My cutom race images

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Kalthaniell

My cutom race images

Post by Kalthaniell »

Here are the race images I was mentioning in my previous thread. First 19 are named race_xa/race_x so you can put them in your raceimages folder right away. The rest is named nextxa/nextx so you need to rename them if you want to use them. A word of warnig though, the numbered images were replacing my customized races, not the ones from the original game, so you might want to tweak your race.txt and bias.txt files first ;)

Heres the preview

Updated link (26.12.11):

http://www.mediafire.com/?lr2jifgcru9erxd

I added the same post in My custom ships nad shipsets, but I guess now it is going to be easier to find it.

Enjoy guys
Rising-Sun

RE: My cutom race images

Post by Rising-Sun »

They look great, i like it :)
Igard

Post by Igard »

Nice one, Kalthaniell. Another thing you can do is send lordxorn a PM with links to each of your mod threads. He maintains a compendium of all the mods, so it's a good thing to put them all on the list.

Here's a link to the mod compendium thread :- tm.asp?m=2440865
Data

Post by Data »

that thread should be stickied. Whenever Elliot has doubts about the fanbase he can just check that great display of mods
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
Igard

Post by Igard »

It is stickied on the main forum, but it's just one of many. Gets lost in the clutter. However, it should be stickied here in the modding forum.

Kalthaniell

Post by Kalthaniell »

I pmd lordxron about adding my threads to the mod compedium. I can't believe I did not find it before. Found some new great mods there, too.
I was working on the rest of the stuff I have. Mostly minor upgrades or altering pictures resolution . I also found some new resources of outsanding quality - ships and bases from GUNDAM Seed. Don't know if enyone is a fan of sci-fi anime but the capital ships the chinese modders from 9CCN made are simply awesome. I've been working on some new race pics as well.
I'll probably upload all that soon, so brace yourselves :D
And btw, thank you all for so much positive feedback. I find it very motivating :]
Data

Post by Data »

looking forward to the new stuff [;)]
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

This is NICE. Well done!
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Simulation01

Post by Simulation01 »

What is the Alien with the Cobra Hood and is holding the green object?  The second race from the very first picture set.
"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved Earth and Heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will." -Tennyson
Bleek

Post by Bleek »

Link no longer works. [:(]
I've been beta testing myself for decades.
Data

Post by Data »

3...2....1....what, Kal still not all over this? Very unusual, I hope he's ok [:)]
dwaine

Post by dwaine »

Any update for the link ? mediafire or others ?
Kalthaniell

Post by Kalthaniell »

Files reuploaded. Have fun
dwaine

Post by dwaine »

Thanks a lot !
eltharion

Post by eltharion »

Thank you, good selection. ;D
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. Is not life a hundred times too short for us to bore ourselves?

-Friedrich Nietzsche-

Return to “Design and Modding”