Panzer Corps Reviews and Awards

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

SeanD

Panzer Corps Reviews and Awards

Post by SeanD »

[center]Image Image Image[/center]

96% - GamersHall.de
Panzer Corps is a solid and loving overhaul of the classic Panzer General. Technical implementation and graphic design leave little room for any criticism.

93% - GamerTell.com
Easy to learn, simple interface, hard to stop playing once you start, you don't have to be a serious wargamer to appreciate.

9/10 - CPU Gamer
When it comes to being Panzer General, Panzer Corps beats the pants off the competition.

90% - Armchair General
Overall, PanzerCorps is one of the best “beer and pretzels” turn based wargame releases in years. The game is very polished and stable. It is fun to play.

90% - PelipPlaneeta.net
...nothing short of brilliant.

9/10 - RTSguru
This was seriously one of the best games that we have ever played. If you do not pick this up, you are missing out.

9/10 - Onet.pl
If one asked how would Panzer General be like if it was released today? The answer is simple - it would be Panzer Corps.

9/10 - EntDepot
Panzer Corps has me dreaming in hexagons nowadays.

A- - GameShark.com
Now that the official review is complete, if this were any other game it would go on the shelf next to other games that have been “finished” but I have every intention of firing it up again.

5/6 - 24Timer
Review on Page 18 - The game is seen from the German point of view. Very unique in todays entertainment industry. But it is extremely well executed, in a sober and sound way.

88% - Gamer's Hall (Grand Campaigns Coverage)
I can say for all the fans a clear recommendation.

81% - PC Gamer UK
It`s Panzer General in a new greatcoat. A perfect introduction to the wonderful world of wargaming.

8/10 - PolitikBasis.de
This will warm the hearts of beer and pretzel-strategists... Hence I give a strong buy recommendation.

8/10 - Gamespot
- Panzer Corps is a great turn-based strategic wargame that captures Panzer General's deep and involving classic gameplay.
- Panzer Corps is a rare gem.

83% - BestGamer.ru
We have a reincarnation of the classic Panzer General with all the bells and whistles.

4/5 - Histogames
Panzer Corps completely captivated me!

8/10 - Gamere.dk
Panzer Corps manages 15 years after Panzer General to capture the exact same sentiment, and the gameplay still works just as well.

8/10 - PC4War
All honors to the developers as they restored an gaming masterpiece based on a proven concept and on deeply tactical gameplay.

8/10 - MMOGameSite.com
The level of detail is outstanding, and delivers a blend of entertainment and historical accuracy in an exciting way.

8.5/10 - Warfare and Wargaming
Panzer Corps has successfully delivered a blitzkrieg of entertainment for strategy gamers everywhere.

86% (Very Good) - 4Players.de [translation]
A thoroughly successful and addictive remake of Panzer General - tactical, complex, very good!

The Wargamer
Matrix, Slitherine and the Lordz Games Studios have done a superlative job not only of reviving a classic but improving it while keeping the original feel.

88% - 7idGaming.de
A great strategy game with addictive gameplay and high replay value.

85% - GameStar Gold Award - GameStar
Panzer Corps is neither bold nor stupid. But brilliant.

85% - PCGames.de
A resurrected classic!

8/10 - Gamer.no
Whether you're Panzer General-veteran or a beginner who wants to try a serious strategy game without the absurd amount of detail and a rule book with the same number of pages that the Bible is, Panzer Corps is a very good buy.

85% - Looki.de
This successful remake of a great classic should be missed by no strategy gamer!

4/5 Stars - DigitallyDownloaded.net
As a labour of love, it’s good to be able to say “Panzer General is back!”

7/10 - Gamedot.co.uk
Good concept, well executed. Plenty of depth.

79% - AG.ru
Those who are not familiar with or good at these types of strategy games can easily break into the genre with Panzer Corps.

Cyberstratege Preview
Is the student beating its master here ? Without saying too much about the article to follow, I can definitely say yes
I am here jumping, exploding of joy, even my eyes are crying for the return of an improved masterpiece

Whatafy
All in all, Panzer Corps is an amazing strategy game which can be enjoyed by players of all ages and gaming experience, so even those looking for a casual game as well as the ones that want a highly competitive one can enjoy this unique experience.

Quarter to Three
The first thing I noticed was how easy it is to get back into the routine of scooting the units around and letting the basic numbers do their thing... Before you know it, you're hurtling down the street with the wind in your hair and feeling like a kid again.

