1.04.10 Fulkerson vs KLilly

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

larryfulkerson

RE: 1.04.36 Fulkerson vs KLilly T6

Post by larryfulkerson »

I did some major pull-back in the Kiev area again. I'm expecting those Panzer tanks to shoot out at right angles soon. A big pocket is in the making I'm guessing.

Attachments
frontlinesbefore.gif
frontlinesbefore.gif (486.09 KiB) Viewed 436 times
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I pulled back to the east side of the nearest river to the east in the deep south.
Railing in some people to fill in the front line helped this process here. I'm hoping to be able to form a line that can stand some shocks.

Attachments
frontlinesbefore.gif
frontlinesbefore.gif (448.51 KiB) Viewed 436 times
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I railed some more industry out of Odessa.........that empties it. Pulling back to the river down in the deep south exposed Odessa but with the industry gone I've got no good reason to defend it anymore.

Attachments
zairlosses.gif
zairlosses.gif (47.64 KiB) Viewed 436 times
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

There isn't any need for all those troops in the South, especially facing the Axis Allies and Axis infantr.

Get a line of troops behind the Ros river, that should at least stop him from busting south from Kiev.

Have you done a Pz count?

Do you know where all his Pz and Mot divisions are?

If you do, then concentrate around them
Panama

Post by Panama »

ORIGINAL: Encircled

This is just wrong. Too much info.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: Encircled
This brings up a good point.......savy Soviet players WILL know where they are in the early turns of the game. It's important to glom onto these guys to slow them down and eat up their movement points so they can't reap havoc in the execution of their turn. And yes, I do keep track of where they are. I try to do a good checkerboard in their AO so their moves aren't so frightful.
larryfulkerson

RE: 1.04.36 Fulkerson vs KLilly T7

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the front lines before I've moved anybody. There's a disaster happening in the Northwest Front. The Axis forces have routed so
many of the troops in that AO that they have a straight path through my front lines and there's not a whole lot I can do about it. I'm
planning on evacuating the Industry out of Leningrad and not worry so much about Leningrad since I can't seem to defend it properly. I
think I need to concentrate on Moscow as the more important target. Kevin's Panzers in the Kiev area are still just loitering and not
doing much yet.

Attachments
frontlinesbefore.gif
frontlinesbefore.gif (1.42 MiB) Viewed 436 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the OOB, losses, and production:

Attachments
zair losses.gif
zair losses.gif (606.7 KiB) Viewed 436 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's what needs to be evacuated from Leningrad yet. I'm thinking of moving the KV-1 stuff first and then the BA-10 stuff, and then the T-50 stuff.

Attachments
zairlosses.gif
zairlosses.gif (42.92 KiB) Viewed 436 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I gave Lagg-3's to all the I-153's that had a lot of experience. I decided to wait a bit before converting all the I-16's of various types to Lagg-3's since there's not really all that much difference between I-16's and Lagg-3's.

Attachments
zairlosses.gif
zairlosses.gif (208.52 KiB) Viewed 436 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I decided to outsource the KV-1 factories to somewhere else because that would leave me about 1/2 the rail cap. for moving troops around and I need to do that too this turn.

Attachments
zairlosses.gif
zairlosses.gif (57.91 KiB) Viewed 436 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

This is the Riga area just after my Soviet moves. He's advancing too fast........I can't rail guys up here fast enough to form a front line.
I am going to have to pull back soon, the pressure is too high to try to stay this far south......my line is streatched too far to be effective.

Attachments
zairlosses.gif
zairlosses.gif (471.37 KiB) Viewed 436 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Kevin's attack in the V.L. area is stretching my lines appart. I can't enclose everything with the people I have at my disposal. This is a breakthrough area for Kevin.

Attachments
zairlosses.gif
zairlosses.gif (494.71 KiB) Viewed 436 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's an animation showing the very heavy pressure in the Smolensk / Gomel area

Attachments
zairlosses.gif
zairlosses.gif (968.66 KiB) Viewed 436 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Kevin is using the Panzers to brute-force a crossing at Kiev. My guys are so weak in that area that it's just a matter of time before he's
across the river into Panzer country and I can just see the disaster that awaits me then. This is another breakthrough happening early in
the game. It's only July 1941 too.

Attachments
zairlosses.gif
zairlosses.gif (466.87 KiB) Viewed 436 times
larryfulkerson

RE: 1.04.36 Fulkerson vs KLilly T5

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: Pelton
Larry you should be using atleast 70% of your rail to move factorys. You will get the divisions back, but you will never replace lost production, never.
That sounds about right to me. I'd like to get some troops to the front lines but Industry sounds like it should have a priority too.
Leningrad is really not worth the trooops, simply rail out production and then slowly withdraw from the north.
I've already decided that I can't defend the city all that well this game and Leningrad is all but abandonded now.
Rail, Leningrad, Z-Town,D-town, Kharkov then Stalino. This should keep him under 80 arm pts.
Thanks for the tip. I'll do it.
Your #1 defence should be Moscow then south.
I agree. There's a boat-load of industry in Moscow and there's just no way to rail all of it out of Moscow in time.
Your 41 tactics are generally ok, but you need to improve on your summer 42 tactics.
Thanks for the kind words. I'm hoping to get some practice in this game but it's looking like Kevin is doing his level best to destroy all the Soviet forces this time.
Good Luck with the new game, might want to start a new AAR.
good idea.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

As per Pelton's idea about starting a new AAR because it's a new game now let's transfer all our threads to "1.04.36 KLilly vs Fulkerson T7" which you can find
here ( new AAR ) so click here to go there. Click Me.
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

You have issues, but nothing that can't be managed. Yes, you need to shift a portion of those troops northwest of Riga. No need for a frantic withdrawal, just pull back behing that Emajogi River and use the terrain, positioning units in the swamps, woods, etc. Run your line, basically east-west to the Valdai Hills, it doesn't have to be a big carpet. Move that green army of the Moscow MD to positions where you can slow his advance east. You cut his supply lines, so good work there. Send a reserve army if you have one to back up that Moscow MD army. And the terrain is very defendable. He might try to cut sharply north and cut off a huge # of troops so be thinking about that.

In the center, transfer troops there from Southern and Southwest Fronts if you have to, You're not under great pressure there and nothing of strategic value. I'd try and double up on the eastern bank of the Dnepr near Kiev, use the Z-key to help keep the combat values consistent and put another line or two behind that.

Have you loaded up those front line armies particulary in the center with RR construction brigades to build forts faster?

Return to “After Action Reports”