[ROTS 1.5.0.8] Bug with automated research ?

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Volcano

[ROTS 1.5.0.8] Bug with automated research ?

Post by Volcano »

For some time now, I noticed there is a problem with automated research of technologies : when you receive a bonus in a tech you were researching, or when you buy this tech from another empire, the research is stopped and doesn't switch to another tech, you have to switch manually to a new tech.

Is it intended to work this way or is it clearly a bug ?
Do not awake the dormant volcano...
Data

RE: [ROTS 1.5.0.8] Bug with automated research ?

Post by Data »

The idea of queing research, and even more so with automated research, is for it to switch automatically to a new tech once the present one is completed by whatever means.
So my money is on it being a bug....you sure are the new bug man after cookie spotted like a dozen of them [:D]
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
Volcano

Post by Volcano »

New ? Well, as I had already spotted some bugs just after the release of original DW, I'm not so new as you think ^^
fb.asp?m=2419586&key=
fb.asp?m=2460477&key=

About this bug, I saw that it doesn't always occur, but I can give it is likely to occur about 60-70% based on what I have seen in my most recent games.
Do not awake the dormant volcano...
Data

Post by Data »

I stand corrected, you're one of the precursors [:)]
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

Return to “Tech Support”