Koios Works or Black Hand Studios

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

moet

Koios Works or Black Hand Studios

Post by moet »

Who co-developped PCO with Matrix, Koios or Black Hand ? Are those two companies the same ?
Mobius

RE: Koios Works or Black Hand Studios

Post by Mobius »

No.
Koios was the original developer. Based in Texas I believe.
Black Hand is the follow-on developer. It is in a nuke proof bunker 2000 ft. under Cheyenne mountain.
Or in the internet cloud.
I'm not sure.
[:D]
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
mbar

Post by mbar »

I'm pretty sure Koios folded awhile back which is too bad because they made good games.

My theory on Black Hand Studios is it's whoever is working on a current Matrix product not connected with a development house.
VicKevlar

Post by VicKevlar »

Black Hand=Matrix

It's the internal development team.

Registrant:

David Heath
1021 North Market Plaza
Suite 107-146
Pueblo West, CO 81007
US

Domain Name: BLACKHANDSTUDIOS.COM

Administrative Contact :

Heath, David
davidh@strategy3tactics.com
1021 North Market Plaza
Suite 107-146
Pueblo West, CO 81007
US
Phone: 719 253-2892
Fax: 719 547-4723
The infantry doesn't change. We're the only arm of the military where the weapon is the man himself.

C. T. Shortis

benpark

Post by benpark »

You can look in the "Mods" folder to see a few of our names, and what we added. Others worked on areas of scenario design and coding- they can introduce themselves at some point, or not. You could also look at the credits, but who ever does that?
"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey
moet

Post by moet »

ORIGINAL: benpark
You can look in the "Mods" folder to see a few of our names, and what we added. Others worked on areas of scenario design and coding- they can introduce themselves at some point, or not. You could also look at the credits, but who ever does that?
That's the point. On Matrix website, we can see that "Black Hand" is the developer, but inside the game (including the Credits page) we just see "Koios Works". "Black Hand" is not mentioned, only the "Matrix team" around David Heat.

That's why I asked the question. But now I understand that "Black Hand Studios" is a kind of special "Matrix team".
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi guys,

"Black Hand Studios" is indeed the name of our internal development projects. However, it would be a disservice to the team to say that this was just a Matrix project. While we were involved, as we have been in Panzer Command throughout, this was a project initiated and carried through by the community team - a group of volunteers from the community who started out as testers and modders and programmers and over time became a development team. Panzer Command Ostfront very much reflects their vision of what Panzer Command could be and they did an amazing job.

However, despite all their talents they could not come up with a name for their own group [;)], so we used our internal name for them for this project.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”