Alternative "PG" like Campaign

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

strykerpsg

RE: Alternative "PG" like Campaign

Post by strykerpsg »

Dragoon,

Thanks for adding files in the zip file as you did, made the save much easier for a computer challenged person like myself. When I select new game, should there be a new campaign splash or do I just play the long campaign 39-45? I was of the impression that the modded file would have its own selector. Anyway, looking forward to trying it out.

Matt
Dragoon.

Post by Dragoon. »

Hey Matt,

Locarnus great mod replaces the long campaign, so it's important to preserve the original file (included in the zipfile) if you ever want go back.
BTW, you don't have necessarily start a new game. If you got an earlier save, say no later than France you can pick up there without missing anything. Except you had only a marginal victory in Poland which resulted in skipping Norway.

Locarnus

Post by Locarnus »

With small modifiction, you can jump in from any point.
You just have to go to the original campaign file and find out where you are.

eg you won a decisive victory in Low Countries (LC) and are now in France. Then in the orignal campaign you are now in the line starting with "FranceD".
Then open the modded campaign file and copy the line "France" so it exists twice. Change the Label of one of the 2 lines from "France" to "FranceD". Now you do not have to restart France or refinish the Low Countries to get to the modded campaign path.

This is how the campaign file works, so essentially you can jump in from anywhere.
Locarnus

Post by Locarnus »

new version 0.33
typo corrected, which prevented you from going to bagration.

Also I m at stalingrad now (just finished sealion42 - General, all decisive), and I feel like I m having way too much prestige (over 9000...)
In the beginning it was rather tight, but now I seem to swim in it, I dont have to think about how to invest it, which takes out some fun...

Can others please post their prestige levels with their difficulty levels, their force compositions and so on for some scenarios?
I d like to balance it so that you dont swim in prestige and really have to think about what to buy.

GSlapshot

Post by GSlapshot »

Locarnus;
I suggest you upload a zip file with the new file, original file and the campaign map. This text file is very tricky for some users since file associations and browsers treat text files very differently which this is not. Have you download your text file? Just a suggestions from an IT Professional who has to work with newbees.
el_cid17

Post by el_cid17 »

I have played through your campaign but could not get to Begration even with your updated campaign.pzdat v0.33. Here is what I did:

From Kursk decisive to Moscow 43. I wanted to get to Begration so Loss but it took me to Italy M (???) because after Gustav Line and loosing at Overlord it took me to Ardennes and Germany-West, Berlin! No Begration and Balaton again.
Locarnus

Post by Locarnus »

@el_cid17:
Thanks for the feedback, that is indeed another bug.
I just uploaded the new campaign file v0.34. It should have taken you to Italy instead of ItalyM if you lost Moscow.

What is your latest savegame up to Overlord? The later the better, because if you have a savegame anywhere during Overlord, I could just modify a special campaign file for you, so that you can jump from your Overlord (M) to Bagration and follow the campaign path normally from there on, without replaying until Overlord.

edit: I added such a special campaign path for an Overlord(M) savegame to the attachments of this post, essentially treating OverlordM as if it is Overlord. If you only have an earlier savegame, please contact me.
Thanks again for the bugreport.

@GSlapshot & Dragoon:
Finally in zip archive. Thanks for the suggestion and for the zip and zip-architecture.

This attached special campaign file is only for people who need OverlordM treated as Overlord to make up for the bug, the normal v0.34 campaign is in the first or second post!
Attachments
campaign.p..dspecial.txt
(13.65 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Dragoon.

Post by Dragoon. »

Thanks for the update!
el_cid17

Post by el_cid17 »

@ Locarnus:

Thank you very much. I have already finished this campaign. Couldn't resist to save my hometown Berlin! Was too easy. The Americans couldn't cross the "Rhein". [:D]
Next time I will give your updated file a go. Thanks for your long campaign.
I love it!
Stonewall1971

Post by Stonewall1971 »

Hi all,

first I will say taht this MOD will be very good thanks for this but i played it and after the victory in Greece normally you get the order to take Crete...so I get the order but it didn´t start ??? Where is the problem ??

Many thanks
Gerd
Dragoon.

Post by Dragoon. »

ORIGINAL: Stonewall1971

Hi all,

first I will say taht this MOD will be very good thanks for this but i played it and after the victory in Greece normally you get the order to take Crete...so I get the order but it didn´t start ??? Where is the problem ??

Many thanks
Gerd
I didn't really understand you. I assume you won Greece and thought you would go to Crete next? Is that right?
In that case you have mistaken Panzer Corps with Panzer General. Crete was in PG, there is no Crete in PC. [;)]
Stonewall1971

Post by Stonewall1971 »

Hi Dragoon,

yes that´s what i mean. Why did i get then after the Greece szenario the point that i should take Crete...yes i know taht was in the good old PG but why ?? I take only this MOD no other...

I will take the small island....and put the Tommys back to Alexandria...;-)

So is ther a chance for play on Crete ??
Locarnus

Post by Locarnus »

I m still a bit confused.
Where did you get the information that you should take Crete?
PG or PC?
If in PC: Where exactly (decisive victory debriefing or where?)
If in PG: I dont understand the "why??" question, please elaborate.

Anyway as Dragoon already said, there is no Crete scenario in PC and all that this mod does, is to change the campaign path.
It does not add scenarios to the vanilla game.
Stonewall1971

Post by Stonewall1971 »

Hello all,

i found my "mistake" i take the maps from Mannocks Maps and there will be a Crete....so i have "my" good Old PG ;-))) Test it´s wonderfol ...
jaggy

Post by jaggy »

Hi, Locarnus. Is it possible to upload the Campaign Path as a word/excel attachment? I would like to print it out and I think it will be a lot clearer than from a jpg. Thanks in advance.
jaggy

Post by jaggy »

Hi, Locarnus. Is it possible to upload the Campaign Path as a word/excel attachment? I would like to print it out and I think it will be a lot clearer than from a jpg. Thanks in advance.
Locarnus

Post by Locarnus »

Sure,

i put the excel in the zip attached to this post.

If someone wants to use the design for other campaigns, feel free to do so (just mention that its based on my design).

Attachments
panzercorp..ignv032.zip
(13.84 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
jaggy

Post by jaggy »

Thanks, Locarnus. [:)]
yiplong

Post by yiplong »

This MOD is awesome. I know creating new scenario is probly not on the agenda right now, but I think there should be a Sea Lion 44 scenario between a decisive win in Overlord and US East Coast. If you fail in taking Britain, then result is peace, if you knock out Britain, then proceed to invasion of US. [:)]
Jumping directly from Normandy to US seems a little odd.

Mannock's map pack adds some crucial battles missing from the original PC campaign tree. It would be ideal if both mods can be combined. [;)] This is just my suggestion, it would be up to the mod creators to decide if its desirable.
Cainor

Post by Cainor »

GREAT WORK Locarnus.

I totally agree with the addition of the addition of at least 6-7 new maps (*taken from the community with credits) and preferably starting from Spain, more Africa and Balkans, etc. Also please let me know if you require help with text edits and message polishing as well as any game design specific optimizations and some QA (*if you add more scenarios, you need to drop the prestige obtained in the new ones - otherwise the prestige settings for the final normal vanilla maps will be unbalanced overall. One second solution would be to calculate the extra prestige obtained by new maps and just add the units to the enemy to counter-value that). As soon as I finish the vanilla - I should be able to start helping you. It is better for more to work on one mod than to have too many that don't port well into each other.

Best Regards,
Cain

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”