Manage Repair screen. There was a fix in p6 that I think for this.

[edit]
The above actually agrees with the original posting so it must be right save.[;)]
Michael
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

Toggling the "Allowed upgrade" (ship upgrade is ON) or "Not allowed upgrade" (ship upgrade is OFF) should show all ships that "due upgrade".
There is an implied 'to' before the word upgrade in the messages.

That turns on all ships that have an upgrade, overdue, this month or future. 'Show upgrades' shows ships due this month or overdue it does not show ships that are due in the future. Not that I want that to happen, as I said, this leads to upgrades that I don't want to happen.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Either way, the value under the Weapon column is the max device that needs to be repaired - in this save it is 3219 which is the "effect" value of the damaged weapon (#2 turret 46cm gun).
To repair such a large value will require a shipyard of at least 161 - rule of thumb is ship yard can repair device of 20 x Shipyard size (pg 248 of manual).

The current beta shows the damaged device from the Manage Repair screen. There was a fix in p6 that I think for this.

There seems to be a special case in the code for shipyard repairs to large devices.
Shipyards in Osaka, Karachi and San Francisco, or a shipyard of size 90+ can repair any device cost (effect) upto 9999.

The repair code had the above exception but not the estimate repair code. I have added it to the estimate code to keep them in sync.
In that case, the damage to Yamato's weapons would have repaired regardless of the 'X' under the weapon's column.
Michael
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

Thanks Dan for your detailed explanation.
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

ORIGINAL: khyberbill

You're welcome, Ball.
Bradley7735

Post by Bradley7735 »

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

ORIGINAL: khyberbill

You're welcome, Ball.
[:D]
The older I get, the better I was.
seydlitz_slith

Post by seydlitz_slith »

There seems to be a special case in the code for shipyard repairs to large devices.
Shipyards in Osaka, Karachi and San Francisco, or a shipyard of size 90+ can repair any device cost (effect) upto 9999.

The repair code had the above exception but not the estimate repair code. I have added it to the estimate code to keep them in sync.
In that case, the damage to Yamato's weapons would have repaired regardless of the 'X' under the weapon's column.
Thanks for looking at this. I will upgrade to P7. Oddly enough, I had previously tried repairing at both Kobe and Osaka. Glad to hear this was addressed in P6.
Andrew Brown

Post by Andrew Brown »

Now that is a piece of hard coding left over from the old WitP that I was not aware of!

That list is out of date for AE. I would suggest changing this list as follows:

- Change Osaka to either Kobe (slot 231) or Hiroshima/Kure (slot 228) or both.
- Change Karachi to the United Kingdom base (slot 819) - there is no repair shipyard at Karachi in AE.
- Change San Francisco to Alameda (slot 1409)
- Add Eastern USA base (slot 615)

Andrew

PS: I guess the size 90+ rule covers most of these changes, but at least remove Karachi from the list. But I would still prefer to see Eastern USA and United Kingdom bases added to any hard coded list, as they are really "meta bases".
Information about my WitP map, and CHS, can be found on my WitP website

Return to “Tech Support”