THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Buck Beach

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Buck Beach »

ORIGINAL: JWE

Ok, so found a Rescue dog. Looked at some breeders but the 'in yo face' stuff was just too hard for me to take.

Found a boy, named Beau, who's only a couple years old and is being fostered by a friend in Birmingham. Is a special needs dog, because he has early onset hip dysplasia. Nobody wants him because he can't keep up with people that run. Been up for adoption three times, but every time was passed over once people heard about his health issues. I liked him. Here's his pics. He's the second one from the top.
http://www.springerrescue.org/dogdocs/r ... php?reg=SE
Driving up tomorrow, and it will be a new doggie at dinner. Talked to Rachel, his foster mom, a lot today. He's going to get the best there is. Will send some pics.

J

Glad you found a friend to share your life with John.

My heart for dogs was scarred deeply on two occasions. First when I was 15 or 16 and my Teddy was hit and killed the night I first saw "Pork Chop Hill" and my dad gave me the bad news when I got home that night. Needless to say I cried myself to sleep. In those years I was still a believer and I knew with conviction that God was punishing me for doing what all teenage boys do to relieve stress and tension.

The next little guy was named Spanky. He was given to me in a bar in Oregon and he fit into my pocket. I worked the 4:30PM to 3:00AM shift at a lumbermill in Kalama, Wash (two hours mandatory overtime that helped us to survive). Any how the bitch uh my exwife would leave me something in the oven to eat and the kids of course were sleeping too. But, my little buddie Spanky was there to welcome me home every evening and we shared our dinner and conversation. He was a bitchin little dog.

The wicked witch of the north left us one night (Holloween eve) for another dude she met while tending bar. In less than two days the 3 kids, Spanky and I loaded up our shadetree mechanic truck and headed off to San Diego.

Long story short I returned the kids to their mother and they begged for Spanky. Ended up alone in desert community of Brawley, Cal. Eventually my 9 year old son came to live with me so I seeked out a south of the border women to import and take care of us.

Found out later that someone had poisoned Spanky. That was 32 years ago and I haven't had the desire to go through the pain of losing another one again.

Buck

PS I married the woman and she is still taking good care of me.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Buck Beach,

Great story. Thank you for sharing your history with your pets and your life. [8D]

I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but I wanted to call you on the 'dog was poisoned by another' epitaph for your dog. This alleged history ("someone poisoned my dog / threw something over the fence to intentionally poison her") history is notoriously common in companion animals-particularly dogs. When someone loses something dear to them with no warning, they think on their relationships with neighbors and any issues like that come to the fore in their mind.

The good news is that intentional poisonings almost never happen. Not saying that it didn't happen in your case, of course. But, if you don't have diagnostic and conclusive laboratory data from an accredited toxicology laboratory, I would look askew at the diagnosis. Dogs die spontaneously from any number of organic disease processes-more so than intentional poisonings. Owners that aren't diagnostic pathologists overlook more likely explanations and assume that their poor neighborly relations are the explanation for the death of their pet.

Just a thought. Sometimes people aren't as gawd-awful as we would assume.
Mynok

Post by Mynok »

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Ike- watch you little mouth. You kiss your mother with that mouth. [:-]

Ignore the creep. I hope he shows up at my door someday because I have a bullet slated for his noggin. This world would be greatly improved with one less of his type.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Whoa Mynok, calm down. Cretins like "Ike99" and "Helmut" aren't worth that sort of sentiment.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Ike99

Post by Ike99 »

Mynok: You couldn't find your arse if someone chained your tongue to it. Why are you surprised?

Sorry to attract flies, gents. My bad.

Ike99: Sorry gents no. This is me and you. I´m asking you once again in a kind way to remove these insulting posts.

Be a nice guy and I´ll delete this post. What do you say?
Mynok: Ignore the creep. I hope he shows up at my door someday because I have a bullet slated for his noggin. This world would be greatly improved with one less of his type.

Maybe you should take my earlier advice and let´s all be good gentlemen and delete these post. What do you say?
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Ike- watch you little mouth. You kiss your mother with that mouth. [:-]

[:D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

I'm guessin' Ike is posting again.  [:D]
Mike

Mynok

Post by Mynok »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Whoa Mynok, calm down. Cretins like "Ike99" and "Helmut" aren't worth that sort of sentiment.

Point taken bro.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Now, there's a PBEM match made in ..... well, somewhere other than heaven. [:D]
Mike

USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: Mynok

Point taken bro.

Go and grab a cold one, my Brother, and I'll pour some rum to join you.
Mike

Mynok

Post by Mynok »

I'm working on a nice sangria and doing just fine. [;)]
Ike99

Post by Ike99 »

Mynok: Ignore the creep. I hope he shows up at my door someday because I have a bullet slated for his noggin. This world would be greatly improved with one less of his type.

I have no interest in showing up at your door. I have an interest in you not throwing insults at me across a forum. I can tell you, I wouldn´t let you do it to me from across a table mate.
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Ike99

I have no interest in showing up at your door. I have an interest in you not throwing insults at me across a forum. I can tell you, I wouldn´t let you do it to me from across a table mate.
Ike99-why don't you PM Mynok with your requests to expunge his previous posts, please? You've left four such requests on THE THREAD!!! now and we get the point. If your issue is with Mynok, please direct your communications accordingly-lest we think that you were trying to spam the forum with your displeasure.
Ike99

Post by Ike99 »

ke99-why don't you PM Mynok with your requests to expunge his previous posts, please? You've left four such requests on THE THREAD!!! now and we get the point. If your issue is with Mynok, please direct your communications accordingly-lest we think that you were trying to spam the forum with your displeasure.

I agree with you 100%. I offered several times. If he deletes his initial post I´ll delete mine.

I have no problems with this. Let´s delete all our bad post and be done.

Mynok

Post by Mynok »

I will neither expunge any prior posts, nor contribute any more. I have green buttoned this trollop and hope the Thread will be subsequently free of it's drivel.

Ike99

Post by Ike99 »

I will neither expunge any prior posts, nor contribute any more. I have green buttoned this trollop and hope the Thread will be subsequently free of it's drivel.

And like I said. Go fvck your mother.

Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Ike99

And like I said. Go fvck your mother.
Alright, Jackwad-for 'agreeing with me 100%', you seemed to be missing the point. Take your antics out of THE THREAD!!! Get it? Not interested in your trolling for sympathy or crying out injustices that didn't happen in this thread.

Anyways, you've got my green button now, Ike99. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt after mistaking you for Helmut last week, but your muckraking tactics are no more welcome.
Mynok

Post by Mynok »

He is Helmut/japan/Whatever. Do not be deceived. It's that same crap.
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Just reported my second post of the day for using profanity......repeatedly.  [:D]
Mike

Mynok

Post by Mynok »

He's apparently immune to Matrix bans. Unfortunately.

Return to “The War Room”