Beginner needs help

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

AbeSimpson

Beginner needs help

Post by AbeSimpson »

Hi!

After barely reading the manual half a year ago I started a pbem scenario (Guadalcanal) against a friend of mine some days ago. (We did not know, that we both own WitP:AE :D ). I´ll use this thread for asking questions about the game from time to time....

First question is: what means the message ".....is reported hit". The spotter sees a enemy ship, which has been hit before, or has the spotter hit the ship with some bombs?

Thanks a lot!
I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers.
William Tecumseh Sherman
Puhis

RE: Beginner needs help

Post by Puhis »

Spotter hit the ship, or at least claims a hit... Usually there's no real hits. FOW.
AbeSimpson

Post by AbeSimpson »

Ah, ok. Thanks for your help :)
I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers.
William Tecumseh Sherman
zzodr

Post by zzodr »

Errr... I thought it could mean both. I've had an unarmed recon on Naval Search report a ship as hit from a previous attack by other aircraft.
AbeSimpson

Post by AbeSimpson »

Thanks for the information. I got the messages from planes with bombs only, so I wasn´t sure. Most times the reported hits came from TFs without damage.
William Tecumseh Sherman

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”