Quiet forum lately ?

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

rome87

Quiet forum lately ?

Post by rome87 »

Been on and off reading this forum since atg release but lately everything has gone quiet is this game basically at a point where nothing major is happening aka blowing in the wind ?
JJKettunen

RE: Quiet forum lately ?

Post by JJKettunen »

Too many games, too little time!
Jyri Kettunen

The eternal privilege of those who never act themselves: to interrogate, be dissatisfied, find fault.

- A. Solzhenitsyn
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

I'm playing lots of PBEM games, just not writing about them.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Josh

Post by Josh »

Hmm, don't know about that Rome87... the postcount is reasonably high, maybe forumactivity is a bit less than when AT was released three years ago. But I reckon most seasoned AT players don't have the need to post much as they are all too familiar with the game. Certainly not blowing in the wind, heck, Vic is releasing patches faster than I can play a game of ATG..., more like a happy gaming crowd I'd say.
EmTom

Post by EmTom »

I put my signature under Josh's post too. I enter this forum every day and almost always there is something new to read or comment.

@Josh: Same feelings about patch releases frequency :)
I'm with you since People's Tactics and I love it!
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I always check the forums, too. Recently received a package of Grymme's scenarios (from the AT Community site), which should keep me busy for a long time.
henri51

Post by henri51 »

I am waiting for an ATG version of WW2 which is playable against the AI...[:@]

Henri
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

ORIGINAL: henri51
I am waiting for an ATG version of WW2 which is playable against the AI...[:@]

Henri

You mean the World at War scenario? Or what? There are a few scenarios using ATG rules in the WW2 era. There is even one using the WaW ATG scenario rules.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
henri51

Post by henri51 »

I mean the WaW scenarios.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Well, i hate to break it to you, but probably that won´t happen. And if it does the person doing the modification will have alot to work against. For one thing the AI is not very strategic in its planning, and WaW is very strategic in nature. So it is likely that the person doing the editting will need to make some sort of compromise. Possibly making the AI cheat alot more than usual. Now i am sure you don´t want to hear that really, but AI programming is tough. Another thing is that the AI doesn´t understand things like coup´s and action cards, or people production research, which are all pretty integral in the new WaW. Heck it doesn´t even do building of factories without cheating... or repairing of cities with engineers (hence the auto repair function, that repairs AIs cities with 33% i believe)

All that being said. I too would love if someone tried to make an AI playable version of the game. But it would need to be someone both knowledgable with coding, and who has played the scenario in depth. I am not sure anyone has played it beyond 1943 yet. I certainly haven´t.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”