Tacticular Cancer
Panzer Corps has hit the nail on the head with graphics and sound, is extremely faithful to the series, with some carefully thought out, solid gameplay changes.

SimHQ
For those that have never played Panzer General and like a "wargame lite" title that can be learned relatively quickly and easily, this is an excellent title.

Gameokratie.de
Panzer Corps is a thoroughly enjoyable game that will give all Hobby Generals great fun. My advice: buy it yourselves now!

Suite 101
Panzer Corps is the perfect introduction for newcomers to wargaming, and also blast to play for those already captivated by the genre. It truly is the 21st Century version of the classic Panzer General series.

No High Scores
Panzer Corps has been such a pleasant surprise as it’s brought back a flood of great memories of nights eschewing college partying in order to try and achieve a major victory in France or to capture Moscow.

Investors-Verlag.de
"Recommendation of the Day"! After work, I'll start a scenario.

Rapid Fire Games Playtest (Video)

Gamers with Jobs Review (Podcast)

Gamecorner.pl AAR
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Lord Zimoa

RE: Panzer Corps Reviews

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Gamestar Review + video (German game magazine also published in Hungary, Czech Republic and China, Gamestar has an average monthly circulation of over 250,000 copies and is therefore the best sold PC computer game magazine in Europe)
Panzer Corps is brilliant. 85% Gamestar Gold Award!

http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=1589&pk=18863

Review in Google Translator

http://translate.google.de/translate?hl ... 24068.html
SeanD

Post by SeanD »

Added the review...
Sean Drummy

Hanal

Post by Hanal »

One day, they'll be a good translation program, but I got the gist of it!....Cannot wait!
SeanD

Post by SeanD »

Added another review (this time from DigitallyDownloaded.net.
Sean Drummy

SeanD

Post by SeanD »

Added the 7idGaming review, check it out!
Sean Drummy

Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

85% PC Games (German
PC Games, a popular German computer magazine rated the game in a good review with 85%.

"Panzer Corps: Wehrmacht is a strategy classic with a new name. PC Games verdict in the trial: it is allowed to resurrect classic!"

http://www.pcgames.de/Panzer-Corps-Wehr ... er-833961/
SeanD

RE: Panzer Corps Reviews and Awards

Post by SeanD »

Added another glowing German review
Sean Drummy

SeanD

Post by SeanD »

Added some more reviews...
Sean Drummy

Templer_12

No god graphic! Because you miss death animations in the game

Post by Templer_12 »

In the Game Star review will be evaluated in detail with a graphic rating 5 out of 10.
Listed below you will find Cons: no "death animations", units simply disappear.

Whether the lack of death animations had to be mentioned, actually I don't know.

However, I would find it funny, if I would see how the crew of a downed miniature tank, opens the tank valves and climbs out of the burning tank and jump down to escape then.

While trying to escape they would certainly pursue some crew members and mowed them down with machine-gun fire.
The spurting blood of course would give the missing death animations more authenticity.

But for the blood spatter even we would need a microscope.
With magnifying glasses we perhaps can still see the miniature tank crew but not to be visible splashes.

Sometimes you can only shake your head.
SeanD

Post by SeanD »

Added another 85% score from Looki.de. [:D]
Sean Drummy

SeanD

Post by SeanD »

Hey-oh! 8/10 on Gamespot.
Sean Drummy

LarryP

Post by LarryP »

ORIGINAL: SeanD

Hey-oh! 8/10 on Gamespot.

The twenty users gave it a 9.2 though. I always pay more attention to the users rather than the one reviewer. Especially for this type of game. [:)]

Although I see one of the posters is Ian. Aha! [:D]
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

I can't help it if I like the game :)
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

LOL! Hey, I was number 21 and I gave it a 10. I didn't write a review but I rated it.
SeanD

Post by SeanD »

Another positive review added from Gamedot.
Sean Drummy

SeanD

Post by SeanD »

The Wargamer review has been posted!
Sean Drummy

SeanD

Post by SeanD »

Added the PC4War review.
Sean Drummy

rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

GamespotPC online newsletter has Panzer Corps as 4th most popular game of the week.

http://nl.com.com/view_online_newslette ... st_id=e579
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
SeanD

Post by SeanD »

Added a No High Scores mini-review.
Sean Drummy

Return to “Panzer Corps”