Captured resources

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Bombur

Captured resources

Post by Bombur »

I noticed, in Bombur mod, that, when you capture a resource location level 1, it produces for you, however, if you take a level 2 or 3 location, it won´t produce nothing. It seems to be related to the fact that level 1 location have neutral people, but when you upgrade to level 2 or 3 it shifts to your people, is this:
1-A bug?
2-A design feature?
3-A bug introduced by accident in my mod??
Vic

RE: Captured resources

Post by Vic »

I think 3. Since this does not happen in the generic.at2 scenarios.

http://www.vrdesigns.nl/atwiki/doku.php ... ation_type

best,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

-I was able to fix the bug, by using PMods, but it´s strange why this happened. The thing seems to be related to the fact that people changes from neutral to regime people when you upgrade an structure.
Maybe there is some rulevar or event preventing this from happening in the vanilla scenario?
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

Looked at the Generic.at2 and noticed that people remains neutral when you upgrade structures. Is there any event or rulevar? I didn´t change the events, so I´m conufused. This has some implications because I´m creating a system to upgrade cities in the next GD version. What will happen when we upgrade conquered cities? Will they shift to ruling regime people?
Vic

Post by Vic »

@bombur,

If i remember correctly you might have started you mod with a pre-release version of ATG. There was still a bug in pretty late that had the same effect as you describe in the normal generic.at2. obviously i fixed it.

check the people overrule setting for your loctypes

and check the events that change people of factories (upgraded loctype might have been including)

if this doesnt help i will take a quick look. just give me download link or mail me the scenario to vic@xs4all.nl

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

Thank you, Vic, the trouble is in event 41. It seems the AI resources were set to change to regime people when upgraded by the AI, now they are set to neutral people. Now you set them to be upgraded without changing regime. This makes me wonder that...
1-It seems the AI must be programmed to upgrade sites
2-The default for upgrading sites is no change in people location, is that correct? That´s because sites upgraded by human players suffer no changes in hex people. So I must create events to make GD AI compatible....sigh.....
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

Updating the event worked, thank you.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”