Diverse Worlds v19 - Shandar

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Data

RE: Diverse Worlds v19 - Shandar

Post by Data »

Expert in any field is one who makes all possible mistakes.....we're all on this road [:)]
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
drillerman

Post by drillerman »

Data,
Don't know what you're talking about, I've never made a mistake in my life!
Huh?
Data

Post by Data »

Don't jinx yourself [:)]
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
WoodMan

Post by WoodMan »

Hey all!

Sorry for the long absence.  Thank you to all those who posted kind comments while I was not around [:)]

I know I stopped working for a while, but I have not forgotten about DW and am really looking forward to the next expansion.  My gaming time has been taken up a bit by RPGs at the moment, every now and then I get really into them.  I'm not working on the mod at the moment, but I do of course plan to come back to playing and modding DW in the future.

Have fun!
"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
Data

Post by Data »

My gaming time has been taken up a bit by RPGs at the moment

i know the feeling, u have fun as well
Igard

Post by Igard »

Yip. Good to hear from you, mate.

Enjoy yourself, and come back to it when you feel the mod bug bite. And it will, for you and me both, I think.[;)]
J HG T

Post by J HG T »

Nice to hear from ya, Woodman! Hopefully you get your mod finished when the new expansion becomes more topical.

And I know the feeling about good RPGs.
Damn, how I've lost time to Fallout 1, 3 and New Vegas, Oblivion, Space Rangers 2 and Disgaea 1&2 PSP versions (amount of levelling in those games is absolutely insane!). Just to name few time-eaters. And there's stuff like Skyrim, new Deus Ex and Mass Effect 3 coming! *Shivers*
AND I went and bough Armada 2526: Supernova and started playing it. Very enjoyable game TBH. Hardcore gamers have never enough spare time!

Anyways, good to hear you're still around Woodman!
Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
Igard

Post by Igard »

Oh, no, don't remind me! Skyrim is coming out around November! I have to get as much done before then! ARHGGGHH!
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: WoodMan

Hey all!

Sorry for the long absence.  Thank you to all those who posted kind comments while I was not around [:)]

Glad to hear from you Woodman...thought those darn Centauri had you! [:D]
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
WoodMan

Post by WoodMan »

Back at it again, sort of. Just having some fun. The Atuuk still confound me [:D] But I have been having a go at Ancient Guardian ships. I'm using the planet destroyer to make them. I decided against the ring idea from earlier in the thread because it got a bit repatative but I think the World Destroyer has an ancient look about it too [:)]

Attachments
AncientGua..sExample.jpg
AncientGua..sExample.jpg (69.63 KiB) Viewed 68 times
"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
J HG T

Post by J HG T »

Looking great to me!
WoodMan

Post by WoodMan »

Thanks J!

Sorry I'm being lazy and imbedding pics so one per post [:D]

In-game version:

Attachments
AncientGua..Example2.jpg
AncientGua..Example2.jpg (42.94 KiB) Viewed 68 times
Igard

Post by Igard »

Looks great. Very ancienty.[:)]

I think the original Ancient Guardian ships were a bit too 'clean' looking. I can imagine them keeping these ships stored somewhere, like underground. Where they get all rusted and dirty.
Data

Post by Data »

heeey, WoodMan back at it.....even lazy level is more than adequate. Cheers.
Also, I have to research this Skyrim.....my taste buds are active again.
J HG T

Post by J HG T »

NO! DON'T DATA! SAVE YOURSELF! If the Skyrims ought to be similar time eater as Oblivion you are in some very deep s**t with your free time!
I literally had to stop playing Oblivion some years ago, when I was still studying, 'cause it took ALL of my free time. My vampire assassin Khajiit was very dear character for me, I will always remember him fondly.
5-6 hour maratons weren't nothing in my books back then. Fallout 3 & New Vegas did the same but luckily in lesser extent.

*shivers* What the heck I'm going to do when the Skyrim hits? Tell my relatives and friends not to call me for about a month? Or just to try to play it in small rounds, which will be very difficult.

On-topic:

I find it bit odd for an ancient machine-race to have rusty ships. Sure they are ancient, but wouldn't they have some advanced nano- or even femto-technology to keep their ships in perfect condition all the time.
Just my two credits, as Woodman does the ships, not me.
Data

Post by Data »

Just checked a bit and now I'm studying through the entire Elder Scrolls series....yap, never played a single one of them. If some of you feel the need to kick me for this please avoid the head (both of them, I mean).
And I do also know that issue, J, it can't happen to me....as I have other time eaters lined up [:D]
Igard

Post by Igard »

ORIGINAL: J HG T

I find it bit odd for an ancient machine-race to have rusty ships. Sure they are ancient, but wouldn't they have some advanced nano- or even femto-technology to keep their ships in perfect condition all the time.
Just my two credits, as Woodman does the ships, not me.

Yip, but only the inside parts and mechanisms that need to be kept spick and span. The outer hull isn't as important as long as it's still tough. They're mechanoids after all, they don't care about 'bling'.[;)]

Mr. Data, heed J's words. The Elder Scrolls are a perilous thing to open. Especially considering you have a drink problem as well. [:'(]

I also had many a marathon gaming session with Oblivion. My high elf was adorned with all the latest modded armour, completed many of the modded quests, had severel homes around Cyrodiil. I'd clocked around 200 hours with him, when my HD went bye-bye. It was a dark time. Yes a dark time indeed.
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

The ancient machine-race did not go to sleep so I also do not see why the ships would be rusty.The Helpernoids would clean that shit up.
Data

Post by Data »

So both you and J spent a huuge amount of time with it.....that settles it for me, I'll go ahead with the warning in my head. I expect the warning will not work...joy
Igard

Post by Igard »

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

The ancient machine-race did not go to sleep so I also do not see why the ships would be rusty.The Helpernoids would clean that shit up.

Maybe after the Shakturi left and all the galaxy was sent back to the ice-age, they put their ships away somewhere. Yeah, I know it doesn't make sense to keep them in a planetary atmos, but maybe they hid them in a nebula where their outer hulls corroded after... ah, hell. I just want a race with rusty ol' ships! OK? [:D]

Return to “Design and Modding”