oil fields capture?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Johnlax

oil fields capture?

Post by Johnlax »

How are the capture of oil fields handled? Are there factors for lend lease? Does the capture of certain areas deprive the Russians of lend lease? How do oil field come into play as far as victory conditions???
gradenko2k

RE: oil fields capture?

Post by gradenko2k »

I don't know if the Germans eventually face fuel shortages in this game as they lose Romania, or if they can alleviate fuel concerns by capturing the oilfields in the Russian Caucasus, but I do know that you can cause the Russians fuel shortages by driving to Baku and beyond.

I don't think you can stop the Russians from ever receiving Lend-Lease, but I'm not 100% on that.

Oilfields, by themselves, don't "count" towards the victory conditions, but it does make it easier to win the war overall. There are some spots, such as Baku, that are coincidentally both Victory Point locations and oil production facilities, but capturing an oilfield that doesn't have VPs won't directly affect your score progress to a win.
morvael

Post by morvael »

From my experience and from what I have read in this forum, you can cause Russian troubles by capturing their oilfields, but as Germany you won't get that oil either.
Jajusha

Post by Jajusha »

You have quite a big stockpile of crude too (check production screen). Even if the romania fields are bombed from the Crimea, i think the stocks alone will last for quite a bit.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”