Highest kill total for Squadron

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

zzodr

Highest kill total for Squadron

Post by zzodr »

Hey guys,

Was wondering whats the highest number of kills any of your fighter sqns have reached in a game.
Allied or Japanese, PBEM or vs AI.. doesn't matter.
To start off...mine is VF2 with 343 kills. September 1943.

Attachments
VF2.jpg
VF2.jpg (143.65 KiB) Viewed 79 times
CaptBeefheart

RE: Highest kill total for Squadron

Post by CaptBeefheart »

I'm not at my game, but I expect you'll be seeing higher tallies posted here. Those six U.S. Army squadrons which enter Aden and/or Cape Town in 1942 generally get over 1000 kills each in a game vs. the AI. The RAF ones in that theater do well, too, but are handicapped by having only 16 aircraft vs. 25.

That said, 343 kills is pretty impressive for a USN carrier-based squadron in Sept. 1943.

Cheers,
CC
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

Up to mid 44
A number of USAAF Sqns with 500+
Some RAF & RAAF Sqns with 300+
USN have around 100, part of my trial was hiding the CV umtil 1943, gives you a lot of poorly trained and experienced pilots!!
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
String

Post by String »

I wonder what kill numbers Greyjoy has with his magic Spitfires?
Surface combat TF fanboy
SoliInvictus202

Post by SoliInvictus202 »

I have seen Japanese CV groups with 1000+ kills - was on a German forum....
greg_slith

Post by greg_slith »

My 75th FS at Akyab has over 700 kills. The 74th and 76th both have near 600. All in Feb 1943. My lead aces have 40+ kills.
Treetop64

Post by Treetop64 »

67 Squadron has been a big help in kicking a lot of gluteous maximus in this area.
This is as of 1 October 1942.  The Japanese never got any further into Burma than Pegu, and we've pushed them back to Tavoy and into Thailand (and I'm not about to go there).

zzodr

Post by zzodr »

Nice work Treetop. I think your 67Sqn deserves some R&R.
vettim89

Post by vettim89 »

In my game vs the AI, 1stSq/AVG was withdrawn with 238 kills. Not the amazing numbers posted here but still not bad for less than seven months in the field
"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry
Treetop64

Post by Treetop64 »

Nice work Treetop. I think your 67Sqn deserves some R&R.

Thanks. Relief is on the way down from Calcutta, then 67Sqd. will get a nice 60 day vacation.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

My top IJNAF-April 1943 (PBEM, scenario 1)

Attachments
Toppilots..43IJNAF.jpg
Toppilots..43IJNAF.jpg (106.67 KiB) Viewed 79 times
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Top IJAAF (PBEM, April 1943, scenario 1)

Attachments
Toppilots..43IJAAF.jpg
Toppilots..43IJAAF.jpg (112.65 KiB) Viewed 79 times
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

Chickenboy,

Looking at the numbers, even the best are struggling to break even.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Yes. Well, I'm not sure if the ratio (breakeven) is the same, higher or lower in those units with fewer numbers of kills. In general, it is increasingly difficult to stay above breakeven for the war on the whole into May 1943 though...

I'm also not sure if these pilots are my 'best'. They've seen the most action and got the most kills though. For example, my KB groups have many fewer kills (but much better ratios). In this game, I've used IJAAF extensively to blunt the USAAF and USNAF, buttressed only where necessary with IJNAF fliers.

I tend to follow an unusual pilot rotation schemata as well. You'll rarely find uber aces in my squadrons, as I tend to rotate them into TRACOM when I can. We'll see if my mid-late war approaches carry the day.
henhute6

Post by henhute6 »

This is the best eating tooth in my arsenal in game against the AI. Americans have been shovelling wildcats from Deni to aid the success of the mighty 85th Sentai!

Big B

Post by Big B »

I just find it odd that with all of the hundreds of aircraft shot down by each of these squadrons...their experience levels are so low.
With the exception of No67 Sqn RAF, their experience levels looks about the same as they would start with...
Lesbaker

Post by Lesbaker »

Here's my best Sqn as of 15 April 43, the experience is a little decieving most of the pilots are at 85 to 92 with a couple of low experience pilots just having been allocated.

Attachments
HighSqn.jpg
HighSqn.jpg (236.48 KiB) Viewed 79 times
Erkki

Post by Erkki »

Used to have one Zero group with 250 kills and about 50 A2A losses + 20-ish ops and 50 ground. B-17s were responsible for at least 45 of those A2A losses, all ground and probably half ops. But that was mid 42 only.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Big B

I just find it odd that with all of the hundreds of aircraft shot down by each of these squadrons...their experience levels are so low.
With the exception of No67 Sqn RAF, their experience levels looks about the same as they would start with...
Hi Big B,

I mentioned that I tend to rotate out Uber-good pilots to TRACOM and backfill with pilots from training. With that approach (many others use something similar), I would expect EXP per se to gravitate towards approximately 50, with the individual skill in the 70s.
Big B

Post by Big B »

That would explain some.
I also noted (particularly among the Japanese examples posted) - that given the organization size....when one looks over at the KIA/WIA/MIA numbers - many of these units have been wiped out many times over....not a way one would expect to build group experience level up, per say...

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Big B

Hi Big B,

I mentioned that I tend to rotate out Uber-good pilots to TRACOM and backfill with pilots from training. With that approach (many others use something similar), I would expect EXP per se to gravitate towards approximately 50, with the individual skill in the 70s.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”