OT: Possible Japanese Remains at PH

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

CaptDave

OT: Possible Japanese Remains at PH

Post by CaptDave »

Just saw this tonight, and it's new to me (even though they dug it up in April). Crews dredging in Pearl Harbor found a skull that is more likely than not Japanese (they're not sure, yet).

Yahoo! News Article
morganbj

RE: OT: Possible Japanese Remains at PH

Post by morganbj »

Looks like Jethro Gibbs will be on the case soon.
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

Saw that...
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Dez caught it
Insano

Post by Insano »

you can't tell from the article but it seems there were no aircraft remains only this skull that was found, oh and a Coke bottle and some other unrelated items. Modern journalism, sigh.
afspret

Post by afspret »

Well, if it ain't from a Japanese aircrew member, or related to the attack in any other way, then I'd think they'd have a possible homicide that would need lookin' into.
John E. McCallum
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

Most interesting to me remains the fact after 5 games against the AI, I have only been able to confirm 9 kills (max) from the LYBs. Daggnabit!
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Wait a minute. How on Earth do they know it is a Japanese cranium? I'm not sure I buy the "not Native Hawaiian" thingy either. Somebody has been watchign too much CSI Honolulu.

The items found with the skull, which was determined not to be from a Native Hawaiian, provided some clues: forks, scraps of metal and a Coca-Cola bottle Fong said researchers have determined was from the 1940s.

Huh? Maybe he crashed into the water on his torpedo run when he was trying to open the Coke bottle with his buck teeth?[8|]
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

No, he was using one of the forks.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

I wonder where they found the fork? Blunt side impaled into the frontal sinuses of the skull? If so, that's because he was trying to open the Coke bottle with the fork whilest on his torpedo run, crashed and did himself in with the fork.

Score one for Coke! Hip-hip-hooray! Hip-hip-hooray! (lamest cheer ever-perhaps the Coke marketing folks can take a look at the one in the game and 'freshen it up a bit').
ilovestrategy

Post by ilovestrategy »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

I wonder where they found the fork? Blunt side impaled into the frontal sinuses of the skull? If so, that's because he was trying to open the Coke bottle with the fork whilest on his torpedo run, crashed and did himself in with the fork.

Score one for Coke! Hip-hip-hooray! Hip-hip-hooray! (lamest cheer ever-perhaps the Coke marketing folks can take a look at the one in the game and 'freshen it up a bit').

Chickenboy never ceases to crack me up! [:D]
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Fork-faced Devil! [:D]

When they find an 8 cm femur we will discover it was the most eastward extent of the range of Flores Man.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”