41 - 45 Victory pts needed?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Peltonx

41 - 45 Victory pts needed?

Post by Peltonx »

I just wanted to ask if there is any way to figure out how much x city is worth in victory pts in the 1941 - 1945 campaign?

I know the normal Leningrad/Moscow/ Tula/ Kursk/ down to Rostov is 246ish pts. I like to know what other citys are worth past this line so I can figure out what I need to take during the 1942 summer to get to 290 VP's.

And yes I pushed the little VP counter to flag the citys but nothing comes up.

Pelton
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Marc

RE: 41 - 45 Victory pts needed?

Post by Marc »

Hi Pelton,

Page 296 in the manual:

24.1.1. VICTORY POINT LOCATIONS AND VALUES
Cities and urban hexes have the following point values:
Heavy Urban - 5
Light Urban - 3
City - 1
National Capital - +5 (Moscow, Berlin, Bucharest, Budapest, Bratislava, Helsinki)
IJN Chokai
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Thanks
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Sabre21

Post by Sabre21 »

Basically a line from Gorki to Saratov to Stalingrad to Grozny. That should do it.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Thats just stupid and a waste of time to set the VP at 290. I am sorry, but you really set it WAY to high. What were u guys thinking?

250 is probably just a little low, but 290 is a design flaw. At 250 the Russian chances of winning are very very low.

I say 265 to 270 is more like it and not a waste of everyones time.
A good GHC player will be lucky to hit 230 - 240 vs an average SHC player. Even vs a poor SHC player to hit 250 the first yr is very hard, so setting it at 265 to 270 will at least put 90% of games into 1942. 290 is just really [>:].

This game is realistic so keep the VP realistic.

Pelton

Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Aditia

Post by Aditia »

lolwut
cookie monster

Post by cookie monster »

ORIGINAL: Pelton

Thats just stupid and a waste of time to set the VP at 290. I am sorry, but you really set it WAY to high. What were u guys thinking?

250 is probably just a little low, but 290 is a design flaw. At 250 the Russian chances of winning are very very low.

A good GHC player will be lucky to hit 230 - 240 vs an average SHC player. Even vs a poor SHC player to hit 250 the first yr is very hard, so setting it at 265 to 270 will at least put 90% of games into 1942. 290 is just really [>:].

Pelton

Why don't you say what you really mean LOL![:D][8D]
Sabre21

Post by Sabre21 »

Pelton

First off I didn't set the campaign vp's. These were set by the scenario designer and based on the original German objectives. If you think they are unrealistic..you need to talk to Hitler about it, I'm sure some of his generals thought the same.

This is a campaign game. it is not supposed to be easy, the war itself wasn't and lasted many years. You can always play one of the shorter scenarios if you don't like the vp's in the campaign game or create your own campaign in the editor and make it whatever you like.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Sabre21

Pelton

First off I didn't set the campaign vp's. These were set by the scenario designer and based on the original German objectives. If you think they are unrealistic..you need to talk to Hitler about it, I'm sure some of his generals thought the same.

This is a campaign game. it is not supposed to be easy, the war itself wasn't and lasted many years. You can always play one of the shorter scenarios if you don't like the vp's in the campaign game or create your own campaign in the editor and make it whatever you like.

Ok sounds good.

I tried calling Hitler an hes not home [;)]

I have no problem going 41 to 45, but after starting 8 41 to 45 and having 6 drop out I just figured it save allot of time making the VP realistic. Most players have figured out if the GHC gets 250 VP+ its pretty much over.

Pelton
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

I have no problem going 41 to 45, but after starting 8 41 to 45 and having 6 drop out I just figured it save allot of time making the VP realistic. Most players have figured out if the GHC gets 250 VP+ its pretty much over.

Pelton
Just agree different victory conditions before you start the game. I don't like the GC autovictory conditions myself so don't pay them any heed, and just agree with my opponents to judge win/loss against historical result.
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

Return to “The War Room”