TF Command

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

eloso

RE: TF Command

Post by eloso »

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

ORIGINAL: herwin

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

Higher rank meaning more ability? Someone has never been in the military...

Flag officers receive special training in commanding task forces with multiple types of assets. They still may be weak in specific skills, but they should be less weak than lower rank officers.

Someone else has never been in the military.

FYI I am a vet. I don't have a fetish for officers either as I was an enlisted man in the US Army but that doesn't mean a great captain of a company is ready to command a battalion and can do so better than a Major or a Lt. Colonel. I don't know how your navy operates so maybe McHale is the better choice...
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

{edit} Sorry, bad post.
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

there's a post here for WitP leader selection:
tm.asp?m=2350193
TF commanders can be changed when the TF is in port - but not when it's at sea. devs have confirmed that TF commander rank isn't important, choose your TF commander from the available list, weighing his qualities against the PP-cost for the change. note that some TFs might benefit from a lower aggression value. some recent posts to this thread are wonderfully irrevelant.

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

What jmalter said. It's just a limitation of the game engine, guys. It's not a philosophical thing about rank. [8D]
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

I agree with your last line jmalter 100%. Being in the military doesn't make you an expert on the military, it might make you knowledgeable about a small sector of that branch of the armed forces but that's about it. There are many good analysts that are very knowledgeable about the military while never having served. I think trying to tag someone as not being in the military and thus that opinion is somewhat suspect is not productive and largely irrelevant. This is a game after all. And yes, I did over 12 years in, which really shouldn't matter here.... Hal

Return to “The War Room”