LCU movement not posible

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

ALF1

LCU movement not posible

Post by ALF1 »

Hello,
I and my opponent we need advice for strange behaviour.
My forces (japs) arrived in hex 75,47 in China with one division, which was occupied by many Chinese forces. After few turns of combat with 1:1 odds ( slightly to Chinese side ) opponent contact me and ask for advice why he can not move with his chinese forces to the W or NW. This hexes are (and were all the time occupied only by Chinese ). When I check ZOC by "W" I can see that these hexes are really in Chinese ZOC. Other hexes surrouding 75, 47 are mine. I try to set up movement of my division to he different hexes and I see as well strange behaviour. Despite that W and NW is in Chinese ZOC I can set up movement there but I can not set up movement to the NE which is my ZOC. Can somebody tell me what can be root couse if this.

We have this version of upgrade 1.0.4.1106 i OCT 27 2010 upgrade we did after together comunication in same period of time.

Picture from japs side

Attachments
ustup.jpg
ustup.jpg (36.08 KiB) Viewed 29 times
ALF1

RE: LCU movement not posible

Post by ALF1 »

picture from alied side

Attachments
Bez_nazvu.jpg
Bez_nazvu.jpg (269.39 KiB) Viewed 29 times
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

First, you must realize that each hex side has two "slices", one facing each adjacent hex. You can only move out of a hex if you own the slice of hex side facing you that you wish to move across.

In the picture in your first post, the white selection indicator is obscuring the hex ownership colors. The second picture is better. It looks like the NW hex side has the slice facing the hex in question owned by the Japanese (it is red). The slice of that hex side facing the other hex is owned by the Allies (it is green), but that does not matter.

The W hex side is unclear in the screen capture and I can not tell who owns the inward slice. BTW, the inward slice of the hex side to the NE appears to be owned by the Allies, so they could move that way (might not be a good tactical idea, though).

Hope this helps. Just remember that hex side itself has two sides (I called them slices to reduce confusion). You must own the one facing you if you wish to move across it.
ALF1

Post by ALF1 »

Thanks for your replay , but I still need more explanation.
See picture from next turn with highlighted details ( japs side):

So my additional question:
1. Do you know what is the rules to be owner of this hex in middle ? Becouse Chinese was there first I arried with one division from SW hex and I never attacked I expect that they will be owner of this hex forewer (if nothing else happened). I was attacked by Chinese units there, with 1:1 odds first time and 1:2 second time. Is this second fight cousing that Chinese lost the control of this hex - does it mean that if Chinese will not attack they will be still owner of this hex (becouse of terain I expect that I will be newer able to attack with 1 jap div so many china unit with odds favorible to me)? Does it mean that to attack, if you are owner of hex, if you are not sure that you will have better odds than 1:1 is bad idea becouse you lose ownership of this hex ?

2. To take example of this hex from allied side ( where we see the problem ). For example only W side of the central hex: Inner "slice" is japan outer "slice" is allied. Does it mean that I (japan) can move to the W becouse of inner slice is mine ( japan ) ? Which looks logic for me.
Does it mean that allied side can not move outside becouse he is not owner of both ( inner and outer) "slice" of W side ? Which does not look logic for me becouse he is owner of next hex in W - so why not to allow him to retread. Opponent inform me that he is not able to setup movement from central hex to next W hex

Ground combat at 75,47

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 64305 troops, 513 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2333

Defending force 11939 troops, 112 guns, 69 vehicles, Assault Value = 412

Allied adjusted assault: 1184

Japanese adjusted defense: 1339

Allied assault odds: 1 to 2

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), leaders(+), experience(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
295 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 27 disabled
Non Combat: 3 destroyed, 35 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled

Allied ground losses:
2783 casualties reported
Squads: 16 destroyed, 174 disabled
Non Combat: 9 destroyed, 146 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 26 disabled

Assaulting units:
55th Chinese Corps
46th Chinese Corps
69th Chinese Corps
30th Chinese Corps
11th Chinese Corps
83rd Chinese Corps
31st Chinese Corps
40th Chinese Corps
9th Separate Brigade
27th Chinese Corps
2nd Chinese Corps
64th Chinese Corps
25th Chinese Corps
70th Chinese Corps
22nd Chinese Corps
5th New Chinese Corps
22nd Artillery Regiment
21st Group Army
18th Artillery Regiment
13th Group Army
39th Group Army
1st War Area
5th War Area
2nd Group Army
3rd Heavy Mortar Regiment
1st Artillery Regiment
20th Artillery Regiment
56th AT Gun Regiment

Defending units:
15th Division

Attachments
Nextturn.jpg
Nextturn.jpg (61.39 KiB) Viewed 29 times
Dali

Post by Dali »

I am allies...
all sides hex is red (movement not alloved)
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

The issue with movement only concerns the hex sides, not the hex itself. To be even more specific, it concerns only the hex sides facing the hex in question (what I earlier called the "slices" facing inward).

To move out of a hex, you must own the hex side facing you that you move across. That's all of it. If all six inward facing hex sides are owned by the enemy (For example, you para drop onto an enemy base behind his lines), then you can not move out of the hex, period. First, you must have one of your units move into the hex because when they do so the hex side they move across will flip ownership to your side.

Return to “Tech Support”