WAW on AT Gold

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

cveta

WAW on AT Gold

Post by cveta »

Some questions for all that have tried WAW scenarion on At Gold
I play in human ws human game as west only and have few questions
1- at the start there is an option to chouse for human player for west and Germany. Will Japan and China and Su be human players also? In standard At game we chouse all 4 of players at the beguining of the game.
2 - standard At gold - 10 rifles or 1 flak or 1 art. can be carried with 1 truck/halftruck. 10 rifles need 10 trucks in At gold? Is this corect? I simply cannot understand what carries what. I build 50 enginers. How many horses or trucks are neded to speed them up. An how many for 10 light artilery?
3 - I boost Non European people production to 100%. But I see that only cities in India and Africa have incrised production. Australia and Canada still produce 0,5 PP per turn. Why is that?
4 - 1 turn is how many days in waw At gold? My oponenet and me played for aproximatly 10 turns and we are in Feb. 1940
5 - all starting units for west are British. Units produced in India for exaple have mark NON ( non europiean I belive ). How well will they fight and what bonuses will they have until I by a card to improve them to fight at 100%
6 - once when France/Norway/Belgium is attacked will they fight at 100% or should I save some PP to make them fight better also?
7 - after attack on enemy cities with LB I cannot see the demage done to cities after initial attack. Or I cannot found where to read that info ( how fast are cities self repairs?)
8 - I cannot find an info how many hexes units moves on road, plains, forest or seas. Where is that written? Same goes for intercept range for planes.

If anybady have a time please answer thouse questions. Thanks
Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups
tweber

RE: WAW on AT Gold

Post by tweber »

ORIGINAL: cveta

Some questions for all that have tried WAW scenarion on At Gold
I play in human ws human game as west only and have few questions
1- at the start there is an option to chouse for human player for west and Germany. Will Japan and China and Su be human players also? In standard At game we chouse all 4 of players at the beguining of the game.
Yes, Japan, China and SU will be human.
2 - standard At gold - 10 rifles or 1 flak or 1 art. can be carried with 1 truck/halftruck. 10 rifles need 10 trucks in At gold? Is this corect? I simply cannot understand what carries what. I build 50 enginers. How many horses or trucks are neded to speed them up. An how many for 10 light artilery?
Vehicles are scaled down in terms of price and capability. So, you need 1 truck or 1 horse to mobilize an infantry or a light artillery. Bombers have a dual role as transporters and can carry 2 infantry each.
3 - I boost Non European people production to 100%. But I see that only cities in India and Africa have incrised production. Australia and Canada still produce 0,5 PP per turn. Why is that?
India and Africa use Non-European people production. Austrailia and Canada use British people production. The cost of the three production improvements is set based on the amount of production that will be improved. So, it costs alot for a regime to improve own people production, but you get alot more in return. The is a card that shows how much unmodified production by people type your regime has.

4 - 1 turn is how many days in waw At gold? My oponenet and me played for aproximatly 10 turns and we are in Feb. 1940
20 days per turn
5 - all starting units for west are British. Units produced in India for exaple have mark NON ( non europiean I belive ). How well will they fight and what bonuses will they have until I by a card to improve them to fight at 100%
Non-European and European people fight at 80% capability. This can be improved to 100% by playing the coallition card for Non-European and European people respectively. Another way to get around this is to just use Non-Euro and Euro production centers for PP and pre-cursors.
6 - once when France/Norway/Belgium is attacked will they fight at 100% or should I save some PP to make them fight better also?
The Low Countries are Euro peoples so you would need to improve them. French fight at 100% for the West so you do not have to do anything.
7 - after attack on enemy cities with LB I cannot see the demage done to cities after initial attack. Or I cannot found where to read that info ( how fast are cities self repairs?)
If you have a location selected, there are tabs on the right side - hex and loc. Hex shows the units in the hex. Loc shows the location status. Here is where you would get the damage status.
8 - I cannot find an info how many hexes units moves on road, plains, forest or seas. Where is that written? Same goes for intercept range for planes.
Best way to see all the land movement is to go to editor, land and then movetypes. In plains, foot moves 3, horse moves 4, wheel moves 5 and tracked moves 6. On roads, foot moves 4, horse moves 5, wheel moves 10 and tracked moves 7.

If anybady have a time please answer thouse questions. Thanks
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

Is there going to be a new release of WaW specifically for ATG? Or is it expected that the last release for AT is just used in ATG? My question comes from complete ignorance btw - I haven't kept up w/ the WaW scenario permutations.
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

There is a completely new rebuilt version of WaW for ATG, bundled with ATG.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
tweber

Post by tweber »

ORIGINAL: jjdenver

Is there going to be a new release of WaW specifically for ATG? Or is it expected that the last release for AT is just used in ATG? My question comes from complete ignorance btw - I haven't kept up w/ the WaW scenario permutations.

WAW for ATG is completely new. Look at this post to see some of the major changes. I also use the same design for a War in Russia scenario and a War in the Pacific scenario if you want a smaller game.
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

Oh, I didn't see it because it was in humanonly scenario. Thanks.

There are 2 scenarios there:
New WaW.at2
New WaW (AT Gold Release) v2.at2

Which should we use? Why are there 2?
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
tweber

Post by tweber »

Use the second one
cveta

Post by cveta »

Thanks Tom for answers[:)]. I will post if any other question appear.
And I played as Germany also - Germany armies run out of fuel on 1st turn? Sometnig must be done about that.
How did stocking of fuel works? If I start the gamne with 4000 fuel and spend 3000, how much will be transfered to next turn[&:]? Or lets say in other words - how many fuel will civilian and industry use?
Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups
tweber

Post by tweber »

Fuel is tight for Germany through most of the game.  It is certainly a good idea to get the Polish resource hex in the first turn.  Also, building chemical factories will give you more fuel (every time a supply is made, an additional fuel is created).

Key to not running out of fuel is to be a bit cautious with armored attackes.  Only use them in the clear terrain.  Don't use two armored units when an armored and infantry unit will do.

Every turn, half of the remaining fuel is consumed by the civilian economy.  You can play a card called 'fuel rationing' that reduces your own people productivity by 25% but makes it so you save 75% of your fuel turn on turn.  This is a good card to play a month or two before a major offensive. 

If you try the Eastern Front scenario, it is pretty easy to run out of fuel in the second turn if you are not careful.

It is never good to end your turn out of fuel.  Your fighter intercept range becomes halved and it becomes easier to the West to find gaps in your air defense. 

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”