Dealing with mines

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

Zakhal

Dealing with mines

Post by Zakhal »

Is the best way to deal with them to move slowly as possible (advance) and hope for the best? Can infantry discover anti-tank mines? Can infantry disable mines?

I lost two of three vehicles to mines in the bootcamp scenario. Im just barely making through it. I hated that scenario in previous PC too! :)
"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke
Erik Rutins

RE: Dealing with mines

Post by Erik Rutins »

Infantry is much better at spotting mines than vehicles are, so having infantry ahead as scouts helps, but it helps you avoid the minefield. There are no clearing charges, so clearing minefields is outside of the scope of these scenarios, but you can certainly try to spot them and avoid them by maneuvering around them. The goal in that scenario is to try to find where the mines are not.

Moving slowly and carefully through a minefield is better than rushing through it, in terms of the game rules.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Joselillo

Post by Joselillo »

hi,

I'm playing the boot camp 3 and I can not pass the bridge.The infantry does not detect mines. what steps should I run?

EDIT: OK! now I understand
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

You can spot them?
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Joselillo

Post by Joselillo »

ORIGINAL: Mobius

You can spot them?

Hi,

No, but I understand the purpose of the mission and successfully completed.

PCO great game!

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”