Is there a "real time" mode

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

pvthudson01

Is there a "real time" mode

Post by pvthudson01 »

I hate RTS games, but I do like Combat Missions real time mode. One thing I hate about this game is the too many phases and constant clicking to advance a turn.

Did the newest version add a real time mode to make the game flow more smoothly? It gets quite boring watching the game advance in small segments of time and frustrating as well.

Matrix Member since 2003!
Missouri_Rebel

RE: Is there a "real time" mode

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Nah, no real time. But this game DOES have massive amounts of units and scenarios. I can't wait to try some Mapmaking once I solve my rig problems. I have CMN but don't care for the RT aspect as I like to watch the replays so much but different strokes for......

I really think this title supplements the genre very nicely. One doesn't exclude the other. Plus, ITS THE EAST FRONT! You know, that thing Klink was always afraid of being shipped to.

mo reb
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

P.S.

Phat Albert does it again. Get out your brooms boys. Go Cards!
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
pvthudson01

Post by pvthudson01 »

I hate the Cubs no worries there!

Ok cool well I will have to learn to deal with the phases I guess.
Matrix Member since 2003!
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

ORIGINAL: pvthudson01

I hate RTS games, but I do like Combat Missions real time mode. One thing I hate about this game is the too many phases and constant clicking to advance a turn.

When you click that arrow just to the left of the Russian star it ends the phase. Not sure what it is you're referring to about the constant clicking to advance the turn.
Did the newest version add a real time mode to make the game flow more smoothly? It gets quite boring watching the game advance in small segments of time and frustrating as well.

WEGO is about playing in smaller bites. This game was not designed to be a RT game.

Good Hunting.

MR

Attachments
1aaa.jpg
1aaa.jpg (12.1 KiB) Viewed 36 times
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: pvthudson01

I hate the Cubs no worries there!

Ok cool well I will have to learn to deal with the phases I guess.

You can also play this using 60 sec turns that skip the reaction phase. Check the Options screen. That might be more to your liking, though it's not what I prefer.

thanks
rick

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”