Forcing the Shakturi to appear?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

shinobu

Forcing the Shakturi to appear?

Post by shinobu »

Playing a game currently in year 2829 (so 75 game years or so since the game began). All star nations well developed, research set on "very slow", but I am openly "sharing" all my research (at a price) with all empires. I'm now researching Level 7 technologies, so soon the tech tree will be fully researched. NO SHAKTURI YET. My question is: any way to force their arrival? I keep scanning the galactic map for "pings" and such, but nothing yet. (The map, BTW, has long ago been fully explored...)
Igard

RE: Forcing the Shakturi to appear?

Post by Igard »

Not that I know of shinobu. This was an old bug that got me on my first RotS game. I went all the way into the 30th century before I gave up. But that bug should've been crushed. I think they put some sort of time limit in there. So if you reach a certain year and you've got a certain tech, then the Shakturi will appear. Perhaps empire size plays a part as well.

Trading in tech can really speed up the tech tree, so perhaps keep playing for another 10-15 years and see what happens. It could just be that you've matured as an empire too fast.
shinobu

Post by shinobu »

The irony of all this is that I purchased Return of the Shakturi when it came out, have enjoyed playing the game with the added features, etc., but in the games I've played, I've never actually encountered the Shakturi...
Igard

Post by Igard »

It could just be your style of play, in which case, something should probably be done about it.

Once you hit about 2850, you should upload a save game and report it on the tech support forum.
Data

Post by Data »

Yap, there are lots of us complaining about this so the conditions required for the shakturi to appear must be rather restrictive...and we don't know them for sure. If the storyline requires it to be so it's fine but it should be easier for us to find what to do to determine them to show up.
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

There are several triggers for them to show up, I know a few, but sometimes I struggle to see them too.

I'm currently in a normal speed research 22 Empire, 1400 game and it's past 2800 and I'm reaching the top of most tech. trees and still no sign of them. I think in this case they are a little late but I'm still going to have to keep playing to see how it pans out.
Right now I've got rid of most of the Shakturi friends and the few that exist are subjucated (I don't aim to game it this way, it's just those are the Empires that get frisky with me and I deal with it). I think if they had come a bit earlier when the Boskura and Gizureans were actually a threat I would have been worried, right now I couldn't be much more ready for them.
Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet »

I'm assuming you have at least met the Guardians haven't you?

Have you listened to their messages?

Are your Explorers set to "auto-investigate"?

Aside from the three qualifying triggers, there is a ruin trigger as well.

CPU: Intel 2700K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GTX 970
Res: 1920 x 1200

Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

ORIGINAL: Spacecadet
Are your Explorers set to "auto-investigate"?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that suffers from late game napping explorers. And also explorers that don't feel the need to investigate about 10% of the ruins they come across.
Aside from the three qualifying triggers, there is a ruin trigger as well.

With late game sleeping explorers this trigger isn't often set off by me, and I can only guess the AI has the same explorer issue.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”