Why not Namsos?

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

ijontichy

Why not Namsos?

Post by ijontichy »

Why don't we have to capture Namsos in the Norway scenario? Historical or game play reasons?
Rudankort

RE: Why not Namsos?

Post by Rudankort »

ORIGINAL: ijontichy

Why don't we have to capture Namsos in the Norway scenario? Historical or game play reasons?

You need it for decisive, but not for marginal. It was our attempt to make victory conditions a bit more varied. :) Also Norway is pretty early in the campaign, and we did not want the players to be put off by a loss. So, marginal victory is somewhat easier to grab, but for decisive you need to take all, and do that fast too.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Namsos was a medium important location in this scenario.
What I really can't understand is the decision to leave out Narvik...
The iron ore was the main reason for the German invasion.

I have done a very detailed version of the Norwegian campaign for TOAW (operational art of war).
I would like to do a simplified version for Panzer Corps after I have decided on the unit scale.

Erik
Rudankort

Post by Rudankort »

Hi Erik! We did consider Narvik of course, but the problem was, including it would require to make a huge map (~2 times bigger than what we have now). We did not want to make this map huge because it appears so early in the campaign. But of course, a custom scenario showing Norway campaign in full would be great.

Return to “Panzer Corps”