This needs to be looked at....

Post bug reports and ask for help with issues here.

Moderator: rickier65

diablo1

This needs to be looked at....

Post by diablo1 »

This is what my log file stated in 3 tries to make a random generated scenario above 1941.

From the Log: 5/12/2011 5:43:54 PM: Cannot load animation mesh: C:\GAMES\Panzer Command Ostfront\Data/Infantry/Russian Rifle 42/russian_regularrifle_02.x

In all 3 crashes that ^ is the common denominator.

Also ran all of these with the 40:0 game setup (I prefer this time frame it works great otherwise).

I continued to test and make various other random scenarios and anything 1941 worked fine, but, just as soon as I tried years above 1941 I got that above in my log file.

I ran some random scenario creations with 1942 and above WITHOUT ANY Russian infantry and they all worked as well.

So it's definitely something in that Russian Rifle 42 file imho.

Is there a way I can "delete" this somewhere in the xml file to be able to play 1942+ years with infantry?

Edit this was origionally in the impressions thread but I thought it would be better fitting here.
X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!
rickier65

RE: This needs to be looked at....

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: diablo1

This is what my log file stated in 3 tries to make a random generated scenario above 1941.

From the Log: 5/12/2011 5:43:54 PM: Cannot load animation mesh: C:\GAMES\Panzer Command Ostfront\Data/Infantry/Russian Rifle 42/russian_regularrifle_02.x

In all 3 crashes that ^ is the common denominator.

Also ran all of these with the 40:0 game setup (I prefer this time frame it works great otherwise).

I continued to test and make various other random scenarios and anything 1941 worked fine, but, just as soon as I tried years above 1941 I got that above in my log file.

I ran some random scenario creations with 1942 and above WITHOUT ANY Russian infantry and they all worked as well.

So it's definitely something in that Russian Rifle 42 file imho.

Is there a way I can "delete" this somewhere in the xml file to be able to play 1942+ years with infantry?

Edit this was origionally in the impressions thread but I thought it would be better fitting here.

I replied in the other thread, but this is probably a better place for it.

Can you take a scrnshot of the Random Generator after you've made your selections but before building? I tried to duplicate this and wasn't able to.

To make a scrn shot use F8 then you can find a BMP in the Screens folder. You need to convert it to jpg to post it in here though.

Thakns
rick
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

Sorry I've been through this before I cannot get a screenshot to photoshop or whatever to work. I never was interested in photos or printshop or any of that growing up and so I know nothing about it today.
X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Can you tell us what is on the screen then when you are about to hit the button to build?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

I can tell you what was on the setup screen though.

95% german infantry to 100% russian infanty
5% german artillery

the first time.

Then I started letting the computer make the choices to test futher. So I used

Default German group vs Default Russian group

Had several scenarios in the 9/?/1942 range and all came up with that russian rifleman mesh cannot be loaded

All were "assault" on both sides, germans from the west, russians from the east

500 to 1000 build points, no reinforcements except for 1st game

I basically left everything standard setup after the first crash except for the first game when I tried to put mostly all infantry on the map for both sides.

I used the top map in every setup except the first one and I used the Rumanian one in that one.

Oh and I had full forces as well on each side.
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

When I do the same thing as above in 1941 setup everything works.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

When I do the same thing as above in 1941 setup everything works.

I tried the above settings and still wasn't able to duplicate. Can you zip your scenario file and attach it here?

Also, have you done any editing to any of the unit xmls?

One other possbility might be try reducing your available points. with all infantry, you might be getting more models than can be handled?

Thanks
rick
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

One other possbility might be try reducing your available points. with all infantry, you might be getting more models than can be handled?

Nope that's not it. I've been testing some more and getting it down to SEPT and/or AUTUMN random battles for 1942 being the issue.

I have been able to make 1943 and 1944 battles now.

When I went back and made an AUTUMN SEPT 1942 random battle it crashed again.

I was able to make a WINTER 1942 with 95% german infantry and 5% artillery vs 100 Russian Infantry though and it worked.

EDIT: Also I would have no clue how to edit files so that's a definite NO I haven't edited anything. I downloaded and installed the game that is all.
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

Where are my random created scenario files stored?
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Where are my random created scenario files stored?

They are kept in the folder Data\Scenarios and they will have a name that looks like: R1305309008208.xml

If you have more than one, You can either open them to find which one is the problem and then zipi and attach it, or go by the timestamp maybe.

Thanks this will help me find the problem!

Thanks
Rick
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

Hope this works here is the first file
Attachments
R1305238503903.zip
(6.33 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

Here is the 2nd one.
Attachments
R1305240018321.zip
(4.59 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

Here is the 3rd one.
Attachments
R1305240074188.zip
(3.68 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

thanks! I'll check these later this afternoon!

Thanks
rick
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

Ok thanks Rick appreciate it.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Diablo,

I'm working on the first one. I was able to duplicate the problem when I loaded your scenario.

I've done a little bit with it now. It started out with 249 russian units (pretty mainly infantry squads I think) and 157 German units. I arbitrarily reduced the number of Russian units to around 175 and it loaded and ran, albeit pretty slow on my system. I purposely left the Russian Rifle 42 in though.

I'm going to keep checking to see if I can find a particulary unit that isn't working, but you might try reducing your total points a LOT if you are going to do Infantry only or Infantry mainly battles.

I'll keep checking though.

Thanks!
rick
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

Thanks Rick, remember the other two scenarios I sent are DEFAULT setups so I didn't use 100% infantry in those just what the computer setup for me to use.

I've since tried other SEPT AUTUMN 1942 setups and they are still crashing. Just so you know. [:)]

Thanks again.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Thanks Rick, remember the other two scenarios I sent are DEFAULT setups so I didn't use 100% infantry in those just what the computer setup for me to use.

I've since tried other SEPT AUTUMN 1942 setups and they are still crashing. Just so you know. [:)]

Thanks again.

yep, I'll check those as well.

thakns
rick
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Thanks again.

I didn't have a problem with either the 2nd or the 3rd Scenarios you uploaded. I also checked those and one of them had 192 units total, the other 168 units total.

What are your system specs?

I'm going to keep looking at the first one to see if I can find any particular unit that has problems.

In the meantime, if you are going to do mainly infantry battles, try reducing your points even more. you can buy a lot of Infantry squads for 500 points, you might try cutting that in half and seeing if that works.

Thanks!
Rick
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Another thing is the templates. They are not fluid. The original ones were done my hand. Placing possible infantry and tank locations on a map. The map maker now automates that and then the map designer has to go over it to make sure no tanks are in impassable woods and such. There is only so much room on a map. Therefore there will only be so many placement locations. If the RBG buys more units than the template has locations for, it will crash.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

Return to “Tech Support”