Frankly speaking...

The team behind the award-winning game Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive early days of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain).

Moderator: Vic

sIg3b

Frankly speaking...

Post by sIg3b »

I own AT, and I think it´s a bit clunky. Not really bad, but too much micromanagement in the logistics, replacements... departments. Also somewhat complicated interface.

So, in short: Is DC interface easier to use? Is replacements and supply automatic? I really dont care at all about economy, and want the system to handle that!
Frido1207

RE: Frankly speaking...

Post by Frido1207 »

Yes. No production, research etc. in DC. Supply is also "automated".
User interface is almost identical to ATG (in fact ATG imported some features from DC), with one or two features, that
you don´t find in ATG, like group movement.
sIg3b

Post by sIg3b »

Sounds as I might like this game. No manual replacements to units, I hope? How is this handled?
Frido1207

Post by Frido1207 »

Depends on what you´re playing: scenarios or campaign game.

Generally during the scenarios there are no replacements. You have to live with what you get.
Additionally you have the option to buy a unit by spending political points (from which you get a certain amount at the start of the scenario. You can´t / don´t have to produce them).

Only difference in the campaign game is that you will get replacements / reinforcements between the single scenarios.

If you generally like the way how combat & movement in ATG works, i´m sure you will like DC.
sIg3b

Post by sIg3b »

Yes, it looks like AT with more historicity, better AI, less clutter. [:)]
critter

Post by critter »

It's a great game. Well worth the money.[8D]
What do you mean we're out of amunition???
pvthudson01

Post by pvthudson01 »

what can we expect in the future? in terms of fronts and battles
Matrix Member since 2003!
Vic

Post by Vic »

I disclosed elsewhere that a new DC title is in the works. The only thing I revealed so far is that it will be situated on the eastern front.

i hope to give some more info within a few months.

best regards,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Bivoj_MatrixForum

Post by Bivoj_MatrixForum »

I hope the patch will be here sooner then in a few months
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
critter

Post by critter »

ORIGINAL: Vic

I disclosed elsewhere that a new DC title is in the works. The only thing I revealed so far is that it will be situated on the eastern front.

i hope to give some more info within a few months.

best regards,
Vic

Vic what about patching WTP while we wait? I'd love to have a full screen option, unit highlites and a look into the British AI in case Yellow so they don't die in surrounded sky scraper stacks. Rocketman has a hugh list of requests.
What do you mean we're out of amunition???
Keunert

Post by Keunert »

within a few months... sigh
willgamer

Post by willgamer »

ORIGINAL: Keunert

within a few months... sigh

+1 [:(]
Rex Lex or Lex Rex?
Josh

Post by Josh »

[:)] Uh yeah he said that, but Vic said that a few months ago... sooo time for a new update me thinks.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Guys,

If I would be a one man show I would give more info quicker.
Info will still come, but it just takes longer then expected. Sorry there.

Furthermore I can say I am working very hard on DC2. The Eastern front is a tough nut to crack! :)

Best regards,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

...I am working very hard on DC2. The Eastern front is a tough nut to crack! :)
Excellent! Let the games begin! DC1 was a great play. I for one am looking forward to the results of your latest efforts.

v/r

bcgames
WilliePete

Post by WilliePete »

Guys,

If I would be a one man show I would give more info quicker.
Info will still come, but it just takes longer then expected. Sorry there.

Furthermore I can say I am working very hard on DC2. The Eastern front is a tough nut to crack! :)

Best regards,
Vic

Thanks for getting back to us! I've been playing Gary's War in the East, but took a break and went back to Decisive Campaigns. I really love your game! The regiment scale game play and map style are really unique. I'm sure the map of the Soviet Union and unit artwork will be nice for the next game. I really like how bridges and rivers come into play as well. I feel the only real drawback is finding a unit's organization. Otherwise, it's a very good and unique war-game!

I very much looked forward to the Eastern Front! Vic, can you give us any tidbit of info to keep the hype up? A screen shot would be awesome!!!

- They That Sow The Wind, Shall Reap The Whirlwind -
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Well, all good things are hard to get... but is not bad show a little piece of "meat" to hungry dogs of war [:D]

If Vic is so busy can at least write a cryptic phrase like "a couple of kicks and comes all down" or "to be or not to be" or "from heaven to hell".... them we can spend lot of time with theories but is better say "DC 2 covers x campaign, soviets have minedogs and german kartonpanzers"
[/align] [/align]

WilliePete

Post by WilliePete »

To say that that The East Front is a "tough nut to crack" is understatement. I suppose where to begin is a hard decision in itself. As we all know the East Front has it all. I'll take a guess and say that it will have something to do with Barbarossa.

Maybe we can expect a collection of 2-3 Barbarossa scenarios for this time around. A scenario about the first few weeks from Brest-Litovsk on. Another on the battle for Kiev. A winter battle for Moscow would be cool too... I'd imagine a battle covering the entire Eastern Front is way too big for this scale. Although if Vic were to design such a scenario, I'd play it until my eyes bleed!

What do you guys think?
- They That Sow The Wind, Shall Reap The Whirlwind -
Josh

Post by Josh »

A battle covering the entire East Front, that's GG's "War in the East". I have this question lingering in my mind for few months now, how does DC2 compare to WitE?

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris”