SPzAbt 503 : The Bridgehead

This forum is intended for questions on scenario and campaign design, including the random scenario and campaign systems. This is also the location to upload and post your latest new scenarios and campaigns.

Moderator: rickier65

sztartur2

SPzAbt 503 : The Bridgehead

Post by sztartur2 »

EDIT on 2011.08.20 Briefing updated pz. grenadiers start the scenario mounted.
EDIT on 2011.09.12 Additional Germans added. Setup area added.

Gents,

Here is a scenario about the 503rd SPz Abt operations in Hungary october 44'
It uses my Szajol map posted in the maps forum.

This is the starting of the operation. Be warned the scenario is NOT playtested yet, new version would follow (as long as somebody tests it).

Dropbox link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37180814/public ... gehead.zip
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu
junk2drive

RE: SPzAbt 503 : The Bridgehead

Post by junk2drive »

Thanks, will have a look on the weekend.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

Excellent use of the limited map size. The map itself looks very realistic. Good job,  Szartur. 
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

This is the most geometry can provide. The diagonals [:)].
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

For the testers. While I have little resources I tried my best to make it as historical as possible. This is not a scenario made for play - balance (ok I cheated a bit for playability and made some speculations on the missing data ) rather to give back the situation it was back in 44'. Sometimes battles may be too easy or too hard, as in real life.

I will use this map for a more hypothetical but balanced battles as well.

junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I have noticed that you do not place troops in halftracks. That my be your design choice. But in case you didn't know, in the scenario editor, you can select the troops, then shift + right click the halftrack to have them mounted in setup. This works for buildings, foxholes and trenches as well.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Briefing, "encircled" spelled wrong.
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

Nev version added.
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

Scenario Updated.
Additional Germans added. Setup area added.
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

Sztartur, do you have any photos of WWII hungarian style houses or buildings? I could make some to add to the house collections.
Any idea of the standard door heights? Knowing that makes getting the dimensions from photos easier.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

Mobius. My friend! Will collect at the weekend. Thank you in advance!

Mobius. Can I ask you one thing please???!!!??? Can you make me a corn grass element? Please. Thanks for this too.

sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

As I promised you can see several examples to get the impression.
I would suggest to make one model with tiled roof as a main model and if you wish another with thatched roof.

I also added some town buildings, the town style was pretty common all over the former Austrian-Hungarian Monarchy.

If you have any questions please let me know. If I find some additional stuff will post it here.

Standard door height approx 2 meters.
Attachments
hungarianw..agehouse.zip
(692.69 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

ORIGINAL: sztartur

As I promised you can see several examples to get the impression.
I would suggest to make one model with tiled roof as a main model and if you wish another with thatched roof.
To make an interesting town I have to have a number of different houses. The common design of the houses look like they have a foyer on one side with the front door.
I have to figure out how to model this.

Then two different roof designs.
panzer
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

If the veranda is hard to model you should have windows there and go with the shape. There are houses like that too.
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

These are mostly village houses. For a small town you can base the models on the pictures and on your Niemirow houses I used for my maps.
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

One thing with all the photos of the village houses is they only show the side with the foyer/porch. What's on the back side? Is there a back door?
panzer
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

No back door, it ends in a wall or a back chamber.
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

I need feedback about this scenario. This is the beginning of "something".
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

@Mobius you should do the Hungarian houses a bit longer with at least 20% than the soviet houses. 
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I played this 3 times during update testing. One of the three as the campaign. I didn't continue the campaign but did finally finish the solo battle. Finally finished it on turn 61. You put a lot of guns on that map. Lots of turns to get to contact. It could speed up if the Germans had more arty to take out some of the guns. I saved most of the OBA for the end thinking that there might be a stubborn spot. I was right.

I'm more of an arcade player than a patient board gamer. This took too long for me but might be great for someone else.

Did you know that there are various versions of the German half tracks? Late war ones have camo.

Return to “Scenarios and Campaigns”