event log is not being saved with saved games

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

shane56

event log is not being saved with saved games

Post by shane56 »

G'day,
am running an AI vs AI game with auto save on and the event log is not being saved with the saved game in the save folder, any reason why this might be happening or have I missed doing something in the game.
Yes I heave read the manual and it says "The logistics phase event only shows healthy manpower returning to the pool and does not display manpower on the disabled list. Every turn, the Supply Phase Event Log will be automatically exported to the game save directory as a plain text file, for example EventLog(Turn 001 6-22-1941 So).txt."
This non saving of the log also happened when I was saving the game by interrupting the AIvsAI with shift X and saving the game manually.
thanks ..Shane
Joel Billings

RE: event log is not being saved with saved games

Post by Joel Billings »

The event log does not get saved for AI players.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
shane56

RE: event log is not being saved with saved games

Post by shane56 »

Thanks for the reply, but the question needs to be asked why the log cannot be saved during AI auto save, the same as for any other time, surely it cant be hard to implement, as it is already done for the other type of games..
The info on the log is as important as the info screens, it's easier to read and more importantly it's easier to understand and interpret, and is all in one place so to speak to digest at leaisure.
When I test some aspect of my GC I obviously use AIvsAI and I also prefer to read the log to help better understand and clear up what is really taking place as well as the info screens which can in my opinion be a bit confusing at the least.

Thanks ..Shane

Return to “Tech Support”