HOS at Origins 2011?

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
Gunhawk

HOS at Origins 2011?

Post by Gunhawk »

Walker says that he hopes to have HOS out by Origins 2011. Is anybody going to be there to pick up their copy?
Josh

RE: HOS at Origins 2011?

Post by Josh »

Blimey, I thought I'd never see the day, awesome.
noname

Post by noname »

When is Origins 2011?
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

>>When is Origins 2011?<<

June 22-26.
noname

Post by noname »

NEXT WEEK? Pardon my scepticism, but I don't think it has been beta tested enough to release. If it does come out I think I'll let you, Gunhawk, take it apart with a microscope first then I'll buy it.
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

Whaaaaaaaaaat????? Scepticism????? Tch Tch! How dast thou? (-:
noname

Post by noname »

I want to apologize to you Gunhawk, I realize how utterly foreign any hint of scepticism is to your very nature. I was very inconsiderate in even introducing a miniscule amount of doubt into your basically trusting, loyal, and patient attitude to the imminent release of HOS. No doubt you are on your way, money in hand, to Origins 2011 to pick up your very own monogramed copy of HOS even as I post this. Joking aside, I really, really, really hope this is it, along with a few thousand others I'm sure.
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

>>I want to apologize to you Gunhawk, I realize how utterly foreign any hint of scepticism is to your very nature. I was very inconsiderate in even introducing a miniscule amount of doubt into your basically trusting, loyal, and patient attitude to the imminent release of HOS. No doubt you are on your way, money in hand, to Origins 2011 to pick up your very own monogramed copy of HOS even as I post this.<<

LOL. Do you suppose Walker will autograph my copy?

undercovergeek

Post by undercovergeek »

its probably only a tiny issue, but something that troubles me - only a tiny amount though - is it possible we could pay him enough respect to at least call him Mr Walker? or even Mark - hes good enough to come on here and give his full name, unlike the majority of us, and face the slings and arrows - im not a Mark fan or the game fan, just.............. polite
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

its probably only a tiny issue, but something that troubles me - only a tiny amount though - is it possible we could pay him enough respect to at least call him Mr Walker? or even Mark - hes good enough to come on here and give his full name, unlike the majority of us, and face the slings and arrows - im not a Mark fan or the game fan, just.............. polite

Are you suggesting that I'm *afraid* to give my full name? I hope not, as I use a "handle" to avoid spam, not to hide behind. I'm still me no matter what handle I use. At the Memoir 44 on-line forum there's a picture of me taken back in 1965. I use the handle "Gunhawk" there too. If anybody wants to know what I look like, there ya go. Would it in any way help you to know my name? Because if it would I'd be happy to email it to you.
undercovergeek

Post by undercovergeek »

lol - take it easy big fella - it was directed to everyone on here, me included - and were your username to be Bing Crosby, id call you Bing or Mr Crosby - its just nice, shows a bit of respect and if my addresses to you dont start with 'Oi Crosby' youre a little more inclined to answer, participate and reciprocate the respect and politeness - furthermore, would you to attend Origins id bet an awful lot of money you wouldnt buy your copy of the game and say 'Walker, sign this..... no, no just Walker - i think youre a **** and i dont need your first name on there'!!
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

lol - take it easy big fella - it was directed to everyone on here, me included - and were your username to be Bing Crosby, id call you Bing or Mr Crosby - its just nice, shows a bit of respect and if my addresses to you dont start with 'Oi Crosby' youre a little more inclined to answer, participate and reciprocate the respect and politeness - furthermore, would you to attend Origins id bet an awful lot of money you wouldnt buy your copy of the game and say 'Walker, sign this..... no, no just Walker - i think youre a **** and i dont need your first name on there'!!

LOL. Yeah. That would be funny. "Here Walker...I'm Gunhawk...sign this". And then I duck as he throws a disc trying to decapitate me like "OddJob" throwing his hat in "Goldfinger". OK, OK, just kidding. I'm not so full of myself that I think that Walker hates me. I'm just a guy expressing his opinions and I'm sure that he's heard just as bad elsewhere.

Now, on referring to Walker as Walker. He's certainly not my buddy, so it feels strange to refer to him as "Mark". I have in the past, but not since our last discussion where we exchanged derogatory remarks. It seems kind of dumb to call him Mark now, and I refuse to call him "Mr. Walker" as that makes me sound like i'm pandering, as in "Oh please Mr. Walker sir, won't you be so kind as to give us even a tiny bit of information on the game". I'm pragmatic, so I might pander a bit if I thought that would get the game published, but we all know it won't, so that's out, and what are we left with. Walker. Plain old Walker. Not that that's so bad. After all. we refer to great presidents, writers and celebrities like Washington, Lincoln, Lovecraft, Dickens, Bogart and Brando by their last names without disrespect. (shrug) So i don't think that i'm necessarily being impolite.

BTW, to all, I'm sorry that this discussion is so boring, but without the game what else do we have to talk about? Maybe we should have a spelling contest?
noname

Post by noname »

Actually I think that Mr. Walker and Mr. Gunhawk are one and same person. This is called MPS, or multiple personality syndrome, and is more common in modern society than people realize. It is very difficult to diagnose and even more difficult to treat. It usually requires substantial shock of some kind most frequently in childhood. The literature on the subject is somewhat limited due to the extreme difficulties mentioned above. Until recently MPS was not even recognized as a treatable condition but now there are members of the American Psychological Association who specialize in the admittedly intensive and extensive long term treatment of this highly debilitating condition. So Mr.Walker/Gunhawk please contact my office for an appointment and I will be very happy to begin relieving you of your life savings.
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

ORIGINAL: noname

Actually I think that Mr. Walker and Mr. Gunhawk are one and same person. This is called MPS, or multiple personality syndrome, and is more common in modern society than people realize. It is very difficult to diagnose and even more difficult to treat. It usually requires substantial shock of some kind most frequently in childhood. The literature on the subject is somewhat limited due to the extreme difficulties mentioned above. Until recently MPS was not even recognized as a treatable condition but now there are members of the American Psychological Association who specialize in the admittedly intensive and extensive long term treatment of this highly debilitating condition. So Mr.Walker/Gunhawk please contact my office for an appointment and I will be very happy to begin relieving you of your life savings.

What? Who? Me? Huh? I didn't... Hey, who's that? Who me? Yeah you! Are you talkin' to me? Well, there's nobody else here. That's what you think. Stop that!!! Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk! Saaaay...listen Gunhawk! Is that me? Is that you? Take that! What? Who? Who's on first? Mwahahahahahahahaha! Everythings just fine.

See...i'm fine. So am I. (-:
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

I'm very curious, does anyone know if this game turned up at the show? Not that I'd buy anything from this "walker dude".
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

I'm very curious, does anyone know if this game turned up at the show? Not that I'd buy anything from this "walker dude".

Then why ask?[&:]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
Keunert

Post by Keunert »

i would buy anything from the walker guy. the boardgames look excellent so i'm pretty confident that the pc port has big potential too.
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

If the game was going to show up in published and ready to go form we would have known about it weeks ago.
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

ORIGINAL: Barthheart

Because he's very curious, which is what he said. Ain't no law against curiosity.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: Barthheart

I ask because this joke of a game and forum provides some small entertainment for me.

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”