Armerments bug or something like it?

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Peltonx

Armerments bug or something like it?

Post by Peltonx »

End of Turn 27

Ok the Armaments bug is back or something like it again my manpower pool has jumped up from 270k to 320k to 370k the last 3 turns. Like I explianed with my game vs Cyclops the pool was over 1 million by March 1st. I have played at least 4 other games until past blizzard and have nothing like this going on in them.

I have lost 300k troops and none have been replaced for the last 3 turns.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but until someone explains why this is going on I will have to put this game on hold at this turn.

Pelton

Attachments
Picturearmbug.jpg
Picturearmbug.jpg (143.38 KiB) Viewed 311 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Helpless

RE: Armerments bug or something like it?

Post by Helpless »

Can you just ran out of ARM? I see many games when Axis player is not short on ARM at this point. And if they short this is expected as it was the lowest production point historically and in the game.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Ok the Armaments bug is back

Btw, there was no Armament bug in the past, so nothing can get back.
Pavel Zagzin
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Quote from Tarhunnas on the A bug.

I have been seeing tendencies of the same thing now in my two games, plenty of men but no rifles. See: tm.asp?m=2838922. I am apprehensive about this because in my first 1942 campaign, my army basically fell apart in the autumn of 1943 because of an armaments problem that is now supposedly fixed. See: fb.asp?m=2739973&go=last for the AAR.

Pelton

Back forward name it what you like what gives?

You really should get a nose job [:D]

Attachments
Picture1.jpg
Picture1.jpg (102.41 KiB) Viewed 311 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

There was a scenario setup problem for 1942 scenario. This is nothing to do with situation various game may arrive by the end of 1941.

If you feel that Germans don't get enough of ARM, you can always modify scenario data. Editor is free.
Pavel Zagzin
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

And before you start doing anything with editor :), I suggest to try a new Campaign with 1.04.28+. There was real combat bugs fixed, which could result Germans to be in a bit better shape with armaments.
Pavel Zagzin
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Why is it this one game? and not the other ones?

I have only taken 75k, 102k and 117k in deaths in 3 turns, which is really gimp for blizzard turns yet my pool is growing by 50k a turn and my armerments are at 90k.
As far as Guns and tanks go I have lost next to nothing also.

This is not my first blizzard VS Larry (186k dead in one turn),Hoooper (150k+ everyturn), Swifty to name a few the manpower pool never got over 200,000. Hoooper was doing far more damage then this an no problems.

So what your saying is this game is bugged and we need to restart?

I have destoried 40% of his ARM and 25% fo his hvy and we need to restart because of some stupid bug?

Its like the more industry I destory the less I get replaced.
You sure you guys did really screw up something along the way.

At this rate I will have close to 750000 men in my pool by March first and 2.2 million men at the front?

There is nothing wrong here everyone move along [X(]

The Russian's did not destory 141 German ARM pts dude I destoryed 141 Russian ARM pts [:-]

This is 1 of 10 campiagns and so far 2 have had this bug. So basicly 20% of all game are going to be junk and a waste of time?

Whatever.

Pelton
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

This is my 10th campaign(not counting T's) and 2 have had this issue. VS Cyclops by March 1st I had 2,000,000 men at the front and 1.2 million in the manpower pool.

The last 3 turns my manpower pool is growing by 50k+ per turn and I am only taking 110K ish deaths a turn. Manpower is at 420K and growing. I am guessing this has been going on for some time, because in most games it never gets over 200k. At this rate I have 1.0 million men in the pool and 2.2 million at front by March 1st. Seems both games bugged out at about the same time.

I really hate to stop because I have dropped so much industry and feel I have an easy minor victory, but if I played another 40 turns I have 3.2 million men in my manpower pool and zero at front.

Pelton
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

You should see a turnaround as the Axis armaments multiplier increases in 1942. You'll use up those men enventually. You will churn through armaments in the winter of 41/42 but things will get better (at least in that area).
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
EntropyAvatar

Post by EntropyAvatar »

How many German rifle squads are in the pool? If there's manpower but no equipment in the pool, it's an armaments problem. If there's manpower AND equipment in the pool, then it's a reinforcement rate problem.
Tarhunnas

Post by Tarhunnas »

If I am understanding this correctly, some combat issues priot to 1.04.28 together with a low point in German armaments might be causing this, and it should go away in 1942 due to higher German armaments production?

