The Philippine Army

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Buck Beach

RE: The Philippine Army

Post by Buck Beach »

Aghhhhhh!!! I just realized he said he "Green Button" me. Oh the inhumanity.[:D]

One wonders why he just didn't "Green Button" Sid long ago (like years)???
Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

I guess I had seriously better cool it. I'm done.
darbycmcd

Post by darbycmcd »

Ok, this is a bit much. Look I understand why people are rather unimpressed with the way Sid has re-introduced himself to the WitP community. I do see that in many ways he can be irritating in manner, and speak with a confidence that is unwarrented by his amount of knowledge of the current iteration of the game. Fair enough.

But he is not a liar, or a bad person out to ruin anyones day, or harm the reputation of WitP among new comers. He has a specific idea of how he would like the game to play, and wants to make a mod in this image. cool enough, like Terminus said, it is his perogative. So this very personal attack and counter-attack is completely disproportionate to what is going on and completely unfair to Sid. Lets be honest, there is something about wargames, especially very detail oriented ones, that attract people who... have more strength in reciting trivia than in social skills shall we say. And the internet gives this imbalance free reign. So we have to separate out what is the message and what is the style when we respond to each other here. So yes, there are... imperfections in what he understands about the game, but respond to that and not his sort of dismissive style. And the same for Terminus.

Ok, lets hug it out!!!!!
oldman45

Post by oldman45 »

Darby, that was a great post, till you talked about hugs [:'(]
Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

ORIGINAL: darbymcd

Ok, this is a bit much. Look I understand why people are rather unimpressed with the way Sid has re-introduced himself to the WitP community. I do see that in many ways he can be irritating in manner, and speak with a confidence that is unwarrented by his amount of knowledge of the current iteration of the game. Fair enough.

But he is not a liar, or a bad person out to ruin anyones day, or harm the reputation of WitP among new comers. He has a specific idea of how he would like the game to play, and wants to make a mod in this image. cool enough, like Terminus said, it is his perogative. So this very personal attack and counter-attack is completely disproportionate to what is going on and completely unfair to Sid. Lets be honest, there is something about wargames, especially very detail oriented ones, that attract people who... have more strength in reciting trivia than in social skills shall we say. And the internet gives this imbalance free reign. So we have to separate out what is the message and what is the style when we respond to each other here. So yes, there are... imperfections in what he understands about the game, but respond to that and not his sort of dismissive style. And the same for Terminus.

Ok, lets hug it out!!!!!

I hear you and totally agree with regards to Sid (truth or exaggerated persona) HOWVEVER, Term is not deserving of any consideration. Sid never attacks and maintains himself in a a civil manner. This is a quality completely absent with Term.

Buck
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

Oh shut up the bunch of you!
Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

Oh shut up the bunch of you!

OK
Yakface