New WitE Public Beta v1.04.36 Available!

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Andrew Loveridge

New WitE Public Beta v1.04.36 Available!

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Hi All,

We have a revised Update available in the Members Club. This only has a couple changes, that fix a bug with Air Groups, and another related to Forts in Swamps. Please give it a try, and let us know if you find any issues with it. Hopefully, this truly will be the final Beta version before making this update official next week. Thank you for your help in improving Gary Grigsby's War in the East.

V1.04.36 – July 6, 2011
    Bug Fixes[/b][ul] 1) Fixed a bug causing low morale/low experience air groups to potentially fly more aircraft in a mission instead of having high morale/high experience air groups have that chance. 2) Fixed a bug where fort levels in swamp hexes were getting higher than 3.
[/ul]
1.04.34 Changes
1.04.30 Changes
1.04.28 Changes
1.04.24 Changes
1.04.22 Changes
1.04.16 Changes
1.04.15 Changes
1.04.14 Changes
1.04.10 Changes
Empire101

RE: New WitE Public Beta v1.04.36 Available!

Post by Empire101 »

Thanks for your continued support and hard work [:)]
[font="Tahoma"]Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
[/font] - Michael Burleigh

Empire101

Post by Empire101 »

Any news on the patch becoming official?

No pressure [:D]
[font="Tahoma"]Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
[/font] - Michael Burleigh

Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

At the moment there is no reason I know of that would keep it from becoming official within the next few days/week. However, Matrix has not yet set a date for release.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
cpt flam

Post by cpt flam »

effectively now in summer 41 not much soviet flying
better answer i think
tancred41

Post by tancred41 »

I have a rather fiddly question ... I'm one of these old dudes who prefers to do his reading on paper as opposed to a screen as soon as we're talking about oh, say more than 5 pages. The WiTe manual more than qualifies for paper by that rule for me, so I was wondering : does anyone know which specific pages were updated ?? Especially in terms of the printable PDF version as opposed to the eBook ... I'd like to have the most current rules printed out, without having to toss my entire prior "investment" of close to 400 pages of ink, paper, and wear and tear on my printer ... thanks !
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

At this point I think all you need to do is print out the read me items listed in the last few pages of the new US Letter manual. These have not yet been incorporated in the manual. Until they are, it's not worth printing the entire manual. As for corrections that were made in the main body of the manual, my impression is that most of these were typos etc., although I could be wrong. Leo would need to answer that question.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
tancred41

Post by tancred41 »

aha ! Thanks Joel - it was there to be read, in the amended manual ... had, of course, overlooked it - my apologies :

Revised Manual – With this version, you will find a new pdf manual (US Letter) which has corrections and revisions. We hope to periodically update this manual and incorporate new rules and rule changes into the manual. This version has some manual corrections, and a full list of the new features and and rule changes listed at the end of the manual through version 1.04.24. The plan is to incorporate these changes into the text of the manual and remove them from the list as this happens. It will take us some time to catch up with all the changes made since release, but our goal is to catch up. Thanks to Leonardo Rogic (Apollo11) for his efforts to produce this living manual.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”