Wargaming in General

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Lanconic

Wargaming in General

Post by Lanconic »

4441 users? And they say the hobby is dead =_)
The way of all flesh
Perturabo

RE: Wargaming in General

Post by Perturabo »

If wargaming was dead, there wouldn't be commercial wargames. I'd say that thanks to the Internet, computer wargaming is in better condition than ever.
Phatguy

Post by Phatguy »

But it doesnt seem as big because there isnt that many large concentrations of wargamers anymore as in the old days.
My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

4,441 users is crap!

Open your eyes and look at the world.

There's billions of people.
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

4,441 users is crap!

Open your eyes and look at the world.

There's billions of people.
Sadly, most humans are boring & only want to zone out watching the boob-tube every day instead. Poor, poor miserable souls. Therefore it is our duty to spread the word!

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
ilovestrategy

Post by ilovestrategy »

Slaakman is right![:D]
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

ORIGINAL: apathetic lurker

But it doesnt seem as big because there isnt that many large concentrations of wargamers anymore as in the old days.
More like large concentrations of wargamers are playing the Games Workshop crap instead of historical wargames.
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

More like large concentrations of wargamers are playing the Games Workshop crap instead of historical wargames.
Ive been hitting up the local GW/Warhammer stores and recruiting those newbs for WiF, Avalon Hill & SPI training! (If I left anyone out like GDW then I apologize. I will catch up to you too).
[:D]
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
Phatguy

Post by Phatguy »

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

I dont consider those types of players wargamers
My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN

Sadly, most humans are boring & only want to zone out watching the boob-tube every day instead. Poor, poor miserable souls. Therefore it is our duty to spread the word!

Decisions Games sells Computer War in Europe.

I am suprised I have never seen you on their forums.

-
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

I dont consider those types of players wargamers
Why? They still play wargames. They just gave bad taste when it comes to the setting that they recreate.
ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN
Ive been hitting up the local GW/Warhammer stores and recruiting those newbs for WiF, Avalon Hill & SPI training! (If I left anyone out like GDW then I apologize. I will catch up to you too).
[:D]
A true patriot [salute]

Return to “General Discussion”