Mouse control on opening menu

Post bug reports and ask for help with issues here.

Moderator: rickier65

buzznaut

Mouse control on opening menu

Post by buzznaut »

Searched for a similar problem but couldn't find anything, so maybe this is just my setup.

Recently purchased full version PCO. After installing patch game loads but mouse cannot move over game options on initial splash screen/menu. Have tried two different mice, and different usb ports, and updating mouse drivers. No change. Am currently trying to reinstall game, but that will take awhile.
junk2drive

RE: Mouse control on opening menu

Post by junk2drive »

Desktop or laptop? Can you post a dxdiag? Is options the only thing that you cannot click?

Edit: there is a hotkey for options, the letter O, can you try that?
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
buzznaut

Post by buzznaut »

Attached is the DiagDX file.
I re-installed base game (without patch) but same problem exists. Again on main menu screen I cannot "mouse over" red boxed options.
Attachments
DxDiag_buz.txt
(26.04 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
buzznaut

Post by buzznaut »

Just did some more testing. Used hotkeys to enter a battle. Within game mouse cannot be used to select units in lower unit selection box. Extremely laggy zoom with wheel. Basically game is unplayable unfortunately. Not really clear on what happened because the demo ran fine on my machine before.

In response to previous question I am using a desktop computer. Any ideas would be appreciated.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Looks like you have plenty computer power. Are there drivers for your mouse?

Erik knows more about this stuff. Hopefully he will have a look.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
buzznaut

Post by buzznaut »

Tried re-installing mouse driver and no change. Cant "mouse over" or click red boxes. Can't select units.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Wish I had a clue. It has to be something with your brand of mouse and driver. You could try uninstalling the driver, restarting the computer and see if Windows has a generic driver that works.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: buzznaut

Attached is the DiagDX file.
I re-installed base game (without patch) but same problem exists. Again on main menu screen I cannot "mouse over" red boxed options.

DO you have both a ps2 mouse and a usb mouse attached. I assume the Demo worked ok for you? Can you rn the demo and see if it still works ok?

Hopefully Erik or someone will see this and have some solution.

Thanks
rick
buzznaut

Post by buzznaut »

I re-installed demo with the current mouse setup and it works just fine. So its definitely a problem with my system and the full install, though I have not a clue what.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: buzznaut

I re-installed demo with the current mouse setup and it works just fine. So its definitely a problem with my system and the full install, though I have not a clue what.

Buzz,

That is pretty curious. The stock (unpatched) install is very close to the Demo install, though it does get it's own registry entry if I recall.

You have both the full game and the Demo installed now, the the mouse works with the Demo, but not with the full install.

I'll ask about this in the Dev. Forum in case some one has some suggestion there. Erik may also have some suggestion.

Thanks and I'm sorry for the trouble you're having.

rick
buzznaut

Post by buzznaut »

Yeah, so both are installed-demo works, full game not so much. Any info you were able to find out?

Return to “Tech Support”