OMG, don't look

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Zacktar

RE: OMG, don't look

Post by Zacktar »

ORIGINAL: Shellshock

Between the movie that won't be mentioned and Armageddon I can't watch anything with Ben Affleck anymore.
Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms, yo.
Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room.
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

Check out CFs latest AAR entry: fwd.asp?messageID=2852471
Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

While the movie not to be mentioned was terrible, its roots of being a bad movie run deep. I just watched (yes I got through it) Beachhead (1954) with Tony Curtis and Frank Lovejoy on Netflix. Man was that an unrealistic stinker. Also I recently labored through the 1963 mini-series "The Winds of War" with Robert Mitchum and Jan-Michael Vincent.

Not only a POS fantasy but a poster child for AA (not anti-aircraft) where almost every other scene someone was pouring drinks. I had to pour my own to get through it which was the most pleasant thing about it.

Actually after those, the movie not to be mentioned didn't seem so bad. Shame on me for saying that.

Buck
Shellshock

Post by Shellshock »

ORIGINAL: Buck Beach

While the movie not to be mentioned was terrible, its roots of being a bad movie run deep. I just watched (yes I got through it) Beachhead (1954) with Tony Curtis and Frank Lovejoy on Netflix. Man was that an unrealistic stinker. Also I recently labored through the 1963 mini-series "The Winds of War" with Robert Mitchum and Jan-Michael Vincent.

Not only a POS fantasy but a poster child for AA (not anti-aircraft) where almost every other scene someone was pouring drinks. I had to pour my own to get through it which was the most pleasant thing about it.

Actually after those, the movie not to be mentioned didn't seem so bad. Shame on me for saying that.

Buck

I recall in the 1983 Winds of War mini-series that they used a modern American frigate (probably Oliver Hazard Perry class) to play the part of a Japanese destroyer during the depth charging sequence. Just as in the movie that won't be mentioned it was groan inducing and didn't work.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Buck Beach

Buck

Not only a POS fantasy but a poster child for AA (not anti-aircraft) where almost every other scene someone was pouring drinks. [:D]

Sweet Jesus that was bad. I had forgotten. Robert Mitchum looked liked he had been the first human guinea pig for Botox. I imagine the director gave up on trying to get a facial expression out of him after the first week of shooting.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”