Showing full infantry teams and squads

Please post here for questions and discussion about unit modeling and general game modding. You can also post your new units and modifications here.

Moderator: rickier65

leridano

RE: Showing full infantry teams and squads

Post by leridano »

I have applied the mod and turn off limit infantry option but still seeing 3 men in all german squads.

junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Did you use JSGME or did you overwrite the original files?
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Just to be sure, in your Options screen, the Limited Infantry button is black, not yellow?
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
leridano

Post by leridano »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

Did you use JSGME or did you overwrite the original files?

I simply overwrote the original files.

leridano

Post by leridano »

Just to be sure, in your Options screen, the Limited Infantry button is black, not yellow?

It´s not yelow.
leridano

Post by leridano »

Already seeing 10 men squad. It looks nice, thanks! (it was about applying JSGME)

Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

Great mod![:)]

Makes the whole thing a good deal more realistic.
Unfortunately, for me FPS lose to much on my system! [:(]
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

If you are using the beta update, this mod will no longer work properly.

The German infantry was redone and improved in the update and the xmls point to new folders. Using this mod will point to the old folders and you will see the old graphics.
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

So please Sztartur, can you please make this mod working again?
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

I am very demotivated at the moment. the game is NOT working for me as it should.
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

Why is that, Sztartur? I think we must realize this game is far from finished, but look at what they've achieved already. Give it time, it will get better and better.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

We are unable to get the Map Maker to work for Sztartur so far. I understand his demotivation, but I hope we will find a solution soon. You can see his thread in the tech support forum if you want to see what he has been through.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

Can anyone make another mod like this perhaps in the mean time?
Panama Red

Post by Panama Red »

The new "328D Beta" shows 10 German squad members when I activated this mod through JSGME, just like before.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

What you did was override the new xmls and installed old xmls that point to the old 3D models and graphics. We left the old stuff in just in case.
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

I'm not sure I understand. So the 10 member squad can work with the patch?
Nemo84

Post by Nemo84 »

I'll explain. Currently there are two sets of infantry graphics: the old one that came with your purchased game and a new set that is part of the beta patch. This mod contains a bunch of changed xml files that point to the old graphics set. The beta update contains an updated version of those same xml files that point to the new graphics. If you install this mod after the beta patch, you overwrite the new xml files with the modified old ones and you will be stuck with the old graphics. What needs to be done to get 10 men squads with the new graphics is to manually apply the changes to get 10 member squads to all the new files.

EDIT: This appears to be 114 files to be changed, and the next time someone updates the graphics or unit stats you would have to start all over again. Why are these old graphic files not simply overwritten with the new ones instead of keeping them around but unused?
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Why are these old graphic files not simply overwritten with the new ones instead of keeping them around but unused?

Exactly because of situations like this. If the old files were removed and you applied an old mod, the game would crash.
Nemo84

Post by Nemo84 »

Why are these old graphic files not simply overwritten with the new ones instead of keeping them around but unused?

Exactly because of situations like this. If the old files were removed and you applied an old mod, the game would crash.

Actually, no. If the old graphics files were simply overwritten with the new ones, any mod that refers to them would continue working perfectly and have been automatically updated so to say. This mod certainly would have, and I can imagine no situation where updating a texture file with an improved version of the same would somehow crash the game. It would be a lot more convenient than someone now being forced to manually go through 114 files to adjust them to the new changes.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Overwriting wasn't possible in this case as spellir used a different file structure in order to give more variety. Then the xmls had to point to this new files structure. We could have delayed the game release until he finished this project but...

Considering the amount of hours that spellir put in to bring you this improvement, editing 114 files is a minor project. A lot of the xmls will be so similar that copy and paste will get a lot of them done quickly.

Return to “Maps, Models and Mods”