Price?

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

33Vyper

Price?

Post by 33Vyper »

Hello,

Here I was all excited to come and buy this today and I noted that the Canadian $ price is more expensive than the US Dollar price.

Since the Canadian Dollar is worth more....why would it cost me more to buy from Canada than the US? I thought perhaps my exchange rate might be in error so I went to the Bank of Canada website and check for the last few months and it has not been below the US dollar in months and months. I realize its only a few pennies more but your price is 2$ more...and it should at the very least be the same price.

So my question is quite simple....why do I have to pay more? As someone who has purchased Matrix games over the years and been quite satisfied with both the products and the service...I know that these games are worth every penny. WITP was the best 100$ I ever spent [&o] . But my canuck buck is worth a few sheckles more..

goodwoodrw

RE: Price?

Post by goodwoodrw »

Sometimes principle is important, most of my gaming life I have been paying a steep price for computer games due to the exchange rate, the Australian dollars is now, and for the past few months at its best rate. Still Matrix is charging us Downunders parity, as 33Vyper suggests it is only a few bucks, on the other hand when the Oz buck was a few % the other side of parity we downunder people had to pay those few extra bucks then. Come on Matrix fair is fair, other distributors are using the right rate why aren't you.

A PG fan from its inception and I would like to purchase this game, but on principle I won't. The 20 other Matrix games I have bought were charged at the going rate why not this one?
Ron Watterson
Formerly Goodwood

IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

It is purely a currency conversion so there must be a misunderstanding somewhere. We do not set the price for Canada - its the $ price converted.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

OZ not Canada, the store clearly states 39.96 Aus dollars the same as the US store.
Formerly Goodwood

IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

The original poster was talking $CAN, but the logic is the same. Its a currency conversion. We do not specify the price is $AUS either. If you really think its wrong we can take it up with Plimus.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

This is pretty clear to me in this screen shot $AUD39.95

Attachments
pc2.jpg
pc2.jpg (103.93 KiB) Viewed 203 times
Formerly Goodwood

PirateJock

Post by PirateJock »

At the current exchange rate ...

39.99 USD = 37.7410 AUD
39.99 USD = 38.8738 CAD

Cheers
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
jomni

Post by jomni »

When I purchsed my game in SGD via Paypal.
The USD equivalent worked out by Paypal ($40.53) is also more than the quoted USD price.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

We'll have a look.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
mbar

Post by mbar »

It's humorous when I sometimes see the store prices in, I think, rubbles?  RUB
Hey! I'm not paying 1203.99 for Across the Dnepr. I don't care how good it is. [:D]

Attachments
dnepr.jpg
dnepr.jpg (59.64 KiB) Viewed 203 times
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

There's a direct currency conversion, which is done based on daily conversion rates and cached on our store server. The intention is to have a direct conversion. The price on the page in the screenshot is the cached price. Once you hit the button to actually purchase, the uncached price should show up in the cart. What does that look like to those of you seeing either the wrong currency or a conversion that's off by a small amount?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

There's a direct currency conversion, which is done based on daily conversion rates and cached on our store server. The intention is to have a direct conversion. The price on the page in the screenshot is the cached price. Once you hit the button to actually purchase, the uncached price should show up in the cart. What does that look like to those of you seeing either the wrong currency or a conversion that's off by a small amount?

Regards,

- Erik

Well Erik the organisation handling your business transaction must have different a calculator than me, because the price is actually higher than the US price. This may sound a little trivial, but I find it highly offensive, and not likely to buy this product on principle.
ron watterson
Formerly Goodwood

Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi BASB,
ORIGINAL: BASB
Well Erik the organisation handling your business transaction must have different a calculator than me, because the price is actually higher than the US price. This may sound a little trivial, but I find it highly offensive, and not likely to buy this product on principle.

Can you please tell me if the price remains higher once you add the game to your cart? That would be very valuable to know. I can't test the Australian price here as I can't see it without an Australian IP address.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi BASB,
ORIGINAL: BASB

Can you please tell me if the price remains higher once you add the game to your cart? That would be very valuable to know. I can't test the Australian price here as I can't see it without an Australian IP address.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik, here is a screen shot of the confirmation screen
Ron

Attachments
store.jpg
store.jpg (86.25 KiB) Viewed 208 times
Formerly Goodwood

jomni

Post by jomni »

There's really a problem here.  Is Plimus "padding" the price just because of currency enchange rate conversion?
When I buy (though PayPal) I am still charged USD but it is higher than $39.99 since it converted from the inflated SGD.
JP Falcon the 2nd

Post by JP Falcon the 2nd »

ORIGINAL: jomni

When I purchsed my game in SGD via Paypal.
The USD equivalent worked out by Paypal ($40.53) is also more than the quoted USD price.

Since Paypal is owned by EBAY, I'm not surprised by this.....
A Rebirth Due to lost Password and deleted email addy!
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

I've mentioned this some time ago (in terms of the rising value of the AUD) but got howled down as a whiner from downunder (not by Matrix staff though).

Although not intended, it *is* offensive to discover you're paying a premium for an online transaction when by a direct currency comparison you shouln't be, even if it's only a couple of dollars.

Cheers chris

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Chris,
I'm glad u see my point, the couple dollars don't roll the other way when its on the other side, sort of like having your cake twice, not good PR. I think I got burnt with ATG I didn't whinge then, but is twice is to much. I want this game, but not buying until the pricing is fixed, call me dumb, but you're sit on principle some where
Ron
Formerly Goodwood

PirateJock

Post by PirateJock »

Have you had a look at the price at Slitherine? They are linked to Matrix but it was £3 cheaper. That was down to the exchange rate factor as I'm in the UK, may help you in Oz ... may not ... who knows [;)]

Cheers
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

The Slitherine pricing is slightly different - the site is not fully integrated with Plimus so cannot do the currency conversions and we have to specify prices in the 3 major currencies. We are investigating with Plimus why the prices mentioned here do not match up with what we would expect.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Return to “Panzer Corps”