(REL) Place Names Mod by Redmarkus

Post new scenarios and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, bcgames

Redmarkus5

RE: (REL) Place Names Mod by Redmarkus

Post by Redmarkus5 »

ORIGINAL: captskillet

any chance you could work with authors of this map mod to incorporate your place names mod to work with it.

http://www.designmodproject.de/forum/ga ... e_id=41459

Sure, if they want to. They can PM me.

TBH I haven't been paying much attention to this game in the last few weeks, but I am happy to share my files...
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

If anyone else wants to take over my place names mod, let me know and I will happily share the files with you.
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

redmarkus,

I'll do it. I plan on being here for a long while. I've always liked your approach to this mod. I'll send you a pm.

v/r

bcgames
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

ORIGINAL: bcgames

redmarkus,

I'll do it. I plan on being here for a long while. I've always liked your approach to this mod. I'll send you a pm.

v/r

bcgames

Cool. Files sent! Nice to see this becoming a community mod project. As mentioned in my email, Rich has also created the town sizes layer and that can be added in to the mod for greater immersion. I have copied him.

I am sure I'll be back to WiTE in the future!
Captain B

Post by Captain B »

Don't stay away too long. You definitiely have my permission to use the town size files! I have found a few minor errors (more alignment between individual TGA files than anything else). Let me know if I should change those and who to send them to!
There is no problem too big that can't be solved with the proper use of high explosives

WITE Scenario Tester
WITW Beta Tester
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

ORIGINAL: Captain B

Don't stay away too long. You definitiely have my permission to use the town size files! I have found a few minor errors (more alignment between individual TGA files than anything else). Let me know if I should change those and who to send them to!

BCGames is in charge now. I have to confess that once the latest beta came out I loaded it up to give the game a try vs the AI and it's greatly improved, IMO.

However, I do feel the need for a break from the mod, so if you can send your files/fixes/comments to BC, that would be cool.

Thanks!
Templer_12

Bug or just unemployed in Gomel?

Post by Templer_12 »

From the manual:
View Factory Locations On/Off (hotkey Shift-L): Town, City and Urban hexes with factories,
to include manpower, ports, rail yards and resource production have their hex shaded red.
Hex pop-up text rollover will now include detail on production facilities. Towns with manpower
production only will not be shaded, but hex pop-up rollover text will list manpower factory.

>Factory locations button is active. Kiev hex is shaded red but Gomel hex is not.

So unemployed in Gomel or a bug?

Excellent mod!
Should have been included in the game by the release!

Attachments
UnemployedinGomel.jpg
UnemployedinGomel.jpg (490.36 KiB) Viewed 313 times
bcgames

RE: Bug or just unemployed in Gommel?

Post by bcgames »

Templer - I don't believe this is a map mod issue. However, I think you are on to something. I need to check out the Operation Blue scenario to see what is going on under the hood.

bcg
HRL58

Post by HRL58 »

Nice work :)

...It would also be nice to have an axis version of the map, where the town names in the Baltic region have their german names and the Bessarabian/Moldavian towns have their romanian names, for example Kretinga=Krottingen, Liepaja=Libau and so on. This names were the ones that OKW used in their reports (and many books about ww2 still use them).
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

ORIGINAL: HRL58

...It would also be nice to have an axis version of the map, where the town names in the Baltic region have their german names and the Bessarabian/Moldavian towns have their romanian names, for example Kretinga=Krottingen, Liepaja=Libau and so on. This names were the ones that OKW used in their reports (and many books about ww2 still use them).
If you wish to give the mod you've described above a go, just let me know. I'll forward to you redmarkus' files. All you need to modify them is a free program called paint.net, and what ever source material you need for entering the correct names you would like to see. You can get paint.net (AKA Gimp2) here:

http://www.getpaint.net/

The program is free. PM me with your email address if you are interested in receiving and modifying the map in the fashion you have outlined in your post.

v/r

bcg
goranw

Post by goranw »

ORIGINAL: HRL58

Nice work :)

Hi!
Go to my site www.mannaberg.se and download the (Operationskarte) zoom2_nogrid.zip (and the frontline map in Zoom4)
and you have most of the German names that were on the original OKH maps.( More names but not as beautiful fonts as made on Redmarcus' map)
GoranW
HRL58

Post by HRL58 »

This was exactly the kind of maps that i was looking for [:)]

Thanks!
HRL58

Post by HRL58 »

Seems that the job had alredy been done by GoranW
typhoon

Post by typhoon »

This looks fantastic but for some reason I cannot get onto the wiki to download it
cookie monster

Post by cookie monster »

ORIGINAL: typhoon

This looks fantastic but for some reason I cannot get onto the wiki to download it

The wiki was down for maintenance but will be back up shortly. Cross refer the thread in the main section.
typhoon

Post by typhoon »

Thank you
Bourguignon

Post by Bourguignon »

Thank you for the job
It looks marvelous

Qui ose vaincra
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

re the Gomel issue, I do know that after factories are evacuated, that town no longer highlights as red. However, the Mod can't 'see' this and will continue to display the factory icon. The Mod is basically telling you there on 22 June 1941 there were factories in that location...
Tarhunnas

Post by Tarhunnas »

This mod is really great, I use it all the time. However, even the sun has spots! I just discovered that all the ports are not marked on the Caspian Sea. Guriev and Astrakhan are ports, but have no port symbol. It will hamper my 1942 offensive if I don't have correct maps [;)].
------------------------------
RTW3 Designer
Templer_12

RE: Bug or just unemployed in Gommel?

Post by Templer_12 »

ORIGINAL: bcgames

Templer - I don't believe this is a map mod issue. However, I think you are on to something. I need to check out the Operation Blue scenario to see what is going on under the hood.

bcg

Post #67 and 68
Are there any results by now? [&:]

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”