Map: Puszta1

Please post here for questions and discussion about unit modeling and general game modding. You can also post your new units and modifications here.

Moderator: rickier65

sztartur2

RE: Map: Puszta1

Post by sztartur2 »

At least someone is playing my scenario [:)]
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Turn 20, 60 - 40. I hate those German you know whats.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

C'mon they aren't that many. Your Stalins should kick @ss.
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

After over 30 turns it was time to quit.

Spoiler
One KT remained, immobile in the middle. I lost a lot of tanks trying to take it out. Most remaining tanks were out of ammo. I could not manouver because the KT would just swing its turret and hit eveything that moved. It had many damage messages and just kept killing. Anything with a frontal shot could not penetrate. It was 61-51 when I quit.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Well I tried again advancing my last IS. Got it at 400m.

You have a lot of heavy woods without a break. Such as along the road on the left of the Soviet setup. Wheeled AFVs cannot cross heavy woods. My BAs on that side are stuck there.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

It took over 40 turns to get to a flag and flip the score. Final 62 to 38. I lost one T34 to 105 arty, my 122 took out a couple of 251s. That darn cat had 15 kills, 4 were infantry.

I wouldn't want to play this as Soviet vs a human.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: sztartur

I made some of the grass persistent on purpose. that is the wheat and sunflowers but their dispersion is much lower than the rest. Regarding winter wheat, not very common, but could happen that during the war not all fields could be harvested. I simply wanted to learn how to make wheat field :).

FOR MODDERS: PLEASE make me a corn3D.dds PLEASE!!!

I now found the color and tileset for the 44' fall Hungary set.

All in all MM is a bitch to learn and very user unfriendly but once you get used to and get to know each of the many pitfalls it offers and avoid falling into them, it can be very entertaining and rewarding.

I agree, Corn would be a nice addition to the vegetation types.

I like your map, but it is pretty CPU demanding. On my system I was getting down to 7-8 fps during the replay.

One suggestion for your map is that I would suggest changing the woods from Heavy to just Woods, or putting Woods terrain 'cutouts' so wheeled vehicles don't have the movement blocked.

Nice job on the getting your vegetation set up.

I only just played one turn so far.

Thanks for uploading this! I'm looking forward to your next one.

Rick
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

ORIGINAL: Rick
One suggestion for your map is that I would suggest changing the woods from Heavy to just Woods, or putting Woods terrain 'cutouts' so wheeled vehicles don't have the
I would make that suggestion too. There are strips of heavy woods terrain with a few sparce trees on them. Maybe putting the heavy woods in the middle of a woods area and having medium or light woods lining the roads.

I also found a structure that flipped on its side like a knocked over tree. So far I can't determine why.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

Gentlemen,

Let all your wishes become true like this one [:D].

Heavy woods changed to woods. I set up a dropbox account you find the link for the map in the first post.

PS: I have experienced the silo flip to the side once. I do not know why I ask for PCO guys help on this issue.

sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

I hope now you find my map to be perfect [;)].
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

PS: I have experienced the silo flip to the side once. I do not know why I ask for PCO guys help on this issue.
I've been trying to find the reason for this. All I know is that I had a halftrack come up to the side of it and run a little bit into the red terrain and it flipped like a knock over fence. The game is saved at this turn so I guess I can send it to the programmer.

When knock downs were added last year I wasn't keeping up to date to the new stuff added so I don't know what stuff in MM will do this.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Gentlemen,

Heavy woods changed to woods. I set up a dropbox account you find the link for the map in the first post.

This is probably due to the relative dimensions of the particular model. I tried a few things and found that if you set Has Height on this specific structure to True, it will keep it from being tipped over. This normally isn't needed for buildlings, but does seem to be a workaround for this particular case until a better solution is found.

You can use Map Scene Edit to edit this object property without having to redo the entire map.

Thanks
rick
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

I hope now you find my map to be perfect [;)].

Ahhhh, my dear Sztartur, you've mastered it! This map is gorgeous! Well done. It gives me the same feeling as I had when I first saw the demo map (situated in 1944). Those sunflowers look superb!

I salute you for your determination and gained skill. [&o]
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

And we definitely need some more camo models, especially for those boring grey 251s and StuG IIIs. They don't do justice to this great map. 
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Rick

Gentlemen,

This is probably due to the relative dimensions of the particular model. I tried a few things and found that if you set Has Height on this specific structure to True, it will keep it from being tipped over. This normally isn't needed for buildlings, but does seem to be a workaround for this particular case until a better solution is found.

You can use Map Scene Edit to edit this object property without having to redo the entire map.

Thanks
rick

Let me know if you have trouble seeing how to make this change. There is a section in the Map Maker Guide on Map Scene Edit, but I'm not sure if it's detailed enough to show how to change this property.

Thanks
rick
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

No trouble as I had to apply this to tracks and poles as well. I need to find the time for it. If anyone from Matrix wishes to do it to get it done faster you have my blessing.
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

Changes made as implied.
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

BTW I had to rebuild the whole thing as the impassable markings on the terrain map are deleted if you rebuild for scene-edit.
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

Some tiles changed and urban location vegetation enhanced a bit.
sevenpointsix2

Post by sevenpointsix2 »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

Here is a sample scenario for this map. Extract the file to your Data\Scenarios folder. It will be in the Set Battle menu as 10/44 puszta test. It is one rifle platoon for each side.

Note: For the above zips, you need to extract the files from the second zip into the folder from the first zip then place that folder in your Media folder.

Not sure what to do here. It appears that the "Scenario" folder uses "xml" files only. So, what xml do I need to copy there? Also, you stated "Note: For the above zips", as in plural, yet there is only one zip to be downloaded and unzipped. Bottom line, I'm dumber than a brick, could you help me out? - Thanks

Return to “Maps, Models and Mods”