DaBigBabes Release

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

cantona2

RE: DaBigBabes Release

Post by cantona2 »

its not. ive tried to access el oso's wif  andy map panels but the site is down

i have the art from the main DBB site but i cannot see the map panels for andy's WIF map
1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

JWE

Post by JWE »

DaBabes uses the map_art from the Babes site. I think some other mods use it too. But don't think AndyMac does. Babes scenarios are not compatible with AndyMac's map

I'm sorry, misread your post. You're asking about Andrew Brown's WIF map graphics?? I honestly don't know if they are compatible. Andrew sent me his files and I'm in the middle of comparing them. I wouldn't worry too much, though. If they fit the Babes pwhexe, I'll let you know, and it's a simple substitution into the ART folder. Will NOT affect a game, even a PBEM game. One thing you will need to keep constant is the Babes pwhexe file. Any difference between that and Andrew's will definitely affect a game, and in unknown ways.
cantona2

Post by cantona2 »

I mean the panels el oso made using DBB Map but in the WIF Style map. The WIF style map is just stock map but with a WIF hex style only on land and coastal hexes

The ones in post #126

JWE

Post by JWE »

Jeez, misread your post again !! OSO's map graphics fit Babes. We checked that out together back when the tweak was first done. I should have mirrored OSO's WIF versions on the Babes site. Oh well. Yeah, OSO's graphics are good to go.
cantona2

Post by cantona2 »

Yep I know Joe but the links to them are dead :(

I now have 95% WIF Map and two panels of hexes with Subic Bay and the Malayan Bases which means I have the correct pwhexe but not the WIF panels (eloso). Does anyone have them? Please PM and ill PM my email back to you. Thanks

cantona2

Post by cantona2 »

Let me show you what I mean

Attachments
13-08-2011 19-43-04.jpg
13-08-2011 19-43-04.jpg (167.03 KiB) Viewed 63 times

JWE

Post by JWE »

Yep. Panels look ugly. Base icons are placed in the center of the hex. We only pooched out the coastline a little bit. It looks strange, but it works.
cantona2

Post by cantona2 »

ORIGINAL: JWE

Yep. Panels look ugly. Base icons are placed in the center of the hex. We only pooched out the coastline a little bit. It looks strange, but it works.

Juan los hexes de las bases nuevas estan muy bien echas. El problema es que tengo lo dos paneles que no son del mapa tipo WiF y queda feo con algunos paneles con hexes y otros no.

JWE

Post by JWE »

Juan los hexes de las bases nuevas estan muy bien echas. El problema es que tengo lo dos paneles que no son del mapa tipo WiF y queda feo con algunos paneles con hexes y otros no.
Entiendo, amigo. Pero, en Ingles, I think the best solution is use the Babes panels with the regular art (utilice los paneles del mapa de los bebés con los paneles regulares del arte). I will find OSOs art panels and send you a set (encontraré OSO' los paneles del arte de s y le los envían). Paciencia mi amigo.
cantona2

Post by cantona2 »

Gracias Juan. Thanks

JWE

Post by JWE »

Éxito, pero no un éxito completo.

Jonathan asks, Jonathan gets. OSO's website is dead and gone. But I modified PWEH09, 15 and 16, in WiF form, that I got from Andrew Brown. Posted them on the Babes website as BigBabes_Map_Art_Wif. These will work for anyone having OSO's WiF art files.

Before ya'll even ask, no, I do not have a complete WiF art set. Andrew's full set has some additional stuff in it that we're all playing with, but is not fully compatible in certain other ways. We are working on compatability/unification, but I will let Andrew drive any public releases.

Ciao. J
cantona2

Post by cantona2 »

Many thanks Juan. Once again AE proves it has the best community online!

cantona2

Post by cantona2 »

PS Panels work and fit in seamlessly. Muy Bien Juan

eloso

Post by eloso »

ORIGINAL: JWE

Éxito, pero no un éxito completo.

Jonathan asks, Jonathan gets. OSO's website is dead and gone. But I modified PWEH09, 15 and 16, in WiF form, that I got from Andrew Brown. Posted them on the Babes website as BigBabes_Map_Art_Wif. These will work for anyone having OSO's WiF art files.

Before ya'll even ask, no, I do not have a complete WiF art set. Andrew's full set has some additional stuff in it that we're all playing with, but is not fully compatible in certain other ways. We are working on compatability/unification, but I will let Andrew drive any public releases.

Ciao. J

Well... The website wasn't actually mine but I had access to it for years. It was a business site for paint ball stuff that hosted mod sites for fps games. It was up as late as 7-31-11 but it is now missing. I still have these panels for all versions of the maps. They are too big to email but if someone has a ftp I would be happy to upload them somewhere.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”