Interface still muddled like this video?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

pvthudson01

Interface still muddled like this video?

Post by pvthudson01 »

http://youtu.be/S8zM_SwnLJc

^^

Was wondering if patches have improved the game at all past this video lately?
Matrix Member since 2003!
crsutton

RE: Interface still muddled like this video?

Post by crsutton »

Nope. But for most of us who play the game often the patches have refined what was already excellent. It just may not be your cup of tea.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

About all I can say is the game is addictive.
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
jb123

Post by jb123 »

ORIGINAL: khyberbill

About all I can say is the game is addictive.

+1 here, the game is dangerously addictive. Think of the difficult interface as a sort of separating the wheat from the chaff exercise. If you are interested enough to make it through some of the unfriendly interface issues you will probably never emerge.... Now if only I had time for a PBEM...

All that said, if you have mastered the interface, the new beta has made some time-saving changes, especially as regards to pilot training (release 5, 10 pilots instead of three clicks per pilot). the game is improving, but it has not been radically recast. And I would probably be upset if it did, because then I would have to learn a whole new system.
pvthudson01

Post by pvthudson01 »

ok cool thanks

Was thinking of picking this one up after I learned War in the East, but I am a little tired of the Eastern Front and have put that on the backburner. It was either this game or Storm in the Pacific by Wasteland Interactive (the Time of Fury Time of Wrath guys)
Matrix Member since 2003!

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”