I don't want to make too much of this, I realize that things might fluctuate according to how much combat and losses there are and such in different games, but in my game against Gids I had 93k Armaments and 112k men in the pool in January, in July 1942 I have no armaments and 80k men. I should add that there had been heavy combat all spring and early summer, so that might have an effect.
------------------------------
RTW3 Designer
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Hmm I have built 2971 and there are still 2394 in the pool. I have had 90k + armerments in pool every turn. ALL my units have refit on always do.

Joel Billings I have not been lacking in arms the pools at 90k.

Again this is the very same way I always play and never get this high in the pool. The death rate in this game is low compared to my others and they pools never get over 300000.

So only 600 had been sent to the front in 20+ turn? That doent sound right to me. The other 2394 been on vacation for the past 4 months?

The other squads (cav,eng, gred ect) are all getting to the front for the most part, over 75%. Only 18% of the rifle squads are being deployed but 75% of all other squads? That can't be close to right can it?

In my other games which have way more combat and losses I get to 250,000 tops and my front line troops never get below 2.7 million by March.

This is different only other game that was like this was Cyclops. 117,75 and 102k is very light for losses. Larry had several turns of 186kish this should be a breeze, but all my troops have been going to the pool for at least 4 turns. I would say they been going to the pool now for 6 to 7 turns and there has been ZERO combat before the last 3 blizzard turns.

Before Cyclops disappearred by March I had 1.2 millionish in the pool. I was playing Hoooper at the same time same turns sme patchs and it topped out at 250kish.

Why the huge difference?

Pelton

Attachments
Picture11.jpg
Picture11.jpg (162.92 KiB) Viewed 311 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

I will keep playing to see if it starts to drop after january, not sure why it would if it started growing before Dec and I still have 90k arms in pool.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

The armaments production levels have changed over the past few months:

v1.04.15 Rule Change – Each Armament factory now uses 50 supply points to produce 250 armament points per turn.

v1.03 Beta 3 Rule Change – Each Armament factory now uses 50 supply points to produce 200 armament points.

v1.00 - Each armament factory uses 100 supplies to produce 500 armament points.

Also, bug fixes and changes to other rules/formulas could have an impact on the number of Armaments points used, although the production changes were by far the biggest change. So as you can see, depending on what version you were using and when you upgraded, you could have more or less Armaments points. We think the current level as of v 1.04.15 provides the tension in the production system that is needed to be historical.

When you toggle to just show active pools, what do the numbers look like (click on All Pools text in lower right of production screen)?

Is this a server game, or do you have saves you can post?
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
JAMiAM

Post by JAMiAM »

Hi Pelton,

You need to understand how the transit pool works. Right now, you have the pools unfiltered and those numbers you're seeing could cause some confusion.

Showing all pools, will combine the transit pool, and the active pool. Showing all nationalities will combine both the Germans, and all the minor allies. You should filter out for the Germans, and then cycle through Active Pool, Transit Pool, and Combined to see what is really going on. You will probably find that all those Ge Rifle squads you see, are sitting in the transit pool, and will only be released back into the active pool, and thus ready for redistribution to your frontline units at a rate of 25% of the current pool total.

Investigate your pools in detail, and you'll get a better idea of the situation.
Tarhunnas

Post by Tarhunnas »

Hmmm, interesting, if I show the pools for all nations, there is no apparent armaments shortage.

Attachments
ArmALL.jpg
ArmALL.jpg (113.62 KiB) Viewed 311 times
RTW3 Designer
Tarhunnas

Post by Tarhunnas »

But if I filter to Germany, there is. Not sure how to interpret this, but does that mean the Rumanians and Hungarians are swimming in rifles, while Germans go without?

Attachments
ArmGER.jpg
ArmGER.jpg (114.56 KiB) Viewed 311 times
RTW3 Designer
Arstavidios

Post by Arstavidios »

There have been many quiet turns followed by the soviet winter offensive.
this may explain why the pools fill suddenly until they reach a state where as many men come in as come out?
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

But if I filter to Germany, there is. Not sure how to interpret this, but does that mean the Rumanians and Hungarians are swimming in rifles, while Germans go without?

They just don't have enough units to utilize those 10k sent by Germany.

I think it should be moved to war room.
Pavel Zagzin
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Its should be moved because I have had 6 games in winter without this crazy high manpower pool and 2 that have.

If you like fancy pants I give you my account info, like most normal tech support poeple do and you can look at it sure self?

Ok I get some screens of the windows.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

Return to “Tech Support”