How does combat work?

Armada 2526 continues the great tradition of space opera games. You guide your race from its first interstellar journeys, until it becomes a mighty galactic empire. Along the way, you'll explore the galaxy, conduct research, diplomacy and trade, found new colonies, maneuver mighty star fleets, and fight epic battles.

Moderator: MOD_Armada2526

pvthudson01

How does combat work?

Post by pvthudson01 »

I understand you cannot design your own ships that is fine

Is combat RTS in this game or turn based, do you have control over ships or is it just a video of what happened in the battle?

Trying to decide if I want to get this game or not

Also I have Galactice Civilizations II which game is better in your mind? From what I have played I have not liked a single aspect of GalCiv. I hate the planet management interface, I dont like the ship design and I cant stand the combat

Also can you invade planets in this game with troops? Thanks
Matrix Member since 2003!
Iceman

RE: How does combat work?

Post by Iceman »

Combat is RTS, and you do have some control over your ships.
This game is way better than GCII, there's really no comparison IMO. Supernova really made Armada shine.
And yes, there are troops and you can invade systems. Supernova added some troop types too.
Anguille

Post by Anguille »

Didn't enjoy GalCiv 2 much either (and i tried)...Armada 2526 with Supernova is just great.
martok

Post by martok »

Unlike the others, I actually really enjoyed GalCiv2. That being said, however, Armada 2526 is vastly superior, especially with the Supernova expansion (but even without it, it's still a better game).

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Return to “Armada 2526 Series”