Simulating WW2 - Closed

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

trhinz

Simulating WW2 - Closed

Post by trhinz »

I currently have a game going with Zuluhour which keeps me occupied in the evenings. I am looking to start another game with someone who can do at least 1 turn per day and whose turns would arrive during the morning hours here in western Canada.

My primary interest in the game is as a historical simulation. To that end, I am looking for someone whose play of the game would be constrained by the knowledge the opposing sides had at the time as well as the political realities facing each side. In other words, Kido Butai doesn't go hunting for US carriers west of Oahu after the attack on Pearl Harbour because in real life they had no idea they were there. The Allies do not immediately move every non-static unit out of the Philippines and Malaya etcetera. It seems to me that if both sides want to play this way, elaborate house rules shouldn't be necessary, but I'm willing to discuss this issue further.

I am looking to play scenario 1, either side.

Fog of war on.
Advanced weather effects on.
Allied damage control on.
Player defined upgrades off.
Historical 1st turn off.
December 7th surprise on.
Reliable USN torpedoes off.
Realistic R&D on.
No unit withdrawals off.
Reinforcement fixed.
zuluhour

RE: Simulating WW2

Post by zuluhour »

I hope you find an opponent soon. To bad you missed Erkki, looked like he had the same desires for the game play. I am posting here to for all to see that I am very satisfied with our arrangement. I will try to send you two a night (no promise here) pending your second game.

ps. In an air transport experiment I am currently air lifting a small (8AV) unit from a forward position. I had never used the feature vs the AI and was curious about the ability of a particular AC. Its only been one day, and I now have a fragment of twenty men toasting their good fortune on another island. This experiment goes hand in hand with an amphibious operation within 100nm of the west coast. Now if I could only find a way to get the NG Rifles behind x100 terrain.....

Good luck!

ps. Maybe Ill check the morale on the lucky few, and FLY'EM back and see what happens[:D]
trhinz

Post by trhinz »

I'm also happy with our game zuluhour. I've just become so addicted to this game that I would like to have at it while you are stuck at work!

shoopzee

Post by shoopzee »

Hey thinz2

You still looking? I'm in Nova Scotia, and would like to play as Allies in scn 1. I cant quite promise to file return every day, for sure 4-5 times a week. Just post and let me know what you think. I agree to the proposed house rules listed. Cheers, Ted.

btw how has your summer been going? Soggy, and cold here on the east coast.
trhinz

Post by trhinz »

Did you get the pm I sent shoopzee?
trhinz

Post by trhinz »

Starting game with krishub1, closing.
zuluhour

RE: Simulating WW2-closed

Post by zuluhour »

a
shoopzee

Post by shoopzee »

I tried to send PM. Doesn't look like it sent. I just have auto updated patches, what does this beta patch do? Thanks.
trhinz

Post by trhinz »

You can find the beta patches in the Tech Support section, Patch 06 - Public Beta. There is a downloadable file added to the first post. The improvements to the game are great. I would encourage you to try them.

I now have another game started as you've probably noticed, but thanks for your interest.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”