Europe Aflame PBEM Axis

Post accounts of your memorable victories and defeats here for other wargamers to share.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

sapper32

Europe Aflame PBEM Axis

Post by sapper32 »

Now then gents im playing EA again on the 3.4.202 patch,Im the Axis in this one and my opponent Tran is Allied,I have decided to take the extra troops while my opponent decided against the extend maginot line option.
My first turns were used to prepare for the invasion of Poland i sent 2 Infantry Corps by sea transport to East Prussia while my Panzer and Motorised forces will spearhead the invasion from the western borders supported by infantry,Below is the map of the first weeks action the Poles despite being pounded by the Luftwaffe held up well but suffered heavy losses so week 2 should be a little easier for the Whermacht.

Attachments
EAturn4.jpg
EAturn4.jpg (431.46 KiB) Viewed 122 times
The battle of Medjerda is almost forgotten,but was fought against highly disciplined German troops and blasted a route straight to Tunis it was a perfect infiltration battle and should be remembered as the best fought British battle of the war.
sapper32

RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis

Post by sapper32 »

A much better turn for the Axis this time the losses the Poles suffered last turn enabled me to destroy and overun many Polish infantry corps and reach the outskirts of Warsaw, although i still had some turn left my hard marching 3rd army could not attack Warsaw and my 1st Pzr Army needs to refuel before the assault begins so the Poles survive another week.
France and Great Britain have declared war on Germany i will deal with them later although i am already railing troops west from Poland as the campain there is almost complete.

Attachments
EAT5.jpg
EAT5.jpg (432.59 KiB) Viewed 121 times
The battle of Medjerda is almost forgotten,but was fought against highly disciplined German troops and blasted a route straight to Tunis it was a perfect infiltration battle and should be remembered as the best fought British battle of the war.
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Turn 6 Warsaw falls the campain for Poland ends and German units prepare to move west.The French army has being quiet so im not expecting any cross border raids and will rest and refit my army before my next campain starts.

Attachments
ea6.jpg
ea6.jpg (411.87 KiB) Viewed 121 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

We move on to turn 37,The end of 1939 saw Norway invaded and captured by the Germans while the Soviet Union attacked Finland but made little headway.Winter struck then stopping all operations until spring,My Germans are camped on the Dutch/Belgian border.
The Belgians have allowed French & British troops to enter there country but they shall be dealt with,Im using the TO attack the Low countries so will have a shock bonus for two turns starting next turn.Here is a map of the starting positions.

Attachments
ea37.jpg
ea37.jpg (450.23 KiB) Viewed 121 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Turn 38 The invasion of the Low countries has started,Army group B will capture Holland and its cities then swing into Belgium and attack Brussels from the North while Army group A will engage and destroy as much of the British and French armies in Belgium as possible and capture Namur and Brussels forcing the Belgians to surrender.
Below is week one of the attack

Attachments
ea38.jpg
ea38.jpg (399.03 KiB) Viewed 121 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Turn 39 March 24/1940 The invasion continues with German forces capturing Brussels and Amsterdam forcing the surrender of both the Netherlands and Belgium,Also significant damage has been inflicted upon the French army this should make the second phase of the assault on the west Fall Gelb much easier.

Attachments
EA 39.jpg
EA 39.jpg (386.66 KiB) Viewed 121 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Turn 41 The campain for the low countries is over and the German army is resting ready for the battle for France as soon as my units are back in the green i will activate the TO Fall Gelb which will give me three turns of shock bonus.Meanwhile the Soviets are trying there luck with another attack on Finland.

Attachments
EAT41.jpg
EAT41.jpg (361.01 KiB) Viewed 121 times
ogar

Post by ogar »

Thanks for starting this AAR. I'm glad to see your reporting again, always liked your choice of images and summaries.

Did you guys really do 40+ turns of EA in a couple of weeks ?

Please keep up the AAR (if not that killer pace of turns).
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

ORIGINAL: ogar

Thanks for starting this AAR. I'm glad to see your reporting again, always liked your choice of images and summaries.

Did you guys really do 40+ turns of EA in a couple of weeks ?

Please keep up the AAR (if not that killer pace of turns).

Yes we did the turns in a few weeks they are generaly quite fast in the early turns,Thanks for reading they will keep coming.

Ian
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Turn 42 My army still rests and refits ready to invade France who have made a probe across the rhine river towards Stuttgart,Forces of Army group C quickly block the advance.

Attachments
ea42.jpg
ea42.jpg (454.34 KiB) Viewed 121 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Turn 43 Italy has joined the Axis and Mussolini orders the Italian army to cross the French border and advance into the riviera and alps.

Attachments
ea43.jpg
ea43.jpg (371.47 KiB) Viewed 123 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Turn 43 Western desert.

Mussolini has ordered the 10th Army to advance into Eygpt and kick the British out of the Med,The British Med fleet and a carrier group was spotted in the eastern med and engaged by the Italian navy and airforce operating from Libya,one carrier was sunk aswell as several heavy ships the Royal navy better beware i intend to drive it out of the med.

Attachments
ea431.jpg
ea431.jpg (201.74 KiB) Viewed 123 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Turn 44 The battle for France has started i activated the TO Fall Gelb the blitzkreig on France giving me three turns of shock bonus with the weakened state of the French army after the Belgian campain i hope to capture Paris before those three turns are up.

Attachments
ea44horz.jpg
ea44horz.jpg (412.87 KiB) Viewed 123 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Turn 45 The attack continues with the French army getting pounded and destroyed,early resistance this turn has ceased and the Germans roll on to the outskirts of Paris,The BEF is nowhere to be seen and must have withdrawn smart move they are going to need all there units to defend there shores?

Attachments
ea45.jpg
ea45.jpg (492.88 KiB) Viewed 123 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Turn 46 Paris is attacked and captured this turn the French army put up a desperate defense outside Paris but 8 Infantry corps were destroyed leaving Paris open to attack from four sides.

Attachments
ea46.jpg
ea46.jpg (457.5 KiB) Viewed 123 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Turn 47 France surrenders and Vichy France is formed although none of the units are active until the Allies attack them,My plans for now are to rest and refit my forces in the west and continue the campain in the western desert and plan attacks on some of the Med islands as there are extra DAK troops available for there capture also plans are being drawn up for an attack on the United Kingdom before the summer is out,Shown below are my infantry losses so far.

Attachments
ea48.jpg
ea48.jpg (261.2 KiB) Viewed 123 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Turn 50 the Italians and there German allies have driven deep into Eygpt but have run out of supplies and will be forced to halt and recover rediness before an assault on the nile delta can begin.
Operation are being planned to capture key Med ports and also operations against Yugoslavia and Greece are to go ahead in the near future.

Attachments
turn50.jpg
turn50.jpg (260.06 KiB) Viewed 123 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Turn 58

After the fall of France Germany turns its attention to the Balkans and along with its Axis partners Italy,Rumania and Hungary invades Yugoslavia,Week one of the attack goes to plan as progress is made towards Belgrade.

Attachments
turn58.jpg
turn58.jpg (392.61 KiB) Viewed 123 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Turn 60

The invasion of Yugoslavia continues as the Axis close on Belgrade this campain will be over within the next week.

Attachments
60.jpg
60.jpg (415.96 KiB) Viewed 123 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Turn 60 North Africa

The Axis are on the advance and capture El Alamein although there supply situation is dire to say the least.

Attachments
60e.jpg
60e.jpg (161.16 KiB) Viewed 123 times

Return to “After Action Reports”