Pandering to my greed!!!

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

jjoshua

Pandering to my greed!!!

Post by jjoshua »

I have never played this series before, and have so far truly enjoyed this wargame to the maximum. I have only played the tutorials save the last one, which I intend to play this evening. I also realize that the turtorials is no way to measure my skills. But I can say for sure after playing the tutorials, my desire to spend the prestige points like they were candy runs rampant.

To look at all those wonderful prestige points staring at me, and all those monster tanks beckoning me to buy them...To splurge and splurge again!!!

Nothing more frustrating than reaching the end of the scenerio, victory within my grasp; and realizing to my horror that I have run out of prestige, or even worse, having just one prestige point in my box to torment me in my agony and despair....to watch my mechanized drive slowly bleed out, and my drive to victory ground to a complete halt.

Now I know how that German Major felt in the movie 'Battle of the Bulge' in the final scenes, clamoring for those last few meager yards... short of fuel, and supply, and victory at hand, only to be denied by his own greed.

I truly must learn to govern my greed in this game I see...but it is oh so fun to see those mechanized beasties beckon to me.

Love the game, thank u for the wonderful times I will have now and in the future, long to come.

: < )

Rudankort

RE: Pandering to my greed!!!

Post by Rudankort »

Thanks for feedback.

Hint: If you don't want to save every single point of prestige, but just have fun rolling those fancy german tanks around (they do have a lot of cool equipment), you can play on Lieutenant level where you have much more prestige, or just use cheat codes to add some prestige to your reserves.
jjoshua

Post by jjoshua »

Like I had said before, never played this series before, and just familiarizing myself with the Tutorial, I can see myself becoming way, way to indulgent from the start.

When I first started playing, I wasn't sure about the strategy involved, but I am now into the actual scenerios, and having alot of respect for maintaining a discipline of non-splurge mode!

It is humbling to think one's drive is kicking butt, and then to see myself scrambling in desperation for some quick prestige points to survive the push. Truly a challenge for me.

Look forward to alot of playtime with this game...a great bit of fun and strategy for me.

One other thing I can say...I was so very pleased to see that the manual was not the size of a New York phone book. When I was waiting for the game to come out, all I could say to myself was, "Oh My God!!! another ream of paper, and new ink cartrigdes to buy!!!"

I wish that the next set of games coming out, has the same kind of tutorials you put with this game....thank you again.

: < )
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

I'm sorry, cheat codes?
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Josh

Post by Josh »

Uh yeah there's a list of cheatcodes somewhere on the forum.

Return to “Panzer Corps”