Price?

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Erik Rutins

RE: Price?

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi BASB,

I respect that it's a matter of principle, but you might consider if this the right place and time for that stand.

The old store did not allow us to update our exchange rates daily, which means the pricing was often much farther off, sometimes to the customer's advantage, but often not. We would update prices quarterly on the old store. Also, the old store had more expensive shipping options to Australia. The net result is that in the last year, we've significantly reduced the average cost of our games for customers in Australia, relative to customers in the US, so by telling us that you are now going to boycott us, you're effectively throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

The actual exchange fee is not under our control. Now that we're aware this is an issue, we'll push the store to reduce it, but we can't guarantee any changes. They are our e-commerce partner and a better one than Digital River, but they are not the same company as Matrix Games.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
33Vyper

Post by 33Vyper »

As the person who started the thread I want to make it very clear that I am a very happy Matrix customer. I just found the pricing odd.

That being said Erik has gone out of his way (as Matrix always does) to review and explain the discrepancies and I am satisfied with the answer provided.

I like everyone tries to make sure they get the biggest bang for their buck....and I have never once been disappointed with Matrix, and I picked up a Slitherine game a while back as well and was very happy.

I have read nothing but excellent reviews and comments so far and I will be picking this title up.

As for the pricing issue....I would make one suggestion...change your pricing to USD only...and let the customer pay in USD the we can source out the best exchange.

Thank you Erik...you can lock this thread up if you want I think you guys have more than explained how this works and I thank you!

Cheers

~John~
parusski

Post by parusski »

WOW. I really have no idea "EXACTLY" how much I paid. I've been too busy enjoying the game.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
dorjun driver

Post by dorjun driver »

x - ARPAnaut
x - ACM
x - AES
Current - Bum

The paths of glory may lead you to the grave, but the paths of duty may not get you anywhere.
JT

Return to “Panzer Corps”